Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

One big reason why caves can't really exist is because the entire mountain would have to be an object, and it would be painfully obvious it doesn't match the terrain. There are exceptions, and its possible, but sometimes not worth it.

on a side note Martin -

you said with hotel you would create the outer and inner shell right.

so that being the case, there is no reason why caves cant be built for Arma2?

Mmmm Hotel? You mean the hospital? Well terrain and objects are something different in ArmA 2, for the Hospital I will make an outer shell object which is hollow and for the inside me another shell which fits in to the hollow space thus completing the building.

(As Darkhorse 1-6 said) A cave would be possible to make using a giant object, but if and object is too big in the ArmA 2 engine it disappears if you look at it in a certain way not to mention the whole mountain would disappear like buildings if you look at it from from away not to mention that grass wouldn't work on the mountain and the terrain wouldn't match the ground. The only way to do this is to remove an actual face from the terrain model which nobody knows how to do right now.

will there be an embassy?

There won't be because there already is an embassy :biggrin: and I will make some screenies today.

And about that secret, Martin, should I post a screen or slowly kill everybody with waiting?

Nah, kill them Muhahahahaha, but wait, who will download the island? :sad: Ok, post them in the evening :tongue:

Ok, here we go. No eastern European themed island would be complete without this piece of machinery. Can you guess what that is?

2n6icz.jpg

futg6s.jpg

Hope you can make it work out alright :)

One thing to keep in mind though is to keep plenty of space to move around inside buildings, we all know that isnt one of ArmA 2's strongest points :p Moving sideways through a door is mostly impossible in most buildings, and hallways are usually small corridors making for some very awkward CQB movement.

Hi

This will help a lot, until BIS gets round to adressing this issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109628

For 3KB addon, the improvement in gameplay is wildly disproportionate :)

Ciao

Carl

(Patiently watching & waiting for this wonderful Island to be released)

Had to register to say that your island is looking superb. Glad to see the old grey OFP commieblocks back for ARMA 2. Chernarus seems to lack any Soviet style housing estates which seems strange given it has so much industry.

Man this is probably an island i am looking forward to, like for no other island ever.

Keep up the good work!

I already mentioned -long ago- in my team your project-and i m

keeping inform them about any progress made.

WE think it would be a perfect platform for Coop missions/

CQB training sessions/PvP and (my opinion)..

... *cough*"Infected" related scenarios*cough*

Please keep us informed. :)

Hello everyone,

I'm still alive and working on the island lol. I've been very busy these days getting everything working, here are some new screenshot's of Tavianas capital city, as you can see I implemented some trolleybus wires. Its kind of late right now so tomorrow I will post some more pictures. Enjoy!

tt1qv.th.jpg

tt2hl.th.jpg

I already mentioned -long ago- in my team your project-and i m

keeping inform them about any progress made.

Thanks man, if you visit www.ofpbase.co.nr you will see all the progress I make too, although sometimes update it a bit later then this thread.

I like the quality...the trolleybus look great !

This is a very good work !

Hi Guys, here are a few of the promised screen shots. I'm having a bit of technical trouble with the island so more pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Also the beta is nearing completion, I don't think it will be done this month unfortunately but next month for 100%.

taviana1.th.jpg

taviana2.th.jpg

said it before and ill say it again: this place is alive.

excellent stuff :)

said it before and ill say it again: this place is alive.

excellent stuff :)

+1

I m dying to explore this..