What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

You ever tried to silence an .50BMG? Even because of the high pressure the bullet cause while exiting the barrel is intense. Sure, echo is taking from the normal shots, I make it a bit more bassless.But try to imagine to silence an M2HMG... :D

Dont worry guys, its only hearable around 75 - 100 meters and then fading into a really quiete distance sound.

Jarhead

Personally, I think you're on the right track. I don't have any experience with a TAC 50, but I've operated with a M107 a lot and the concussion is pretty insane. I can't imagine the thing suppressed.

Here's a link to a M107 from a training flight I did. I am NOT offering this as a sound submission, as it sounds much louder and the concussion is much harder than what my little iPhone could manage. But IF you could suppress the thing, it's still going to be a lot of energy to be heard.

Hahaha, can you tell what the hell you guys r shoting at? Haha, tactical whales-aiming? ;) Just kidding...

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Jarhead

Hey guys new to Arma, love how the MOD completely changes the dynamic of the game.

1 question though. I've been playing the new PR mod v0.1 and I was wondering if you guys have play it yet? also would you like to see the sound mod incorporated into it? I think it would improve it greatly

Personally, I think you're on the right track. I don't have any experience with a TAC 50, but I've operated with a M107 a lot and the concussion is pretty insane. I can't imagine the thing suppressed.

Here's a link to a M107 from a training flight I did. I am NOT offering this as a sound submission, as it sounds much louder and the concussion is much harder than what my little iPhone could manage. But IF you could suppress the thing, it's still going to be a lot of energy to be heard.

Some special units in afghan had this silencer

http://www.awcsystech.com/products/suppressors/turbodyne/

Also you can see it in MOH game with flir scope

Edited by RobertHammer

Hahaha, can you tell what the hell you guys r shoting at? Haha, tactical whales-aiming? ;) Just kidding...

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Jarhead

They were hitting exactly what they were aiming at. The water!

After watching RH's links, I still say you're on the right track. Once again, looking forward to your work. Thanks for taking the time to entertain us all.

Some special units in afghan had this silencer

http://www.awcsystech.com/products/suppressors/turbodyne/

Also you can see it in MOH game with flir scope

Wow, that's got to be some serious engineering to take that. Thanks for the links. But I have to ask, RH... You're referencing another video game? You're usually one of the guys that laughs at that. ;)

You did just watch Garfield, right?

Yes, now I hope when 1.4 comes out all the weapons will quote lines from this episode upon pulling the trigger.

Just imagine the M249 going *lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna* as you mow down your foes.

hmm.. great idea I have to say. So I will delete all my JSRS stuff I made so far. Fuck on this pseudo-realistic shit stuff. This would be great... ahhh.... when a grenade lands between your feed its saying: Good morning John! KABUM!

Hehehe.

Jarhead

I hurried to the first post of the thread after noticing the renaming of this thread ... only to find its not out yet.

How dare you get me worked up like that :)

Re. renaming of the thread:

I want to point out that Lord Jarhead ain't a dyslexic or something, it's just the stupid forum software which doesn't allow JSRS or J.S.R.S. in all capital letters. Usually a good thing, but here a big fail. :)

Edit: Fixed now, finally.

Edited by W0lle

And given the new title, I feel fully justified in asking whether 1.4 is coming out soon.

And given the new title, I feel fully justified in asking whether 1.4 is coming out soon.

Yeah I was a little confused. I was thinking to myself "OMG 1.4 is out", then I looked and I sad face.

Re. renaming of the thread:

I want to point out that Lord Jarhead ain't a dyslexic or something, it's just the stupid forum software which doesn't allow JSRS or J.S.R.S. in all capital letters. Usually a good thing, but here a big fail. :)

Edit: Fixed now, finally.

Haha, thanks mate. Nice to see its working fine now.

So guys...

We're getting closer with every minute. I know you all had to wait a long time. And soon it'll be there! My guys over on Brigade will test the mod today and in the coming week. December will be the month of the year I guess.

I'm getting abit nervous now :o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll be epic!

Here is something for you.... For me personally, this will be my best release I hope. All the years of testing, trying, failing, winning, reaching new levels are over now. Hope you will like it. My first real trailer ever made.

Thanks alot, all of you. For your time and your sympathy. For all the time you spend with this mod!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

LordJardhead you are making Arma more beautiful and you prolong the life of this game.

Your name will be written in computer game history books for ever( if you release it soon of course) :)

Edited by Nikiforos

OH GOD I just woke up and as I saw the thread name saying 1.4 already I almost broke my mouse trying to CLICK it, then I see that there's no download yet.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarheeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaad :<

just kidding, take your time with the release (but not too much of course ;D )!

Thanks for your comments guys! Means alot to me! So nice you like the trailer. Hope it was not too much^^ And sry for the rename of the thread, but we're reaching the new level of JSRS, so it was about time to do that.

Also I like you to subscribe the new JSRS Chanal

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLordJarhead?feature=mhee

This will be the new chanal for all JSRS stuff or all SM stuff I make in future. Well, I had to name it TheLordJarhead because LordJarhead was given away already... or nor able at all, dont know.

Thanks alot guys!

Jarhead