Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixente View Post
    How do i increment the chances of getting bonus air vehicles? Like, say A-10, AH-1Z, AH-64D, for example.
    Ah now, this is a tricky one.

In i_common, there's two array and they hold the classnames of the vehicles that you are given for prizes. The two arrays are called (for side mission and main mission respectively);

d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array and d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array

The problem is that when you win a side or main mission, the game chooses, at random, 1 vehicle from the appropriate array. So, there's an equal chance of getting any of the vehicles from that array. What you can do to increase the chance of getting a particular vehicle is to put it in the array twice.

So, here's the basic side mission bonus array from my game;

Code:
    ["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M6_EP1","UH60M_EP1"]
    So theres a 1 in 8 chance of getting a Tusk, but if you wanted to increase the chance of getting Tusks, you could put the Tusk classname in there twice;

Code:
    ["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M6_EP1","UH60M_EP1"]
    So, now there's a 2 in 9 (or nearly 1 in 4) chance of getting a Tusk.

Hope this helps,

Tanky -Paul-
    Documentation is not a dirty word.
    : TeamSPAFF : PRACS : RKSL : Stella Artois : Creme Eggs : GITS :

Making working streetside IEDs since 2011.

I don't think that will work since it is randomly decided whether your bonus should be an AIR vehicle or not.. Instead you might wanna change the number _airval in server_x\x_getbonus.sqf. Eg. setting it to 60 will mean you have 40% change to get an airplane.

Author of the Thread
    Oh I see, he wants to increase the chances of getting air vehicles, rather than a particular vehicle.
    I've not looked at that getbonus.sqf file, that's good find. I didn't realise the method of selecting the vehicle isn't totally random any more. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I'm going to add another piece of software Domeditors might consider.
    SBSMAC has written a file checker called Squint. It's very much a work in progress and is not fully featured yet but in short, it can check your files for errors such as mismatched brackets and braces, and also suggest good coding practice.
    Just drop a sqf, or even an entire mission folder into it's file pane and it will check the files for all kinds of errors.

Xeno adjusted that already since version 2.24 (i believe)
    What version are you using?
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge.
    It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle.
    The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty.
    Duty is the essence of manhood.
    --George S. Patton--

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by RT. Green Label View Post
    Xeno adjusted that already since version 2.24 (i believe)
    What version are you using?
    Me? 2.28. What point are you replying to?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I would appreciate some clarification on something from the guys...

I realise that the #defines are sometimes not exclusive. For example, if possible to have both #ifdef __TT__ and #ifdef __wounds__ true at the same time, but something is bugging me. Are any of them exclusive? Can we get into an fatal condition by having a bad combination of defines?

So, let me ask this. __OA__ isn't really about Arrowhead is it? I mean, if I edit my TT version and add in ArmA2 units, __OA__ is still true isn't it? I think __OA__ is more about __Takistan__ than about Arrowhead.

What becomes true (defined) or not is up to you. x_setup.sqf has some pretty strict rules on what to combine or not. I know I tried some "funny stuff" a long time ago that would end in a crash. I believe the __OA__ define for Xeno is that it is based only on Operation Arrowhead content; no Chernarus land or Arma2 units in use. If you want to make a new version, maybe the safest thing would be to define a new one, i.e. __CO__ for "Combined Operations". Will give a hefty workload though, and a nightmare to keep updated. With Arma2 content lacking so badly, I don't see why you would want to though.
    Regards
    Carl Gustaffa - left this game due becoming Steam Exclusive

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGustaffa View Post
    I believe the __OA__ define for Xeno is that it is based only on Operation Arrowhead content; .
    Yes, but that doesn't preclude me from leaving __OA__ defined and adding ArmA2 units? Will something bad happen?

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGustaffa View Post
    maybe the safest thing would be to define a new one, i.e. __CO__ for "Combined Operations". Will give a hefty workload though, and a nightmare to keep updated. .
    Which is why I won't do it. It's far too much hard work.

My plan is to have ArmA2 Russians as the (TT) North base and US Army (with some USMC) as the south base. The AI will be Takistanis. That's why I need ArmA2 content.

After a weekend in which I spent almost as much time editing DomiOA! as playing it I've fixed a few more bugs in v2.28:

Choppers not respawning when abandoned intact despite setting times in init.sqf:
    Spoiler:

Engineers unable to build a FARP after first death:
    Spoiler:

Fix for network messages for FARP, MASH and MG nest marker removal:
    Spoiler:

That's about it for now, I'll be back if I find any more...

Previous bug fixes for DomiOA! 2.28
    Last edited by {SAS}Nutta; Aug 8 2010 at 18:55. Reason: Forgot to say it was abandoned not wrecked choppers...

Me? 2.28. What point are you replying to?
    Sry Tank, i was refering to the chances of getting an aircraft, nvm.

I am since today running an ACE domi AI 2.28 version on my server,
    but the airdrop doesn't seem to work.
    I tried every airdrop but the when the planes flies over, he droppes nothing.

Any advice on how to solve this?
    i compared the x_createdrop.sqf of an ace and non-ace 2.28 version and they show no difference.

Regards

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Was the Domination Dev Heaven space taken down? I saw Xeno was thinking about retiring from Domination Are we staying at 2.28?

Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast