Sign in to follow this  
Arska134

Dedicated server invalid texture aspect ratio.

So i made Dedicated server and when we trying to start game we got problem. First comes "Receiving data..." and suddenly i hear windows error sound. I alt+tab and i see Dedicated server has been closed and there is window where is "Invalid texture aspect ratio"

We are using FFur 2007 and OFP Dedicated Server v1.96 (Windows)

Some addons use weird texture aspect ratios like 1024x64 and something silly like that. These cause the game to crash on some video cards/OS. You just have to find what addon it is (ded server output should tell you the exact texture file name) and then fix the problem.

FFUR is not designed multiplayer compatible AFAIK.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I got a similar problem.

Using Y2K3-mod I always got the message: "Invalid texture aspect ratio (512x32)". Here it is said that INQ_HTTV.pbo causes the problem, but I failed to unpack and fix it. On another forum I read that Inquisitor (INQ) added some kind of encryption to his .pbo-files, so this is a dead end for me. Another way could be to exclude the HTTV-addon from the mod-config, where it is initialized to replace the BIS jeep w. machine gun. I also like the BIS Jeep more since it fit's into more of the scerarios I am developing in the editor.

class JeepMG : Jeep
{
	displayName="$STR_DN_JEEP_MG";
	model="\INQ_HTTV\INQ_HTTV_WOOD";
	picture="\INQ_HTTV\httv-pic.paa";
	ejectDeadGunner="false";
	maxSpeed=140;
	terrainCoef=1.1;
	turnCoef=2.5;
	gunnerAction="ManActJeepGunner";
	hasGunner=1;
	armorWheels=4.120000;
	armor=40;
	castGunnerShadow=1;
	ejectDeadGunner=1;
	castDriverShadow=1;
	driverIsCommander=1;
	scope=2;
	weapons[]={"INQ_M113_M2"};
	magazines[]={"INQ_M113_M2","INQ_M113_M2","INQ_M113_M2","INQ_M113_M2","INQ_M113_M2"};
	gunnerOpticsModel="optika_empty";
	unitInfoType=unitinfosoldier;
	transportSoldier=2;
	cargoAction[]={"ManActJeepCoDriver","ManActJeepCoDriverBackHTTVw"};
	soundEngine[]={"\INQ_HTTV\s\httv",0.400000,1.400000};
	class Turret
	{
		gunAxis="OsaHlavne";
		turretAxis="OsaVeze";
		soundServo[]={};
		gunBeg="usti hlavne";
		gunEnd="konec hlavne";
		minElev=-5;
		maxElev=40;
		minTurn=-360;
		maxTurn=360;
		body="OtocVez";
		gun="OtocHlaven";
	};
	class ViewGunner
	{
		initAngleX=5;
		minAngleX=-30;
		maxAngleX=30;
		initAngleY=0;
		minAngleY=0;
		maxAngleY=0;
		initFov=0.700000;
		minFov=0.420000;
		maxFov=0.850000;
	};
	class MGunClouds : WeaponCloudsMGun
	{
	};
};

I'm not very experienced in modifiing configs and had serious problems by installing and executing the BIS-software that is needed to convert .ccp into config.bin, so I couldn't test if I deleted the right parts of the config. Could anobody help me? Is there a chance to unpack and fix the texture of the INQ_HTTV.pbo or could someone help me deleting it from the config-file and modify it from .cpp to .bin?

Edited by mk82

Hi mk82,

This problem has nothing to do with the config file, it's the texture file used. The fix is to un-pbo the addon on the server. Delete the texture files (.pac, .paa etc.). Then re-pbo the remaining files. This is onlyy a server based problem so the client side addon will not be changed.

#edit: I have no problem un pbo'ing the file. Like you say it can just be deleted.

Edited by Zulu1

Editing the config file was my idea to make Y2K3 stop using inq_httv as a replacement BIS jeep w. machine gun... I tried to unpack the PBO with Amalfis PBO Decryptor 1.5, works fine normally, but on this addon I still get the message: "Unabble to unpack file". Could you send me the modified Addon/Download via PM? I'm desperate...

Which tool did you use to unpack the HTTV? As read here, I still fail. On the other hand I was able to delete INQ_HTTV from Y2K3-Config but failed to get it replaced by original BIS jeep w. machine gun - instead of HTTV BIS standard JEEP appears.

:(

Edited by mk82

Which tool did you use to unpack the HTTV? As read here, I still fail. On the other hand I was able to delete INQ_HTTV from Y2K3-Config but failed to get it replaced by original BIS jeep w. machine gun - instead of HTTV BIS standard JEEP appears.

Either WinPbo or pboX

Little addition: Besides the inq_httv.pbo, also the ICP_bmp.pbo contains two texture files who cause a server crash. Took me one night to find out, but now it's finally running.