Sign in to follow this  
cyop

call sqf with addAction, then ending the sqf script?

Originally, I was using triggers, but now I am trying to clear my radio. - The chopper is called from an addAction, which executes an sqf. No prob, does what it is suppose to. But now, I cannot get the chopper to RTB. I have been searching and gone through the Wiki. The best example I found was from 2005, by Ghost, but it did not clear anything up for me. (I would not be surprised if I did not use the right search word, since all the dif things are not known to me, even looking through the commands in the Wiki. Heck, I am still trying to figure out the complete dif between variables, values, commands, etc.)

Here is my RTB trigger:

_trg = createTrigger["EmptyDetector",[0,0,0]];
_trg setTriggerArea[0,0,0,false];
_trg setTriggerActivation["India","PRESENT",false];
_trg setTriggerStatements["this", "AH64D1_ready = 1", ""];
_trg setTriggerText "Attack Helicopter RTB";
waitUntil{AH64D1_ready == 1};
hint "Attack Helicopter RTB";

// // // // Number = unitName addAction [title, filename, (arguments, priority, showWindow, hideOnUse, shortcut, condition)]

action_AH64D1_rtb = player addAction ["Attack Helicopter RTB", "AH64D1_rtb\AH64D1_rtb.sqf"];

(WHAT to put in the AH64D1_rtb.sqf? I have tried a great number of things and combinations, but just cannot get it.)

player removeAction action_AH64D1_rtb;
hint "Attack Helicopter RTB";

Now, as 'you' can see, I am using an addAction to call a script to RTB, but, also, what about my very first addAction, (which, BTW, is in my init.sqf), is there something I have to do to end that first? Don't the addAction's stay 'stored', or something?

player addAction ["Request Attack Helicopter", "AH64D1\AH64D1.sqf"];

And, speaking of the chopper returning to base, is there a way to 'force' the chopper to ignore enemy, at the same time, so that it will RTB? I know setCaptive will make the enemy leave the chopper alone, but I want the chopper to ignore enemy and RTB, when the rtb sqf is executed. In SP, I only play as infantry, with a small squad. I just want the chopper to help me out when I am surrounded by armor, and then get the heck out of there. (I have not really researched that much, since I am still trying to figure out the former.)

TIA

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

EDIT: Hmmm... I guess, for the chopper, I can just find the command to remove the ammo, and setCaptive, also?

Edited by CyOp