What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hi.

The replacement UKF_weapons.cfg for JSRS 1.4.3. is no longer available - can someone look into this, or tell me where to find it? Googling has yielded zilch.

Hi.

The replacement UKF_weapons.cfg for JSRS 1.4.3. is no longer available - can someone look into this, or tell me where to find it? Googling has yielded zilch.

Hey,

You won't need this anymore with the latest version of the UKF weapons. ;)

;2131904']LJ' date=' I was playing an old chernarus domination last night and noticed some sound bugs, not sure if they are known so I'll list them anyway.

When inside the Knighthawk MH60-S in 1st person, the engine start up sounds are very loud, the same as the 3rd person sound levels, after the engine has started up the sounds get very low in 1st person, when switching to 3rd person they are ok. The bug I think is that the 1st person start up sounds are way too high.

When a friend was in a USMC M1A1, there were no firing sounds on my side, although I could hear and see impacts/impact sounds, this was on both machine gun and cannon, he could hear them on his side but I couldn't on mine, this was all on a dedicated server. Perhaps a broken script?

M203's make a strange hissing/warbling sound when shot close into the ground, HE nades ( Dont ask how we found this, I was surprised that my friend did this aswell :D )

That's the only issues I came across after about 5 hours of playing.[/quote']

Thanks for the info mate. The M203 rounds have a flyover sound. Normaly they just explode and "not exist" anymore, so the sound wont be played as well. But as Yokhanan said, if you shooting your grenade too close to an object, it wont explode and you still hear the overfly sound repeatly. I can fix that, no worries. But I never needed to fix it, till Yokhanan and I found that in a coop.

Lol, yeah don't worry that would just be the "in-flight" sound of 40mm grenades LJ made. Unfortunately, I guess this is where limitations start coming into play as if it flops to the ground it still sounds as if it's still flying over your head. We both noticed it during some testing/coop'ing awhile ago. Not sure if there is a fix for it or what off hand, but we'll see what happens.

About the M1A1, I'm wondering if it's also the same bit of bug like the 1st/3rd firing sounds with like launchers as well. We've experienced it a few times where he's fired the LAW and I didn't hear it and vice versa. I don't think it happened all the time, but could be wrong. But reading your description, I can't help but wonder if it might be a shared bug... <ponders>

Hey, thanks for taking care of the thread while I was away for a few days ;)

Yah I pretty sure this is a strange error which has nothing to do with the script. Cause the Shoting sound are just the normal sounds. Even the script sound work better than the normal sounds sometimes. The LAW we shot were also normal sounds. So I guess its one of those netframe errrors. Check the RPT if something like this happens.

Hey,

You won't need this anymore with the latest version of the UKF weapons. ;)

They implemented it themselfs? Wow, pretty cool.

Jarhead

Hey LJH,

Is the distance object still at Loy Manara airfield or has it been moved?

Hey LJH,

Is the distance object still at Loy Manara airfield or has it been moved?

Has been removed LONG ago. Its not visible and not touchable anymore. ;)

When will the new version of JSRS come out? I can't wait to use it.

Oh, now one month later than I planed for sure!

:D Just kidding. I really dont know. There is alot to do, alot of fixes and such stuff. But there are also alot of cool features I wanted to implement into 1.5. So maybe some months at least. I know its a long time but I wont rush anything out. I will take my time for each vehicle, weapon, sound, soldier or effect and I want to make them good. Since 1.5 will be my last mod for Arma 2 I guess. After A3 will hit the ground, I will take care of that maybe. Dont know.

So I will feed you with some videos of the work I did so far. I reworked all Tanks btw. Added 10 Treadsounds per Tank, new engine sounds and and and. So the vehicles covered a big part of my work in the past few weeks.

LJ

Oh, now one month later than I planed for sure!

:D Just kidding. I really dont know. There is alot to do, alot of fixes and such stuff. But there are also alot of cool features I wanted to implement into 1.5. So maybe some months at least. I know its a long time but I wont rush anything out. I will take my time for each vehicle, weapon, sound, soldier or effect and I want to make them good. Since 1.5 will be my last mod for Arma 2 I guess. After A3 will hit the ground, I will take care of that maybe. Dont know.

So I will feed you with some videos of the work I did so far. I reworked all Tanks btw. Added 10 Treadsounds per Tank, new engine sounds and and and. So the vehicles covered a big part of my work in the past few weeks.

LJ

:yay: I´m a happy tanker

Has been removed LONG ago. Its not visible and not touchable anymore. ;)

Excellent LJH. Will enjoy a working airport then when it's done.

Really appreciate ALL the effort you are putting into this !

Hi LJ, ive noticed that when you fire the shotgun with pellets there is a weird buzzing sound and it goes on until the rounds land. also when you fire in 3rd person and then turn the camera to face the front of the gun it makes quite an "interesting sound". other than that, no other problems i can think of now

thanks

Yah, I had the same with the shotguns. No idea whats causing this. Will take a look and maybe rework the config or so.

LJ

Interestingly normal HE arty rounds don't make the whizzing sound (don't really hear any arty drop sound either) but white phosphorus (or smoke) do that wierd whizzing repeat. Not sure if you had had a look at those configs already LJH.

I've only ever heard one buzzing sound for all bullets. As for artillery, the way the game defines the sounds makes downright bizarre things happen.

Just heard the A10's GAU-8 from 4.5km away.......

.....Going to take a shower now. :D

Hi LJ, ive noticed that when you fire the shotgun with pellets there is a weird buzzing sound and it goes on until the rounds land. also when you fire in 3rd person and then turn the camera to face the front of the gun it makes quite an "interesting sound". other than that, no other problems i can think of now

thanks

I'm tempted to say that it's a faint buzzing sound played for all bullets that's just amplified because it's played simultaneously by about 10-15 buckshot bullets

Yeah thats what i've been thinking too. Wouldn't bother me hearing them when im being shot at, but not when im firing lol

I will take a look in the config in some time. Maybe I can fix it with some changed entries. I guess its a problem with the Shotgun shells laying on the ground. They may use a snap sound for the shells, dont know, we'll see ;)

Jarhead

First of all, this is my first post in nearly 4 years... So feel special :p

Secondly; Wow! I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks ever since getting a decent enough system to run ArmA 2, and having a look at 'what's hot and what's not' these days, and your sound mod most definitely is.

Thirdly, and to get to the point; I just had a quick go, only to notice that the two weapons I tried had no firing sound. The M16A4 and the M21. I hear everything else, the combat ambience is superb, jets flying over, etc, etc the whole shabam...

I've set my audio to 128 samples, and as far as I'm aware, I've done everything as instructed.

Halp?

SCRATCH THAT...

*facepalm*

When copying the patch files into the "@JSRS1.4" folder in my ArmA2 directory, I copied the whole folder, creating a new "@JSRS1.4" within the original... :o

... Some triumphant return that was eh!

Edited by Shashman

@Shashman ... I think that's the visual equivalent of running into a room of old friends to announce your return home, then tripping at the door into a faceplant ;)

But anyway, yes, all updated just gets dumped and overwrite the core files one by one. I must admit if I had only just got up to speed and installed arma2 now and stumbled onto this sound mod I would have dribbled for a few hours & days :)

Back with a single report.

The OA SU-25 Frogfoot has a start up and engine off sound, which is the same as the blackhawk, didn't notice it at first till after I turned the engines off.

;2134504']Back with a single report.

The OA SU-25 Frogfoot has a start up and engine off sound' date=' which is the same as the blackhawk, didn't notice it at first till after I turned the engines off.[/quote']

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jsrs/issues

:D

Muahahahaha

I must admit I neglect using dev-heaven, anything else I come across will be ticketed. :cool:

They used JSRS samples in this BTR! :O

Just joking, just a small compliment to LJ's masterwork on his sounds!

some bonus, shooting btrs and some other weapons. Edited by NeuroFunker