What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

WARNING

Before using JSRS 1.5, please check with your physician regarding any health and safety concerns. Jarheads Sound Redeployment Studio is not legally responsible for any possible heart attacks or seizures brought on due to the shear awesomness of the sounds.

Jarhead's Sound Redeployment Studios

presents

logosmalll.jpg

Current Version: 1.5 FINAL Released: 03.13.2013

by LordJarhead

JSRSRank.png

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DOWNLOAD

ALL DOWNLOADS

JSRS15MOD-FINAL

-> FINAL VERSION OF JSRS FOR ARMA 2 CO, no updates needed<-

JSRS15MOD-HOTFIX

-> Latest Hotfix for JSRS15MOD-FINAL <-

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

OTHER DOWNLOADS

ArmA 2 DLC Supports

JSRS15MOD-ACR DLC SOUNDS

-> Contains sounds for the Army of the Czech Republic DLC (Full or Lite). You will need to have JSRS UPDATE 4 or JSRS FINAL installed <-

UPDATED 03.13.2013

Other Community Mod Supports

JSRS15MOD-CWR² CONFIG TWEAKS

->Tweaked Configs of CWR², CWR² UK and CWR² NL Mod to provide cooperation with JSRS 1.5 <-

JSRS15MOD-ACE PACK

-> Contains sounds for most ACE weapons and vehicles <-

Other JSRS Downloads

JSRS15MOD-CONFIGS

-> A set of configs which allows you to disable certain script effects like the FPS sounds <-

JSRS15MOD-OPTIONAL SOUNDS

-> Updated Version, also included in FULL, updated with Forests Creep Sounds<-

JSRS15MOD-CREEPY FORESTS

-> Also included in JSRS15MOD-OPTIONAL SOUNdS<-

Server/Adminside Downloads

JSRS15MOD - Server Key Only

-> The Server Key Only for Admins <-

BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING CONCERNING PROBLEMS, READ THE README

README

-> The ReadMe Files has been updated January, 23th 2013 <-

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Use the patch if you already downloaded version 1.5 earlier! Thank you!

J.S.R.S. Soundmod Full v1.5

J.S.R.S. Soundmod Update 2 v1.5

J.S.R.S. Soundmod Update 3 v1.5

Seperate downloads (already in the full package):

J.S.R.S. Soundmod - Army of the Czech Republic DLC Sounds v1.5

J.S.R.S. Soundmod - ACE pack

J.S.R.S. Soundmod - Optional Sounds

required_addons.png

Community Base Addons

Arma 2

System requirements

1. ArmA 2: Combined Operations on latest version (means both, Arma 2 AND Operation Arrowhead!)

2. A recent version of CBA is required! All three CBA variants, CBA, A2 and OA.

3. It is important to set up 128 Sample in the Audio tions to prevent misfire of the sound.
  4. You'll find more information about that in the FAQ in the ReadMe.

Using the Modfolder Method to install this mod, please read Armaholic’s easy to follow FAQ for a clear explanation:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Download JSRS 1.5. Unpack the whole mod folder called @JSRS 1.5. You shouldn't change the folder though, or it

contents. I highly recommend an Arma Launcher. This will manage the mods and you are able to check or uncheck

them pretty fast without changing command lines. If you not running an Launcher, then you will have to edit your

shortcut parameters like this:

"Drive:\Arma 2 \Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS" -skipintro -nosplash“

Running with latest OA beta:

"Drive:\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;"

-skipintro -nosplash“

What is JSRS 1.5?

J.S.R.S. Mod is a Sound modification. This sounds less exciting at first than it is, doesn't it? Oh, but it is much more than

just your typical sound modification. Simply because not only does J.S.R.S. essentially offer toally new sounds for ArmA II,

but offers much more in that it also extends the game with new sound-based features in-game which were originally

though not possible.

The biggest feature is the "Distance script" that allows the mod to address different sound effects at different distances

to the player. The scenario: If a shooter is 500 meters away, one extra tuned value sound for this distance will be

played. This gives the impression of being far away of that shooter.

There are also effects like the "First Person sounds" which giving the impression that the weapon is close to your face

by adding mechanical extra sound effects which is only played when the player is playing in the first-person

perspective. The same works for vehicles. When sitting as a passenger in an armed vehicle, you can hear the

mechanical sounds of the weaponry.

The latest addition to the J.S.R.S. Sound modification suite is the all-new "in-room script" which mixes an extra loud

echo over the weapon effects when the player is inside a building and is firing his weapon. The effect results in the

impression that you really are inside a building.

All these new features--plus over 5500 other new sound effects--makes for an entirely new sound experience. Arma

2 is transformed with only a mod in a completely different dimension. Each mission is completely different because of

the ubiquitous new impressions. It is made for more aware of risk, opponents recognized by the authentic weapon

noises or they can very accurately located due to the distance effects.

J.S.R.S. 1.5 brings all the old-known effects and sounds to a whole new level, even compared to previous J.S.R.S.

versions of the past. This version is the culmination of J.S.R.S. "Perfection" after a long journey of working on J.S.R.S..

Try it, you will not be disappointed!

So, JSRS is a huge mod I've been working on for more than four years--each time growing more improved.

I try to offer help wherever I can and always have you--the community--in mind and value your opinions and

support.

This project definitely takes a lot of hard work and time. Yes, this is my hobby I am passionate about, but so much

goes into the project it's almost like a full time job for me. Leisure, which is sacrificed for this is precious, and time is

money as we all know.

I had received some time ago a message with the request to set up a donation account. After some time and though, I

decided to do this. I freely leave it up to each JSRS user themselves, how and to what extent he would like to donate to

support my work. There are no obligations to you the user. There are no demands. This was something asked of me

and I decided to do it.

As always, I am grateful for everyone's support, it helps keep me excited going forward with JSRS knowing how many

people look forward to my hard work. But to realize JSRS for Arma 3 it would take a lot more efforts and time, it

would also require a lot more equipment that I can not afford at this moment. Therefore, any help would be gratefully

appreciated in the highest degree!

I thank you very much for your support!

Support JSRS Studio

Thank you so much!

Thanks

I have to thank some very special people for the support over the last years! If I forgot somebody, please let me know!

CarlGustaffa, Das Attorney, Ei8ght, FoxHound, Jman, kju, Law-Giver, MarkXIII, McLupo, Psychobastard, PurePassion, Sickboy, TheCapulet, Tonci87, W0lle

Arma2Base.de

Armaholic.com

Brigade2010.de

DevHeaven.net

KellyHereos.eu

Thanks to the community, to everyone who is playing with this mod, who have trust in it, who has gave comments or who supported this mod!

And special thanks to Yokhanan and Robalo who were always supporting me in every possible way! Thank you so much mates!

And a thanks to all who were so kind to donate for JSRS Studio! You are AWESOME!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO EDIT THIS MOD AND ITS CONTENTS WITHOUT MY EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION, NOR ARE YOU PERMITTED TO RELEASE ANY PARTS OF THIS MOD UNDER YOUR NAME.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUBLISH THIS MOD ON OTHER SITES WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION. SINCE WE GOT REPORTS OF BROKEN JSRS DOWNLOADS PUBLICHED BY DIFFERENT WEBSITES. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DOWNLOAD JSRS ONLY VIA THE GIVEN LINKS IN THE BI FORUMS.

I WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCURE TO EQUIPMENT OR PERSONS WHILST USING JSRS SOUNDMOD, IN PARTICULAR THE SONICCRACKS AND EXPLOSIONS, WHICH ARE REALLY LOUD IN GAME!

J.S.R.S is definitely the most enjoyable sound mod. I've totally fell in love with it. If saying VOP is my wife, then the JSRS is my sexy lass.
I really appreciate all your hard work on this amazing mod, lordjarhead! The sounds are fantastic and they really add depth to an already deep game.
Weee! awesome LordJarhead, thanks again matey! d/l'ing now!
its almost inspiring to see how dedicated to making the best sound mod Jarhead is, which it pretty much is.
This mod is outstanding and getting me back into arma!
Again top job really good work.
Thanks for all the hard work. It is well apricitated cuase with yours and other mods the Arma series rocks @$$!!!
Wow thx Man. You saved my Sunday Evening^^ Outstandig Job you done there.
Realy good sounds! Stunning job!
Great work Jarhead, this is simply an awesome mod.
Excellent sounds mod btw very very impresseive
This mod is amazing, everything sounds so good. Thanks for an amazing first release LJ!

J.S.R.S. by LordJarhead

====================

Copyright © 2013 by LordJarhead, All rights reserved.

Edited by LordJarhead
Added CWR downloads

Little Problem: other players had lag, when I fired my MG36.

Loaded mods:

CBA, Jay2Armalib, ACRE and of course JSRS

I go check this....

Remember, the sound mod it 2-4 time larger than normal sound mods. because it has twice Hz.wss as normal sounds. So it has an insane hardware hunger!

please provide signature files!!!!!!111!!!1111!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean? I'm new in this, so pls explain to me :(

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

please provide signature files!!!!!!111!!!1111!!!!!!!!!

Mate, there's no need for that. A guy has come here, made everyone a sound mod in his own free time, and this is the only thing you can think of saying? FPDR

Jarhead, ignore Oxy, hes just impaitent like myself :-)

A signature file is a file that allows a server to verify the mod and allow a person to use it on a 'addon locked server'.

Im sure someone will have a better definition than i do

Alright first impression:

In total it sounds very good. What I noticed as disturbing is the loud clicking noise when you shoot the M4. It just doesnt seem to fit. Aswell the sound of the bugs at night are way to loud, probably louder than your weapon.

Another thing is that it fells like the M16 and Mk16-17 are lacking some punch, the sound is way to "light".

Incoming fire sound is very good, and I really like the echo thing.

this is the only thing you can think of saying? FPDR

Same for you I suppose.

@Jarhead

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

That will help you no end. :) Its much easier if you sign your addon for everyone. However, to do this you will need BinPBO which is included in the BIS Tools package.

Edited by Hellfire257

Sounds great so far. Seems to be a few bugs involving mini guns tho. In uh60 and uh1y door gunner seats u cant hear the 4000RPM sound file and when ur in a door gunner seat of any helo u cant hear the gun fire from inside the helo only outside, i.e. ur shooting the m240 in the uh1h and u can hear the gun fire but sounds so quiet because ur hearing it from outside if that makes sense. Now the ah6j is really weird, it seems to have 5-6 different gun modes all looking the same instead of high and low RPM and hydras. Im sure these bugs are just typos in the config or something? And when u fire too many hydras it makes the sound of firing them again even when u havent.

Accept for that Sounds so good mate!! And for a beta its amazing!

Great work Lord Jarhead!!

Same for you I suppose.

@Jarhead

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

That will help you no end. :) Its much easier if you sign your addon for everyone. However, to do this you will need BinPBO which is included in the BIS Tools package.

Thanks. I take a look on this!

To the clicking noises in m4 and so: Yah i don't like it too,, but i have to say, the sounds with the clicking noises a only placeholder (most of them, like g36 sounds) because i working on those sounds soon. I just wanted to did all weapons first and than rework them. But i'm on it, don't worry.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Jarhead

Sounds great so far. Seems to be a few bugs involving mini guns tho. In uh60 and uh1y door gunner seats u cant hear the 4000RPM sound file and when ur in a door gunner seat of any helo u cant hear the gun fire from inside the helo only outside, i.e. ur shooting the m240 in the uh1h and u can hear the gun fire but sounds so quiet because ur hearing it from outside if that makes sense. Now the ah6j is really weird, it seems to have 5-6 different gun modes all looking the same instead of high and low RPM and hydras. Im sure these bugs are just typos in the config or something? And when u fire too many hydras it makes the sound of firing them again even when u havent.

Accept for that Sounds so good mate!! And for a beta its amazing!

Great work Lord Jarhead!!

Shooting the miniguns are a weird thing, because i have to add a delay between the shoot. That with the ah6j is a config thing, i'm sure. I take a look on-

But don't forget_ U are the first User ever testing this sound mod! I don't have any beta testers they testing this mod , thats your job now^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

But don't forget_ U are the first User ever testing this sound mod! I don't have any beta testers they testing this mod , thats your job now^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

I know Sir hence me reporting the bugs for ya ;)

And happy to be testing it for ya too :yay:

Keep up the good work.

From what i've heard so far its the best sound mod out to date in my opinion! great job.

I'm not sure if you have added any aircraft sounds though? the A-10,SU-25 etc sound very quiet when compared to helicopters,tanks that go past.

Also, i must agree that the environment sounds such as the insects are a little to loud at night... making them a little bit quieter will be very good i think.

Edited by Cossack8559

One word: Fantastic!

At this stage, consider combining some aspects of the mod with Eliassound2 (the radio chatter for aircraft, for instance)

Great work, LordJarhead - thank you very much!

MANY thanks Jarhead ! This looks like this will catapult you into the Arma2 Hall Of Fame!

Glad to beta test it. Will report back after a bloody good thrashing!

Kremator

MANY thanks Jarhead ! This looks like this will catapult you into the Arma2 Hall Of Fame!

Woah, hahaha, i don't know^^

Thanks anyway ;)

Jarhead

Mate, there's no need for that.

I can´t agree to that. If you want this mod to be tested in mp too these files are very necessary.

@LordJarhead

You only have to create your personal privatekey using DSCreateKey. After that you sign all your pbo´s with for example YOMA (took one second for me). After that you can use the mod even on servers which have "verifySignatures" on.

ARG! Worse time to release this. I just got a new motherboard and for some reason my sound card does not work so I'm stuck with onboard sound which is absolutely terrible. In all other games its fine, but in ArmA 2 its horrible! I can't even play OA. :(

Gonna have to wait awhile to play with this awesome sound mod.

This is my favourite sound mod for OA now. I am completely stunned at its quality.

Quick bug report:

After testing some weapons / units I checked the the ArmA2OA.rpt and have the following errors to report:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh1\uh1_ext_high.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m134\m134_s4.wss'

The M134 @ 4000 rpm doesn't have any sounds.

Hope that helps - thanks again, LordJarhead!

Colour me impressed! :D

Yeah as a couple others have said, get this bad boys files signed as soon as you can so we can hear them where ever we play :)

Mate, there's no need for that. A guy has come here, made everyone a sound mod in his own free time, and this is the only thing you can think of saying? FPDR

Asking for signature files is wrong?