Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

East Tech Vs. West Tech: A plea for Warfare modders.

I'm all for realism, but could we please have some of our beloved Warfare modders try and tip the scale a little but when it comes to making the opposing forces in Warfare actually comparable? As it stands right now, its a joke.

The east don't get heat seeking missiles, a single gun with a decent scope, and their most expensive ~$4500 T72 tank would lose against the cheapest AT unit available by any western unit (On foot or otherwise).

When one team can simply "Tab Fire, Tab Fire" at units 1500m away and 100% kill ratio, that is completely unfair to the other team. Scoped units for west follow the same methodology. This is why (my guess) many favor PVE vs. PVP because of the unbalanced scales. Sure the Taliban aren't an equal force, but when you put players Vs. players, you should accommodate. 80% of the games I join always have more west players than east players.. so I'm essentially forced into playing the east, against my will.

I really hope that the British & US forces can be put up against each other so we could at last have some 1:1 battles fought were the winner isn't already pre-determined.

Edited by Victor

Though this probably belongs in multi-player and not user missions, I will reply.

If you are a decent player and understand controlling AI and work as a team; the east is more than sufficiently stocked with equipment. Sure it would be nice to see more most specifically in terms of air. Add together CO and it is evenly matched no doubt with the KA-52.

I play mostly on foot taking towns and no amount of west tech can stop me other than a well coordinated effort and teamwork on their behalf; regardless what type of equipment is employed. But more is always better if we can get it.

One could make the argument that discussing Modified MP User-missions would belong to this thread.

Your point on AI is something I hadn't brought up. The AI play decently no-matter what weapon they are using or what faction they are on. You might as well be going up against a West Player unit who also knows how to control his AI.

AI isn't something I was eluding to when I brought up scopes etc. As a East player, if I'm going up against a West player, I'd like to know that his ACOG scope doesn't consistently give him the advantage to my iron sights @ longer ranges.

If I had a TUSK and you had a T72... you could hit me anywhere you wanted once, but as soon as ether I or my AI gunner spots you after the fact while you are reloading- your tank is toast. As a PVP gamemode, east players should have at least some compensation for lack of tech.. Give em 1-2 West ACOG weapons & a Javelin or something to even the playing field.

If I remember the Russian side in Arma 2 is kind of as well equipped as the USMC were. They had METS AT weapons to match the Javelin, T-90 to fight the TUSKs and there infantry weapons were maybe even a little better than the USMC M16A4s. This was before they had the heat scopes in game mind.

You may want to try looking for some severs still running them, or make a warfare map that Has Russian vs US army in combined ops.

Sure you could balance it with prices but (imo) that's kinda a cheap way out. Teams are constantly uneven because people want to have the 'better gear' and now you not only have an out-teched east side, but now an outnumbered one as well.

The cheaper AI wouldn't really make that much of a difference as they can make do with or without the better gear. Its you as an individual soldier that's deprived of having better 'stuff' to assist you in taking down your foe.