Sign in to follow this  
acoustic

Problems with Avgani!

Before I even start it I get a , this requires CA plants. Then when I click on it in the editor , it CTDs. Although I have all these problems, Baghdad still works?

Ok Acoustic, there is one thing ya need to understand. Baghdad is an ARMA II island, built for ARMA II and generally compatible with OA I would assume, considering it's pretty much the same game. That's why it works.

Avgani was made for ARMA (aka Armed Assault/aka ArmA 1) and is not compatible with ArmA 2 without CAA1, which is somewhere around 2Gigs of data last time I checked. I am not sure that CAA1 will work with OA, and since I assume your using OA only, Avgani will probably not work.

You need to make sure you only look in the ARMA II or OA download sections for addons. 80-90% of ArmA/ArmA1 addons are not compatible without manually editing the addon. If you use ArmAholic, this should be simple. It's as simple on armedassault.info, you just lcick on the ArmA II button near the top and it will autofilter.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Ok Acoustic, there is one thing ya need to understand. Baghdad is an ARMA II island, built for ARMA II and generally compatible with OA I would assume, considering it's pretty much the same game. That's why it works.

Avgani was made for ARMA (aka Armed Assault/aka ArmA 1) and is not compatible with ArmA 2 without CAA1, which is somewhere around 2Gigs of data last time I checked. I am not sure that CAA1 will work with OA, and since I assume your using OA only, Avgani will probably not work.

You need to make sure you only look in the ARMA II or OA download sections for addons. 80-90% of ArmA/ArmA1 addons are not compatible without manually editing the addon. If you use ArmAholic, this should be simple. It's as simple on armedassault.info, you just lcick on the ArmA II button near the top and it will autofilter.

I figured it out :P. I do have Arma 2 and it works fine. All you need is the CAA1 Objects to get avgani to work. Thanks tho!