Sign in to follow this  
Sirex1

Could Operation Flashpoint 1 and Arma1 maps be ported to Arma2+AO?

Like the topic, could we port the maps from the other games to Arma2. I imgagine if it was semi easy to do that it will add lots of content for this game very fast. You can yourself imagine the benefits.

I'm converting (with permission) island Barbuda and island Yanutha.

I'm converting (with permission) island Barbuda and island Yanutha.

You sir, are a machine

And to answer the original question, yes they could.

Like the topic, could we port the maps from the other games to Arma2. I imgagine if it was semi easy to do that it will add lots of content for this game very fast. You can yourself imagine the benefits.

If you mean the maps published by BIS, there's a couple of projects out there.

If you mean the user generated islands, there have been a few ports here and there but they require the permission of the original author.

I think there is also be a new statement by BIS regarding licenses and our ability to port their content between games. I'm not sure how relevant that is to island porting.

CAA1 is a hell of a big download. lol

This brings back fond memories of Capture the Flag at Everon anyone remember that ? One of the best CTF maps I've ever played and to be able to play it again now using Arma2/OA would certainly get my juices flowing.

The Americans had to defend their Flag which was based infront of a Medical Hospital Facility and their main asset was the M113.

The Russians had to defend their flag in a small village surrounded by Hills and their main asset was the BMP.

The hours of fun my clan had playing this map on The Combat Zone Ladder against other clans was some of the best gaming days of my life.