Sign in to follow this  
rory_pamphilon

Can turn right but left turn/aim is so slow?!?

Something that's been plaguing me for a while..

Sometimes whilst playing after a while I notice that it seems way easier to turn & aim to the right than the left. I.e if I move mouse right everything is ok but if I move the mouse left it seems to struggle, like iv dust on my roller ball but iv a (clean) laser mouse.

Is it cos I'm injured or cos I'm carrying rocket launcher over left shoulder or is it just a bug?

Makes it impossible for me to aim and track targets moving left across my screen.

p.s. I mostly play bennys warfare online

Seems you're suffering from Zoolander disease...

... sorry couldn't resist.

Not having this problem as far as aiming or gameplay goes, but certain menu buttons have caused a strange stutter in the mouse pointer in the past, much like as you describe, having fluff in the mouse. I am unable to reproduce it though.

Yeah I hav had the flickering menu options before but I'm pretty sure that's down to having steam chat open in the background.

I'm stumped as iv never heard of anybody else having the problem.

To clarify.. When it occurs menu/map/options movement is all fine, it's only when I'm in first person view and often when standing on a slope..

Takes twice as much mouse travel to turn 90deg left than 90deg to the right.

Surely somebody else has experienced this?

Yeah I hav had the flickering menu options before but I'm pretty sure that's down to having steam chat open in the background.

I'm stumped as iv never heard of anybody else having the problem.

To clarify.. When it occurs menu/map/options movement is all fine, it's only when I'm in first person view and often when standing on a slope..

Takes twice as much mouse travel to turn 90deg left than 90deg to the right.

Surely somebody else has experienced this?

Not exactly the same, but I often have problems with vehicles. When I jump in and start to drive they stubbornly tend to turn on one side. That lasts a few seconds

*UPDATE

Probable Fix for your Problem!

I have just finished going through this agonizing and frustrating experience myself.

Problem: When in a vehicle's gunner seat (anywhere a weapon mount is) when I moved my mouse to the right slow or fast it would track perfectly. However when I moved to the left I had to move my mouse 5x to 10x farther to get the same movement as I did moving it to the right.

I could not figure out what was causing the problem, I purchased a different mouse pad thinking that would fix the issue, it did not. I changed every sensitivity setting on my mouse (nothing worked) and ingame mouse settings.

Then I had a thought, maybe it has something to do with my joystick. Sure enough my joystick was set up for AIM (UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT). When I moved my stick just slightly to the left (of center) and then moved my mouse right and left the problem was fixed.

So it has something to do with the centering of my joystick and the fact it was bound for aiming in vehicles. It was screwing up my mouse.

So if you are using your joystick for aiming in anyways, try what I did. Hold the stick a little off center (to the left) and then try your mouse movement. If your left hand movement is fixed then you know its got something to do with the centering of your joystick when its set up for aiming as well as your mouse ;-)

Cheers!