Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Uses WarfareBE v2.030 as a base

Info

Gossamer's warfare is a variant of Warfare BE (Built from Version 2.030, then custom built since). It has been in development for almost a year now (was developed under another name previously). People might just ask, why would I want to play Gossamer's Warfare when Warfare BE is out. Well, it all depends on your tastes. Warfare BE has some very good features, but Gossamer's Warfare has good features of its own. I'll leave it up to the player to chose which one they want to play.

Requirements

- Dedicated Server (I do not support issues that are found on non-dedicated servers) (Unofficially works on a Listen Server)

- Combined Operations (Uses ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead Content)

- Patch 1.60+

Team

Project Lead

- GossamerSolid

Developers

- GossamerSolid (Scripting, Map Laout)

- BigMorgan (Map Layout)

- Xeno426 (Mando Implementation on old versions)

Translations

- GossamerSolid [English]

- M.O.R, WillaChilla, Ilumzar [Deutsch]

- Rubberkite [italian]

Big Thanks to

- All of the Testers (Too many to list)

- Mando for Mandoble Missile Mod

- TheGameWardens.net community (http://thegamewardens.net)

- The TV2 Community (http://battle.no)

- The Riot Community (http://JoinTheRiot.org)

- BIS for ArmA II

- Benny for Warfare BE (Provided a great base warfare to start on)

- Xeno (from Domination) for allowing me to use his excellent Networking system + helping me implement it!

- CptDavo for Flare Sounds

- All the island makers of the custom islands we use

Downloads

None right now

Official Bug Tracker/Feature Request

Report an Issue/Request a Feature

Full Changelog (Check "Show Completed Versions" on the sidebar)

F.A.Qs

There is a tutorial being written by a 3rd party right now.

Edited by GossamerSolid

Sorry about the link guys, try it again.

@THEBLITZ6794: Multiplayer

Trying this now - as commander, how do I issue team orders (change behaviours, buy types etc.)?

Also, I can't see any friendly AI squads anywhere (I have built barracks and LF)? DO they spawn later?

Cheers

Edited by Mandrake5

Trying this now - as commander, how do I issue team orders (change behaviours, buy types etc.)?

Also, I can't see any friendly AI squads anywhere (I have built barracks and LF)? DO they spawn later?

Cheers

There's no AI, it's specifically geared towards a more PvP experience.

- No AI Commander

- No AI Team Leaders

The only AI you will see:

- In towns as defending forces

- Bought for your squad

sorry for not mentioning that in the first post.

Thanks, enjoying the mission so far.

Just one problem - I wanted to build a 2nd base at the airfield, but when I drove the MHQ there, the Construction menu was gone so I couldnt deploy it. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Thanks, enjoying the mission so far.

Just one problem - I wanted to build a 2nd base at the airfield, but when I drove the MHQ there, the Construction menu was gone so I couldnt deploy it. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Your construction menu will not appear if you are within 200m of a depot. Simply back up or move to another area and you will be able to build again.

I can't for the love of god figure how to build aircraft factory. Supplies 30k, airfield occupied, all upgrades maxed and it's still grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

This is Warfare BE stripped of all AI team coding. Honestly if you're playing this alone it's probably not going to be as enjoyable.

What we have accomplished is to streamline the mission to a state that it provides a very enjoyable experience in multiplayer and we've paid a lot of attention to reducing "warping" as much as possible.

If you're enjoying it come join us on our server, I'm online most days (under the same username as here). Just filter TGW in the server browser.

I can't for the love of god figure how to build aircraft factory. Supplies 30k, airfield occupied, all upgrades maxed and it's still grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Will add it in first post.

There's a minimum amount of towns you have to own in order to be able to build an airfactory.

Chernarus = 10

Takistan = 10

Zargabad = 3

Thank you! Looks like it's the best implementation of warfare I have seen so far. Great job! I wish my ping to your server was a bit lower.

Thank you! Looks like it's the best implementation of warfare I have seen so far. Great job! I wish my ping to your server was a bit lower.

Thanks man, the server is located in Chicago, USA.

There's no AI, it's specifically geared towards a more PvP experience.

- No AI Commander

- No AI Team Leaders

The only AI you will see:

- In towns as defending forces

- Bought for your squad

sorry for not mentioning that in the first post.

I like this simply because it will decrease server load.

Can we get some more parameters added? Namely;

• Starting cash/supply.
  • Auto kick team swapper (if it's not standard).
  • Amount of AI resistance & occupation per town.
  • Empty vehicle lifespan.
  • Auto-manned defences (if it's not standard).

That's all off the top of my head.

Oh and love that it uses Mando :D

Edited by Trauma.au

I like this simply because it will decrease server load.

Can we get some more parameters added? Namely;

• Starting cash/supply.
  • Auto kick team swapper (if it's not standard).
  • Amount of AI resistance & occupation per town.
  • Empty vehicle lifespan.
  • Auto-manned defences (if it's not standard).

That's all off the top of my head.

Oh and love that it uses Mando :D

Yeah I think it's a very nice version of WF, but agree that more parameters (as above) would be an improvement.

Thanks again for your hard work :cool:

Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.

- Auto Kicking Team Swappers and Auto-manned defenses are on by default.

I originally didn't want to make parameters because it can potentially introduce balancing issues or some other kind of issue that I wouldn't be able to forsee.

I can definetly look into those other parameters you suggested, but I tend to stay away from params.

Version 2.05 will be released today (You can check the changelog by using the link on the first post).

Played it some more, noticed that all units face to the north regardless of factory orientation, this used to happen in Warfare BE but was fixed so they face outward from the factory.

Also it's rather annoying to have to fish for the correct ammo type in the small lists, only showing the appropriate ammo for the selected weapons would be nice.

Also due to the poor scoring system in Arma I'm finding that I am not getting credit for tank kills using the SMAW/MAAWS. At $500 per round it can be a bit annoying to not get cash for the kill, even the T-34 which explodes seconds after impact does not pay up, the Jav however does well.

Edited by Trauma.au

Played it some more, noticed that all units face to the north regardless of factory orientation, this used to happen in Warfare BE but was fixed so they face outward from the factory.

I will look into fixing this for 2.06

Also it's rather annoying to have to fish for the correct ammo type in the small lists, only showing the appropriate ammo for the selected weapons would be nice.

This will eventually get fixed, but you just have to be patient for now :)

Also due to the poor scoring system in Arma I'm finding that I am not getting credit for tank kills using the SMAW/MAAWS. At $500 per round it can be a bit annoying to not get cash for the kill, even the T-34 which explodes seconds after impact does not pay up, the Jav however does well.

I'm not sure if I can do anything about this. Will investigate further though.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Version 2.05 Released!

[Version 2.05] Official Mirror - http://thegamewardens.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=66

Gossamer's Warfare - 2.05 (Released 2010-08-09)

===============================================

- 0000213: [Other] Update Commander Center Localizations (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000211: [balance] Give Guerillas NAPA T-72 (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000209: [bug] UH-1H and AN-2 cannot attach vehicles (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000207: [bug] Support Menu error: Rearm,Repair,Refuel on Civilian Vehicle (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000206: [bug] Mando kills not reporting bounties (HOTFIXED into 2.04) (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000210: [Feature] Client and Server FPS monitor (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000205: [bug] Support Menu error: No Units close to supply source (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000199: [bug] UH-1H has "commander" that spawns outside vehicle (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000195: [Feature] When an Asset is called in, Teammates should be alerted. (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000194: [balance] Remove Two Modern Sa58 Variants from Opfor (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000192: [bug] CZ Landrover w/Guns should have 3 crew slots (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000214: [bug] Blank entries in Equipment section of Loadouts Menu (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

[12 issues]

I'm at work till 9:00PM EST, I'll be back at that time to address any further concerns/suggestions/etc

Highly recommend using the BTR90 HQ for east, the tracked vehicles have a massive mobility disadvantage on Takistan.

Vodnik MG is missing a gunner (commander slot). Also a repair truck para drop would be nice.

Edited by Trauma.au

Highly recommend using the BTR90 HQ for east, the tracked vehicles have a massive mobility disadvantage on Takistan.

Do they really? I find the BMP2 a bit stronger than the Stryker HQ and since asymetrical balance brings fun, I'd take strength over speed.

Vodnik MG is missing a gunner (commander slot).

Noted.

Also a repair truck para drop would be nice.

Way ahead of you, check the bugtracker (this has been on there for a week):

0000182: [Feature] Commander Asset: Drop Repair Truck (GossamerSolid) - assigned.

Where is this bug tracker? Devheaven?

I made a server to play with east for a bit last night, started on a hill on the outskirt of the map..... took me AGES to get inland for a good build area, Stryker CV would have been there 10x faster. I know for a fact that it only takes 1 MAAWS HEAT rocket to kill the BMP HQ (undeployed), it's not that strong.

I'm also unable to start the mission on Chern, with either 2.04 or 2.05. It take for ever to load and when it does it hangs on the player slot screen saying wait for host. I have to kill the server & game manually at this point. I am using the new dedi server launcher tool atm and am going to try the mission with a manually server set up. I tried to run it by creating a game out of the browser, it did load but like Warfare BE it was broken using this method. Takistan works fine.

Edit: Same result with manually created server.

Edited by Trauma.au

Where is this bug tracker? Devheaven?

Check the first post, it's not at Devheaven, it's hosted by The Game Wardens.

I made a server to play with east for a bit last night, started on a hill on the outskirt of the map..... took me AGES to get inland for a good build area, Stryker CV would have been there 10x faster. I know for a fact that it only takes 1 MAAWS HEAT rocket to kill the BMP HQ (undeployed), it's not that strong.

Then I'll think about making it BTR-90 (HQ) again

I'm also unable to start the mission on Chern, with either 2.04 or 2.05. It take for ever to load and when it does it hangs on the player slot screen saying wait for host. I have to kill the server & game manually at this point. I am using the new dedi server launcher tool atm and am going to try the mission with a manually server set up. I tried to run it by creating a game out of the browser, it did load but like Warfare BE it was broken using this method. Takistan works fine.

try without the server tool if Warfare BE Chernarus isn't working either. Sounds like the server tool isn't loading something correctly.

try without the server tool if Warfare BE Chernarus isn't working either. Sounds like the server tool isn't loading something correctly.

Same result with manually created server.

Same result with manually created server.

Does you server have ArmA 2 content on it? Specifically Chernarus? I will test on my server later tonight to confirm if it works or not.