Sign in to follow this  
Exigo

Thermal imaging not working properly at night

Hi, i've tried searching for similar threads about this but haven't been able to find any so ill post my problem.

I toyed round with the editor creating a night mission with armor. When i got ingame to test it i realised when i switched to thermal white hot i couldnt see a damn thing. The sights where pitch black(or greyish black) and enemy armor was not glowing white even tho they where firing at me. So i switched to black hot and the screen turned white, completly white. Tried with a different map as i was in the desert first go but woodland produces same result.

Now i have used Thermal imaging and flirs in RL and i know the system in OA isnt very real but i recall being able to use my thermal commander sight on the CV90 at night in both white hot and black hot.

Any tips on whats wrong or this is just how the game will handle thermal at night?

/bump

Am i the only one with this problem?

What happens if you play an official mission with TWS, like the sniper in single player, think its called "one shot one kill" ?

Graphics card ? Driver version ??

Bit of real info could be helpful

Well when i play the campaign there are no problems.

I did some research. If i create a night mission during the winter months the Thermal dont work. But during the summer months it works like normal.

Also im running on a Nvidia GTX280 with latest official drivers installed.

Well when i play the campaign there are no problems.

I did some research. If i create a night mission during the winter months the Thermal dont work. But during the summer months it works like normal.

Also im running on a Nvidia GTX280 with latest official drivers installed.

I can confirm that I can reproduce this.

I tested with various objects and vehicles and the surrounding environment remains invisible (contrast seems to have hit the roof) but alive objects (humans and animals) show up.

This is only a problem during the winter months.

My Dear friends...this is a feature not a bug.

IT IS COLD in winter and cold terrain and cold objects dont not show up very well on TI (THERMAL imaging)

TI is no allround wonder...is has limitations...and here we go...!!!

Isn't it amazing that BI did integrate this?

Tell me tha name of any other Sim that does this.