Sign in to follow this  
Koni

Player triggering a trigger in a vehicle

I'm trying to get the player to trigger a trigger in a mission when they enter the area of the trigger, but they will probably be in a vehicle.

I tried condition = player in thislist; which works fine if they are on foot, but not if they are in a vehicle.

Naming the vehicle and doing = vehicle in thislist; works well too, but there's many vehicles around, though I was thinking about limiting the area to one vehicle, but I'd rather not.

I know I can group the unit to the trigger... is this the only way ? having a blue line dragging half way across the map in the editor ?

You could also try:

(vehicle player) in thislist;

The vehicle command will return the player himself if he is on foot, so that should always work. :)

Edited by MadDogX

When player enters vehicle:

player != vehicle player

Player by foot or by vehicle:

player || vehicle player Strike that, above poster is naturally the way to do it.

If I read you right (I'm tried).

You could also try:

The vehicle command will return the player himself if he is on foot, so that should always work. :)

Brilliant, works just fine, that you very much :)

:confused: Interesting... if I put

into the condition field of the trigger it doesn't work for me sitting in a stryker... trigger doesn't activate either it's linked to me or not. Am I missing something?