Sign in to follow this  
HartofARMA

Trouble with I44 2.5

Hi guys,

I recently was playing the I44 2.0 release of the oosterbeck beta and it was really awesome. Later that day I saw that they released a new version for download in 2007. Though I love the updated work I noticed that the newer version was missing the face textures of the 2.0 version! Is there anyway to take the 2.0 faces and put them with 2.5 version, if so how?

Thanks in advance!

This will be in my patch 2.8 . I'm working on it and w few new toys from Invasion 44 ;) (like winter hanomag, tiger II with porsche and henschel turret etc.)

Try me previous one 2.7

ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/armad/addons/I44_a.2.7.rar

Link to the topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78779&highlight=Invasion

edit----

But if You are good in config I can send You a modified BIN files by me. It changes "clon faces" in standard 2.50 etc

Send me pm if You are interested.

Edited by Bielow

Hey bielow,

I gave 2.7 a go and it is a great enhancement : D however I am still getting the "ghost faces" on british units, do I need to download 2.51 patch if it was released first before 2.7? Anyway it is not a huge problem. I was also going to try to take some of the original 2.0 soldiers and put them with 2.7 soldiers to add diversity of the units because I saw that the 2.7 are slightly more equiped than the 2.0 but it would be nice to have some "under equiped" soldiers fighting alongside the newer ones (however I will see if it is just a matter of cut and paste). As far as configing BIN files I have never done that before in my time playing OFP.

Thanks!

When installing 2.5, did you first delete 2.0 as instructed?

I can't comment on 2.7, as it is a patch made by Bielow, not by us.

Yeap. Because I modified I44 for myself. I have in my own version a lot of things which i did after releasing 2.7. Some of them maybe I will put in 2.8.

But I'm mainly focus to improve gameplay, cause 2.5 even +2.7 is lagging like hell, especially the Oosterbeek Island and units :/

I have a lot of modified files but there are mainly in config files nad Bin folder. When I sort my family business and when I'll back from holiday I'll try to sit and finish it.

Yes. My previous 2.51 patch was eliminating ghost faces. But no one from I44 team don't have it (no on has a backup) and I after uploading it i delete all stuff and modding my version of I44. Sorry. I will try to add it in 2.8 patch.

Regards

Bielow

p.s

(however I will see if it is just a matter of cut and paste).

:D No dude. It's not working. It's not a puzzle ;)

Edited by Bielow

@Bielow is your 2.7 version standalone? (No overwriting?)

No Benny :) It's 2.50 standard + 2.51 + 2.7 + 2.8 + a few modified files from Jojimbo ( a lot of files was lost after crash my hdd :( )

I added a few toys + Sicily Map (modified from 1.2 Demo), changed heads in all models, adding cargo animations to tanks, new camouflages to germans, I finish stuff from JC dedicated to I44 etc

I will try to create patch 2.8 which will have all things from 2.51,2.7 and 2.8 in one patch.

Edited by Bielow

It will be a official release ?

It will be tested by I44 team?

What exactly stuff will be adding ?

Czemu cholero się jeszcze tym nie podzieliłeś ;) ?

It will be a official release ?

It will be tested by I44 team?

What exactly stuff will be adding ?

Czemu cholero się jeszcze tym nie podzieliłeś ;) ?

Ahhhh now don't go stressing out bielow! :butbut: I doubt that it is official or tested by I44 as the I44 team has moved on and the last "patch" (2.8) was unofficial.

Ahhhh now don't go stressing out bielow! :butbut: I doubt that it is official or tested by I44 as the I44 team has moved on and the last "patch" (2.8) was unofficial.

We can take a look at what Bielow has done, and make it an official re-re-release though :p (we could have forced him to make it a patch to our 2.5, but that would be silly, as just having to download one file is much easier).

It needs to meet certain requirements for that though, of which Bielow is aware (no addons other than based on BIS or I44 work, crediting I44, respecting I44 EULA, performance should not be worse than in the original (not much of a challenge in that) etc).

Ahhhh now don't go stressing out bielow!

Hehe Bielow is my buddy since studies :p I can stress him :D

Anyway Bielow is taking relax on vacation, but I'm sure that he will finish his project.