Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz - WIP

Staff Sergeant
    C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
    I d,loaded the test mission and it all runs great.
    Excellent work getting this whole package together.

A couple of suggestions-

Could the ui appear futher from the landing point?
    Have this setup thru lights attached to an object on deck?Or even scripted into a specific Navy aircraft/addon?

I had some sounds for the Dasquade Nimitz a lil while ago that were for the catapult and the Trap.They worked very well ,they added atmosphere.I can dig up the files and send em over to ya if ya like?

Thanks for the mission,Very cool way of practising Carrier Landing.

Can we expect a detail level like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRdcQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHZz...eature=related

- working crew, planes on deck
    - landing and starting NPC's (scripts)
    - a simple large ocean map

Tino
    Last edited by TBuck; Aug 16 2010 at 23:04.
    Q9400 @3,2 - GA-EP45 DS3L - 4GB @1066 - GTX 260/216 258.96 - Seagate Spinpoint F1 - Vista 64 SP2

Author of the Thread
    @Steve Yea I been meaning to but havent bothered searching for sounds yet. I'll def take a listen and maybe put them in if they work. Also, the IFLOLS will be modeled on the ship as well... don't know if I can script the lights tho, and even if I could, they aren't as powerful/designed like the real light cells in the thing, you wouldn't be able to distinguish it until very close probably.

@TBuck I'm just making this in hopes of opening doors of possibility and fun for others. Stuff like crew and planes on deck will be dependent on the mission designers. I do plan to have example missions included with it that will serve as a "get to know this addon" mission, but no crew or planes will automatically spawn on it as part of the addon.

There will be reskins for the various types of crew members aboard the Nimitz, but putting on a bunch of planes like that will be tough unless someone makes an F18 that is able to fold its wings in, which I'm hoping will happen. However, a script is already in place to allow mission-makers to quickly place planes/objects at pre-determined spots on the carrier (without having to fiddle with setPos until its correct).

I've never installed/started Visitor 3, so you won't be getting a map from me. I'm pretty sure there is already a map that's nothing but water.
    Last edited by JDog; Aug 17 2010 at 09:00.

Author of the Thread
    I have a new project with a deadline so unfortunately I'll have less time to spend working on this for the next week or so... but so you guys know where a few things stand:

I broke down and decided it would be dumb to only have the forward half of the hangar bay available. So, having opened it up and extended it/refined the stern interior, this:

Also, arrestor system now works, as well as the IFLOLs. Catapults too, they just aren't "built-in" yet. The catapults are especially nice, quite accurate. Your front tire will stay in the middle of the line all the way down no matter which line you're on The animations for the JBDs and elevators also work but aren't built-in yet either. Aside from tying in those things, only other immediate thing on the list is updating the geometry for the new & improved hangar bay. Then starts work on all the fun little details!

PS. Doesn't necessarily have to do with the carrier but if you wanna see somethin cool lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j101RnLidbQ

Im gonna need a new pair of pants tyvm!! that's just amazing work. I wish you luck on your new project and I hope you find lots of time to work on this.

Simply amazing.

@JDog: Check your PMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vilas View Post
    Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh, almighty w0lle, grant this pilgrim safe passage through the craggy mountain passes of modding, and let him not be crushed by a boulder. If he should need a helping hand, let him find help on the forum from gnat or some other person.

Author of the Thread
    Added the last 2 staircases needed. Might not be able to make it out too well but here's the finished stern interior.

Now all the hangar bay/stern needs is some lovin from HGTV.

Disclaimer: The interior of this vessel is entirely made up as I've never been inside a carrier, just on the deck :P

hahaha amazing, I can't comment on how accurate the interior is either, I've only see it in pics :P. Good progress update, just beautiful.

My god that's going to be amazing. If it works correctly in the end, I can even see using it for Deathmatch games, or BF2 style "AAS" matches advancing from room to room, or duking it out across the hangar bay. Simply fantastic.

Whoah. Awesome.
    Only thought, make sure corridors are wide enough for players to "swing around" ingame, as ArmA's collision detection tends to dislike small areas and long guns.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast