Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Great work! Missions are forming in my head already.... :D

wow it looks promising and i like the lore and the historical things thet you wrote i think you have got talent keep up the good work :)

Sasha, looks like there's some borsch in your borsch. Blargh. I dated a Russian girl for a bit, and she made me borsch. I nearly died from the smell.

The details are amazing, Martin. When you release your island, I plan on going on vacation there. :)

Abs

(no comments)

:eek:

Giorgy, regarding that PM you sent me, if I will use damage models or the default collapse effect for my buildings on Taviana. I just realised that I forgot to reply to you and I'm very sorry, I was very busy at that time and must have forgotten :sad:

Anyway I thought I'd post the answer here for everyone to see:

At the moment I won't be using any damage effect for custom buildings (they will be indestructible) but later on in the full version I will make damage models for them.

I just realized that I forgot to reply to you and

NP man..

At least now i know you have seen the PM :D

..but later on in the full version I will make damage models for them.

I wish you good luck man.

HUGE amount of work so far i can say..

Looks really nice, like the way the railway looks, lol'd at the lada showroom :D Looks nice, a mix of western and eastern cultures.

Not to be off topic, but the the so called mi-28/ka-50 mash up is actually an Mi-40 I think.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Ok, I think I'm wrong actually lol.

Not to be off topic, but the the so called mi-28/ka-50 mash up is actually an Mi-40 I think.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Ok, I think I'm wrong actually lol.

It's called the Mi-48 Kamian

My chin just met my feet. :eek:

This is unbelievable! Great work man, can't wait to play on this map!

I noticed when viewing the beta that while the city was plentiful, outlying areas were quite barren. Will you be developing those areas?

Thanks for your comments and support guys :smile:

Could you tell me about how big is this map going to be again?

The country consists of 2 islands:

The main island = 91km² (approximately)

Second island = 49km² (approximately)

Also, is this map AI friendly?

Well, I played some missions on Taviana, in the countryside and urban areas and I would say that it depends on the location you're on, the island is "AI friendly" just as Chernorus but there might be some parts in the capital city where AI struggles a bit on foot e.g. walking in the tunnel. I haven’t made AI paths in buildings yet but so far I haven’t had any major problems with AI.

I also tested AI driving in the city and it handles it quite well, better then on Chernorus from my experience.

But the island isn't perfect yet, that’s why I'm going to release this beta and then tune it based on your feedback. The more feedback I get, the better the final result will be :wink_o:

I noticed when viewing the beta that while the city was plentiful, outlying areas were quite barren. Will you be developing those areas?

Yep, that's what I'm working on right now, I've added a new village to the north of the capital city and I'm going to put 2 runways on the airport now so the beta will at least have a usable airport, later I'll make a custom terminal building and so on....

Awesome memorial to Planck, -Martin-.

Thanks good.gif

I'm sorry that I'm bombarding you with so many questions, but I just can't wait for this lol it looks like the best map by far put on arma. Most maps have predominant rural areas, while this map has both :). Anyways, those trains in those pictures, are they actually in the map, or just from that one RAC train mod or something like that?

I'm sorry that I'm bombarding you with so many questions, but I just can't wait for this lol it looks like the best map by far put on arma. Most maps have predominant rural areas, while this map has both :). Anyways, those trains in those pictures, are they actually in the map, or just from that one RAC train mod or something like that?

It' ok, questions are what this thread is for :wink_o:

The locomotives, carriages and freight wagons are all static objects on the island, meaning that every time you load the island they will be there, you don't need any add-ons etc...

But the trains are static so you can't drive them around for now (this might change in the full version but I can't promise it at this stage).

Great terrain !!

Awesome memorial to Planck, -Martin-. :)

Agree .... very nice.

I hope the runways for that one airport are as long and marge as they look in the picture you showed me.

Well, I thought that there won't be much to show on Taviana once I reach these final stages but it looks like there is always something to show on this island, so here we go again:

I added leaves to the sidewalks and roads to see how it will look, I find it quite nice but I need your help on this, should I keep the leaves or not?

xhn20z4bnkq9t926pib_thumb.jpg

It seems that AI post men had trouble finding where to deliver letters since OFP, so I decided to fix it by adding street names:

q7p58rvoacmdkdc4_thumb.jpg

A mail box:

zpb4oucn376vkbb96t0l_thumb.jpg

Here's something for art lovers, the Taviana National Gallery:

c0vxq5ik33e2y7tc6f8n_thumb.jpg

Something from the 60's:

brr1383182asi57s2g1_thumb.jpg

This is where all the AI that you shoot in your missions end up:

tq39dn3vzs2o8ow1xqxl_thumb.jpg

An army base, at the moment I only have 2 units for the Taviana army, a sergeant and sniper:

x0qdy6uqeb16vad6y8dp_thumb.jpg

A ticket machine for public transport, make sure you use it, I don't want to catch you riding for free:

oposfw1ezh7ksi3rxle_thumb.jpg

I lived in Canada as a kid and one of the things that I really loved and still love in my native Czech Republic including pancakes and maple syrup is ice hockey!

c842rky9id45av186hj_thumb.jpg

I'm sure that most people on Taviana will agree with me that hockey is the best sport:

n8noknodm3niiip6a8e_thumb.jpg

If you've never been to a hospital in Eastern Europe count yourself lucky, most people die from fear in there. But the ones on Taviana are much friendlier.

zshuo1g5qry0lokwzm1_thumb.jpg

The morgue:

8shi2psr5ulww1o4fsl5_thumb.jpg

This one is a bit graphic, it’s the place where they see why someone died (I don't know the English word for it), but you can use it as an operating theatre in ArmA too:

24wmbllsdshq8peo8rv_thumb.jpg

The national bank of Taviana:

a6oubey86hptta0nusv_thumb.jpg

The capital from the air:

aca01qy6cbo0ds5qrjn_thumb.jpg

Edited by -Martin-

5lkon5yfgj6rnhlonwkl_thumb.jpg

A map of the capital:

qawft3s1qtsuz0y9l8_thumb.jpg

Progress:

Right now I have to finish about 4 models of buildings for the capital city and a few road signs then I have to delete a few trees from the forests and finish 2 villages before I release the beta.

This is the progress I made with the capital (Red is finished- note this map is a few months old but there red areas have been finished since then) :

h67fk6fa5ah5n3oas4vm_thumb.jpg

Progress with the island:

92tdz862i9335zldyde8_thumb.jpg

Edited by -Martin-

You're insane. (and you know - I hope - that I mean the positive here)

Ever thought of cloning yourself? With an army of you-like crazy people we would have the real world recreated in no-time :)

On a serious note:

Much applause; each screen is a welcomed sight as it shows stuff that (in my opinion) should be in the game from day one. Keep it up good sire

Edited by topas

Stunning work mate!

One question: if building gets destroyed do address plates and mailboxes float?