Sign in to follow this  
Bergil

Arma2 + OA installation issues!

Hello!

Currently installing ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead having previously installed ARMA 2. Both copies are on DVD.

Installing to Program files x86 on Windows Vista 64

The following error messages continue to appear during installation:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA II DVD

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.06...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD.#DEFAULT cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.06 has been applied successfully.

Although the game works I can't seem to access multiplayer matches.

Could someone please explain to me what can I do to stop these error messages popping up?:confused:

Really enjoyed Operation Flashpoint all those years ago! Was hoping to enjoy a bit of this one :bounce3:

Bear in mind I'm a bit simple and don't understand technical jargon!:j:

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Ah, I downloaded patch 1.52 which also updates to 1.7

Still had error messages but the game runs even in multiplayer! Now i just need to know how I can stop being kicked from games.

Game doesnt really work properly, notably placing vehicles in the editor and such...

I take it no one can help? Well... Thanks I guess.:(

Hi Bergil,

I know this may be abit long winded but I had some similar problems to you. If you check this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105541

you might find part of this answers your question.

I ended up doing a full install of both games following Wolle's instructions and I also deleted all of the addons and missions I have downloaded over the past year so I had a clean install. I will reinstall the addons in time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Urbanski