Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Su-17/22M4 'FITTER-K'

Wow finally ! Looking awesome Franze !

Arma2 version PLEASEEEEEEEEE
    please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please
    I'm with Vilas here, 'would be so great if you could do an A2 version !

Decidedly lucrative period for ArmA. Thank you very much Franze

|- Website Staff CFr-ArmA.net
    |- Co-founder Studio MAF

Any tips and tricks on how to make it working (without CTD) in A2?
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Don't book a trip to Altis. There are no women living there at all! #Arma3Tips

Author of the Thread
    Gents,

The ArmA2 version will be a bit longer in coming because I'd like to have a more thorough and finalized release for A2. Technically it will work in ArmA2, but it does not run well and many functions are broken. You can try it but you have to put an empty jet in, then get into it (wrong pilot definitions) and you have to place the Su-17 weapons unit in. This isn't supported right now but it can 'work' that way to a certain degree.

The A2 variant will need many scripting changes, material changes, and so on. There's a heavy dependence on SQS scripts which need to be converted to SQF and material changes, plus some cockpit changes that are required. Since I'm going to all that trouble I'd like to finish the cockpit and get a more solid system working.

For what it's worth, it doesn't look that different in ArmA2:

Lovely work Franze

Ever addon maker feels different about it, and their entitled to there own policy, but would you consider releasing a simple "striped" version for ArmA2/OA now, then provide your uber version later?

Author of the Thread
    Well Gnat, the problem is that there's so many unfinished parts as it stands; the cockpit is only about 50% done and many other parts required a lot more polish to even be acceptable. If the cockpit were done I probably wouldn't have many qualms about releasing it into A2 with some script bugs, but that's only scratching the surface with what I wanted to do with it.

There's a lot of stuff it was designed to do that really don't come into their own under your typical ArmA circumstances - I didn't build it as a replacement for the Su-34 or Su-25, but as a part of a whole experience. By itself it's got all these functions that don't make any sense without having the 'missionized' experience.

I could release it for ArmA2 and build it up as I go on, but I think it'd be a big disappointment because it was designed on ArmA1 limitations without being properly converted to ArmA2's baseline.

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation.
    Cheers

Very nice work, great looking plane

For what it's worth, it doesn't look that different in ArmA2:
    except more realistic, and much needed, we need more fighter plane varients in Arma 2.
    IFWarMod for Iron Front Conversion | COSLX for Arma2CO | COWarMod for Arma2CO
    COWarModACE for Ace2 Mod | COWarModI44 for I44 Mod | A2WarMod for Arma2 | A2WarModACE for Arma2 Ace mod | WarMod for Arma1
    Mission Repository Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944 | WarMod Series Website

I'd like a few people to enjoy it before I move on.
    Thanks Franz - I appreciate it - looks awesome!

"Fire the bloody guns where we want them or you'll lose the lot of us"
    Major Harry Smith, Battle of Long Tan, 18 August, 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by Franze View Post

I could release it for ArmA2 and build it up as I go on, but I think it'd be a big disappointment because it was designed on ArmA1 limitations without being properly converted to ArmA2's baseline.
    but when used as "air support" in mission ???
    for Polish troops it is very needed (along with F16) when in mission i call air support and airplane to strike in enemy tanks
    for other countries A10 or SU25, but for Poland SU22 is essential (modern or P85)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast