Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

Added the last 2 staircases needed. Might not be able to make it out too well but here's the finished stern interior.

Capture.jpg

Now all the hangar bay/stern needs is some lovin from HGTV.

Disclaimer: The interior of this vessel is entirely made up as I've never been inside a carrier, just on the deck :P

hahaha amazing, I can't comment on how accurate the interior is either, I've only see it in pics :P. Good progress update, just beautiful.

My god that's going to be amazing. If it works correctly in the end, I can even see using it for Deathmatch games, or BF2 style "AAS" matches advancing from room to room, or duking it out across the hangar bay. Simply fantastic.

Whoah. Awesome.

Only thought, make sure corridors are wide enough for players to "swing around" ingame, as ArmA's collision detection tends to dislike small areas and long guns.

Woah that is a serious interior..... Can you get to the bridge... Any chance of a cammanders office too? So we can do the

... I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here, I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I'm gonna send you up against the best. You two characters are going to Top Gun.

Edited by wolfbite

That looks great JDog. I can't wait to hold some briefings in the hangar before the Marines head out on a mission. Perhaps some RACS Marines will be aboard too.

:)

@Darkhorse Yea, just load the hangar bay with static locked planes and bunches of large objects haha. Crazy deathmatch.

@Gnat Yea I discovered that during my first attempts at making interiors haha, when I first asked about geo lods. I'll def make it wide enough to swing around... however some places might not be able to fit 2 people at once lol but I'll try.

@Wolfebit No bridge yet. I need to test out the stern in-game and see if it's even to scale enough to be feasible to make a bridge interior, though if I do I already have some plans function-wise for it.

@Mack Regarding briefings I got somethin special planned I'm hoping mission-makers will like if it works ;-)

@Darkhorse Yea, just load the hangar bay with static locked planes and bunches of large objects haha. Crazy deathmatch.

@Gnat Yea I discovered that during my first attempts at making interiors haha, when I first asked about geo lods. I'll def make it wide enough to swing around... however some places might not be able to fit 2 people at once lol but I'll try.

@Wolfebit No bridge yet. I need to test out the stern in-game and see if it's even to scale enough to be feasible to make a bridge interior, though if I do I already have some plans function-wise for it.

@Mack Regarding briefings I got somethin special planned I'm hoping mission-makers will like if it works ;-)

Sweet!

That looks great JDog. I can't wait to hold some briefings in the hangar before the Marines head out on a mission. Perhaps some RACS Marines will be aboard too.

:)

You can bet your ass we will. You may even see some RSN or RSM Etendards there, and there will definitely be some RSM F/A-18s.

:yay:

You can bet your ass we will. You may even see some RSN or RSM Etendards there, and there will definitely be some RSM F/A-18s.

:yay:

Awesome!!!

Managed to get some done today with the hangar bay. Got the other LODs for it done so it's walkable and stuff. Don't think I have to say it isn't textured yet lol...

arma22010-08-2123-10-41-77.jpg

arma22010-08-2123-11-49-27.jpg

I'm thinking it shouldn't be as hugely open as it is leading towards the back but I'm not going to play with it anymore til everything else is done.

Anyone want to help out by modeling some props and work on interior decoration? :D

Managed to get some done today with the hangar bay. Got the other LODs for it done so it's walkable and stuff. Don't think I have to say it isn't textured yet lol...

arma22010-08-2123-10-41-77.jpg

arma22010-08-2123-11-49-27.jpg

I'm thinking it shouldn't be as hugely open as it is leading towards the back but I'm not going to play with it anymore til everything else is done.

Anyone want to help out by modeling some props and work on interior decoration? :D

You can use my toolbox if you want :D haha. I might be able to make something for you though if you tell me what you need?

Edited by konyo

This might be a little different request in the process of things, but how hard would it be in the texturing to do all 3 of the Flight I Nimitz carriers, such as the Eisenhower and Carl Vinson, as well as the Nimitz? All 3 were of the same overall fit, and it wasnt until the Theodore Roosevelt was commissioned that the "upgraded" Nimitz came about.

Just a thought. Irregardless...I am happy as can be to see the Nimitz finally come to Arma2/OA.

You sir are a damned hero. I can't wait to use this and have some Super Hornets or F-35Cs to fly off of it.

Konyo, yea I don't know what all will be in there. Not much though.

Laqueesha, NWU?

Whistlepig, not hard at all, all I'd have to do is probably change the number lol. The (single most unfortunate) thing is, the way its being coded to work right now, I don't think things like the arrestor, catapults, and animations might work properly with more than 1 on the map. I'll try to get that straightened out eventually.

Konyo, yea I don't know what all will be in there. Not much though.

Ok no worries, well if you need anything built just let me know.

Of course once this is out we need a vast map with tonnes of ocean to use it in. I'd make one if only I could get the damn binarize process to work properly!

Seriously this looks epic, what's the eta?

Yea a huge map with nothing but ocean, american & russian carriers for dogfighting, some fleet defense missions, be fun. And eta... haven't decided yet :D Either I get the basics/important stuff working and release it, followed a while later by a good detail and function overhaul, or I just wait til every bit is done and then release it. Could be a while for the latter so might just get the basics done and let people play with it, idk. Aside from the F14 there aren't really many planes to accompany it right now anyway. I'd really like to see some Hawkeyes made.

I 2nd that, A hawkeye would be awesome, so would a prowler a super hornet and my list goes on :P ohh to have all the skills honed i would be make them, but not be :<

There is a hawkeye for OFP, but I imported it to Arma 2 for my own use and the model looks too outdated

A map like the OFP world for the Nimitz would be a good option. A map for sea battles can be done in les than 10 minutes. If you want I can do something very quickly

It is just a matter of putting in visitor 3 a map made only of water. Very easy!!!!

I'm pretty sure the only difference you would see with different Carriers would be the "68-67-69" numbers on the deck and the structure.

Besides, then our custom Navy guys wouldn't have the right vests :P