Sign in to follow this  
christophercles

Ofp wins "game of the year award" in pc powerplay.

Every year, PC Powerplay (probably the biggest PC gaming magazine in australia) hold the GOTY (game of the year) awards, which is voted on by people in the community, not the press, and guess what game got the number one position? Operation flashpoint of course smile.gif. Also, it seems that ghost recon came in seventh, so you can see what the community actually thinks of the FP v GR debate...

Isn't that just plain pathetic?

Here in New Zealand i only got previous issue today!

WTF are they thinking? A freaking month delay?

I knew its gonna get it, PCPP just loves it too much, and they probably would've adjusted the votes if it didn't win tounge.gif

Yeah i just got mine from my subscription today.

But remember what the pcpp guys said about ghost recon, about how much better it was than flashpoint? then the readers prove them wrong smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 06 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least there is a little justice in the world.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, yeah. smile.gif

Hey! That's not true! I didn't read the issue with GR review, but i remember that OFP got 94% and GR got 92% or something, but i stil reckon they're crap now with XBOX and stuff

Yeah, but i dont think itll be in there much longer though, the x-box doesnt seem to be going so well im afraid to say...

indeed i heard that xbox has only managed to sell 60% of what they thought they would in the first month or something like that

And they make a $200 loss on every unit they produce. And now in australia they ahve reduced the price by another $200.

If they were not such arrogant bastards and released it all over the world at the same time, they would've been in much better situation right now!

Poor console sales always makes me smile smile.gif

This means more power to intelligent PC based games that require more than 2 buttons to operate.

Well, i'll say this about microsoft: They know their way around computers like no one else, but they have little to no place in the gaming industry.

Now as far as this topic goes, i'll just say Its about god damn time!! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ May 06 2002,22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And they make a $200 loss on every unit they produce. And now in australia they ahve reduced the price by another $200.<span id='postcolor'>

Saw one in eb for $350 or there abouts

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, i'll say this about microsoft: They know their way around computers like no one else, but they have little to no place in the gaming industry.<span id='postcolor'>

Emmmmm.....come again?

Age of Empires/AoEII

MS Flight Simulator XX

Mechwarrior 4

Mech Commander II

Dungeon Seige

I may not be a Microsoft appologist, but MS Games have made some pretty damn good games. Now...if you had said 'Microsoft has no place in the CONSOLE gaming industry' I might have agreed with you

biggrin.gif

Microsoft's XBox sold less then 50% of what they expected to sell in the first quarter. Worldwide.

But companies don't make money from selling consoles. They make money by selling games.

They already lose money on each console they sell.

Since XBox only has a handful of good games... The XBox was doomed from the beginning.

Well Microsoft games are good! Cause they've shitloads of money and not afraid to experiment!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 07 2002,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Microsoft games are good! Cause they've shitloads of money and not afraid to experiment!<span id='postcolor'>

True

I like microsoft games alot and all, but when you look at "microsoft: game's, they never actually make any of them, they just buy great development houses.