Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

One big reason why caves can't really exist is because the entire mountain would have to be an object, and it would be painfully obvious it doesn't match the terrain. There are exceptions, and its possible, but sometimes not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vilas View Post
    Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh, almighty w0lle, grant this pilgrim safe passage through the craggy mountain passes of modding, and let him not be crushed by a boulder. If he should need a helping hand, let him find help on the forum from gnat or some other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed_aust View Post
    will there be an embassy?
    You said it
    Most likely!

Master Gunnery Sergeant -Martin-'s Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    on a side note Martin -
    you said with hotel you would create the outer and inner shell right.
    so that being the case, there is no reason why caves cant be built for Arma2?
    Mmmm Hotel? You mean the hospital? Well terrain and objects are something different in ArmA 2, for the Hospital I will make an outer shell object which is hollow and for the inside me another shell which fits in to the hollow space thus completing the building.

(As Darkhorse 1-6 said) A cave would be possible to make using a giant object, but if and object is too big in the ArmA 2 engine it disappears if you look at it in a certain way not to mention the whole mountain would disappear like buildings if you look at it from from away not to mention that grass wouldn't work on the mountain and the terrain wouldn't match the ground. The only way to do this is to remove an actual face from the terrain model which nobody knows how to do right now.

will there be an embassy?
    There won't be because there already is an embassy and I will make some screenies today.

And about that secret, Martin, should I post a screen or slowly kill everybody with waiting?
    Nah, kill them Muhahahahaha, but wait, who will download the island? Ok, post them in the evening

Ok, here we go. No eastern European themed island would be complete without this piece of machinery. Can you guess what that is?

A tramway ?

Master Gunnery Sergeant -Martin-'s Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dlang View Post
    A tramway ?
    Nope It has rubber wheels

water bus? lol
    "Simulations aren't about the destination, they are about the way there." - Metalcraze

I can say it needs electricity to run

Not quite, but quite sufficient:

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20090414192111

Wonder how they'll work in A2

€dit:

This is more like it:

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20070516104010
    Last edited by Mr. Charles; Nov 6 2010 at 17:54.

Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast