Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Battleye Failed to update.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimmy View Post
    HI.............I had the same prob and even creating the folder and putting in the dll files didnt work. The only way I got it to work was to uninstal arma2 and OA, then clean the registry with CCleaner (google it), then reinstall arma2 patch it then install OA apply patch for OA then install battleye with the installer. I got my battleye installer from the 1.05 patch. I opened up the patch exe with winrar and got the battleye installer that way.
    Believe me, it works that way. You did something wrong somewhere.

  2. #22
    Private First Class
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2008
    Posts
    16
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by $able View Post
    Believe me, it works that way. You did something wrong somewhere.
    Hehe...................what can go wrong in creating a folder then naming it (correctly)then dropping in 2 .dll files?

    And where is the installer that is missing from your site that you said you would put on? I still cant find it. People will need you to put up an easy installer not have to do what I have done and extract it from a patch.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimmy View Post
    Hehe...................what can go wrong in creating a folder then naming it (correctly)then dropping in 2 .dll files?

    And where is the installer that is missing from your site that you said you would put on? I still cant find it. People will need you to put up an easy installer not have to do what I have done and extract it from a patch.
    I don't know what went wrong in your case. I have seen cases of people naming the folder "BattleEye" or downloading the wrong files (e.g. for OA instead of ArmA 2). Fact is, the installer does nothing else. It only places the files in that folder, nothing more.

    And I never said I was going to put up an installer. I don't see the need for it if all you have to do is download a file and put it into a folder. You still would have to download an installer yourself after all, so it's not that much more work. Also, I would have to update it each time a new BE version was released to accommodate those getting "Failed to update" kicks. This really is too much redundant work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •