Sign in to follow this  
Sower79

How to take the islands from the maps game as a picture?

Hello. I would like to know how to play maps to take the islands, with all symbols, I want to print out and hang on the wall.

:)

Edited by Sower79

There's two things you can do. First, for some maps people have already painstakingly taken mosaic screenshots of the map in the editor and pieced them together to form a complete map. I know there's one for Sahrani, not sure if anyone ever did that for Chernarus or Takistan.

Second way is by using one of the "cheats". By going into the editor for the island you want then hitting Ctrl+Numpad Minus, releasing and typing "TOPOGRAPHY", the game will hang for a little bit and export a snapshot of the editor map to an .EMF file at the C:\ root. You then need to apply EmfToPng.exe (distributed with Visitor 3) to make this image usable.

Unfortunately there are some (severe) limitations to this method - some aspects of the map do not reflect the actual map in the editor. There are no place names, spot elevations or runway outlines and some vegetation or other objects may not display properly.

Apart from that, I know SprocketIdea offered some laminated maps of Chernarus and Takistan if you pre-ordered OA or CO from them. Obviously, though, that is no longer available.

But surely there is something which script to take a screenshot, and then one by one size to do it for a long time.