miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Would be awesome if there was a mission or campaign similar to the events going in Syria and neighboring countries with this mod.

SAA and Hizbullah and Iran rush israel ,and win war:)

If someone set up a 128 player server, with AI teams of what you mentioned, plus Turkey, GCC and Western forces coming in later, maybe add a little Russian, I think that would totally own all the COD, BF and CS game servers. Just the YT videos coming out of the game would be picked up by all the news media across world.

But that server would be crazy powerful to simulate all that. Probably a dual hex-core running 5 HC and the DS process just to keep the server from crashing. :D

Hey Miles I have an issue with some scopes in the mod. I get multiple scopes showing up here is a picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10uthfj6svj7w9i/arma2oa%202013-11-14%2015-33-58-42.jpg any way to fix it?

Woe! LOL! That's interesting. Hey you are getting two scopes for the price of one! J/k. Nah seriously, what weapon are you getting that bug on? I'll see if I can fix that on an update.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Hm, I'm getting a few CTDs using certain units with the mod plus ACE compatibility configs.

Dropping the squad marksman with helmet cover crashes with the only error in the RPT:

Warning Message: Bad vehicle type UO_IDF_Backpacks_IDF1BI

Dropping the PRC-117 operator with helmet cover:

Warning Message: Bad vehicle type UO_IDF_Backpacks_MATKALSATBI

Huh...strange. I'll check that out. Did it do that when you use the ACE demo mission that includes all the units? That's what I used to test out all the units and I never had that problem. You might want to make sure and double check that you overwrote the backpack config with the ACE version. But I'll double-check to see if I get the same errors.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Hi, what MAPS are recommended for this MOD?

Doesn't seem we have any Iraqi maps, unless I missed them somewhere.

Thanks!

I typically just use Zargabad (to simulate Gaza City), however the Iraqi Fallujah map is a bit closer to someplace like Syria. Sadly however we don't have any maps that resemble Lebanon or the Golan Heights. Lebanon terrain is an odd mix of Arab structures with Mediterranean terrain (lots of golden wheat fields, large hills, forests, and olive groves). I would LOVE IT if someone made one for ArmA2 as it would also work in ArmA3 without any conversion necessary.

I actually have some Hezbollah units that I was going to rework, but I may just release them as they are.

Replacing the files worked just fine. It seems to have only happened when using the mod and ACE files seperated as @LOBO_IDF and @LOBO_IDF_ACE on SixUpdater.

Replacing the files worked just fine. It seems to have only happened when using the mod and ACE files seperated as @LOBO_IDF and @LOBO_IDF_ACE on SixUpdater.

Ah... yeah that would definitely do it. Yeah I didn't even realize it had been put on sixupdater. LOL! But it's all good. :)

Thank you so much and congrats on the release. Wasn't able to play or get online for a few weeks and now I'm radomly reading through the forum and there it is :) Everything looks fine so far.

I actually have some Hezbollah units that I was going to rework, but I may just release them as they are.

I'd love to see these, im currently using different combinations of the Syrian civil war mod, Iranians, Checyans and this mod to nice effect... And just in general it would be nice to see some convincing radical islam groups say in the same vein as those Nursa Front groups who seem to like dressing in black.

תעזוב מצתי ×ת הבעיה it was because I had selected the ACE animated scopes everything is ok now. :DDD Also On the next Update could you add the Huge backpacks the IDF carries like this one : http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2012/05/F090113FF13.jpg

Edited by NatanBrody

תעזוב מצתי ×ת הבעיה it was because I had selected the ACE animated scopes everything is ok now. :DDD Also On the next Update could you add the Huge backpacks the IDF carries like this one : http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2012/05/F090113FF13.jpg

Well...those can be more or less simulated with the larger BI/ACE rucksacks so it wasn't a high priority, however if I can get some new addon makers to join the LoBo team, we may try doing this.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

I was working on the Hezbollah guys over the weekend...and (sigh).... they have some issues I had forgotten about (or that I had thought that I had fixed). The hands glow yellow...probably some weirdness with rvmats or due to the script to create Taliban faces conflicting with the Russian hands (from the BI template sample infantry model). So not sure what's going on there. The other issue is that they are very bulky and not the highest quality models. So a lot of people will complain. They also create quite a few .rpt errors as they are not optimized models. For the IDF I had a guy named "Contrails" from UO help me tremendously. But he's gone now in college and I have no idea how to optimize these units.

So... I may end up just trying to get the Egyptian stuff released that I worked on for UO (United Operations) as they are basically done. However they are only with ACE configs currently.

the hezbollah infantry u have miles they are not bulky at all the ones u released back in armed assault they wer 100% very accurate the helmets the clothes the pasgt vests they wer amazing and if people will complain let them complain or let them do the work to see how much time it take to make,miles try the russian faces it will work fine coz hezbollah are Lebanese and they do not have Taliban faces the faces on the Chechen rebels will work also on them and the takistani faces also coz we need them badly,i already made some hezbollah units from the takistani special brigade units but urs with the gear they have they are more accurate

the hezbollah infantry u have miles they are not bulky at all the ones u released back in armed assault they wer 100% very accurate the helmets the clothes the pasgt vests they wer amazing and if people will complain let them complain or let them do the work to see how much time it take to make,miles try the russian faces it will work fine coz hezbollah are Lebanese and they do not have Taliban faces the faces on the Chechen rebels will work also on them and the takistani faces also coz we need them badly,i already made some hezbollah units from the takistani special brigade units but urs with the gear they have they are more accurate

I'm going to redo the pack to make the file size MUCH smaller using hidden selections. The models will be the same, but they will use less individual models. In other words about two or three base models will be used instead with all the helmets, and equipment added as hidden selections. This will also make it easier to work on the hand bugs as I'll only have three models to work on instead of over a dozen different models. I've already started on the work.

I want only to report one thing with first release.

Merkava tanks have only 12,7mm coaxial machine gun mounted on exterior mount on the gun mantled, however they lack basic internal 7,62mm coaxial machine gun (FN MAG/M240).

I want only to report one thing with first release.

Merkava tanks have only 12,7mm coaxial machine gun mounted on exterior mount on the gun mantled, however they lack basic internal 7,62mm coaxial machine gun (FN MAG/M240).

Yeah, the reason for that was because I tried like crazy to get both working but ultimately could not get both working even after I got help from a lot of different addon makers. If anyone knows how to do this and could help me, I would be VERY happy to fix this. But until then I'm most likely not going to be able to fix it. I just figured that the M2 would be cooler and more useful to have than the typical 7.62 coax.

I'm having some issues with this mod, and with the Iraqi armed forces mod. Basically, the new models that you guys have in, for example the Mirage III, are causing my game to stutter, not massive stutter, but stutter that makes it relatively irritating to play. It's unfortunate, because this mod looks really good. Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm using ACE 2 by the way.

Edit: No longer an issue. Turning off V-sync in game and handling it externally fixed the issue.

Edited by TheFloatingCheese

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a long time folks. I'm working on an ISIS pack that should be released shortly. It will however be an ACE only pack. Also a full Egyptian pack is almost done and I plan on doing a Syrian Army pack.

The reason why I'm doing ACE only is just because its waaay too much of a headache to test out updates to both ACE and standard BI configs. Even with beta-testers it takes even longer to fix things. What I need is more experienced addon makers joining my mod so that projects can be divided, but so far nobody has been interested.

For those who don't know, this mod is the oldest surviving mod from the original OFP days back in 2001. Yup...we are over a decade old. The more addon makers I can get helping, the better the chances that this mod won't die and the more cool stuff we can crank out. I got loads of models that just need updating and config work done on them, but it just is frustrating not having the time to work on all that stuff.

Im looking forward to the new factions, especially ISIS and the Syrian Army, currently using the existing Syrian army and rebels mod quite a bit, hope you find some help with the mod, I never realize it's been going that long.

Is there already an existing Syrian Army mod out there? I tried looking for one but couldn't find one. If you have a link that would be great because if it's really good, I won't bother duplicating it. Either that or I'll just work with that mod maker to help improve his pack if he needs any help.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>