What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

first all .....

....... also In honor and respect to YOU 2 dude!

thats very, very sad to hear and read what happend m8

:eek:

Mann-Schrei-panik-monkeys-shout-Schwarz-Junge-Fotografie-510x510.jpg

but why for heaven sake, did you all save all this huge amount of date on ONLY 1 disk.

if i would have known that, i would have a sponsered you a big externe hdd as a cotribution donation dude!!!

never ever trust only one hdd medium for saving, always use atleast a second drive for redundant backups

:icon_bash:
, it will take some time, but I guess I can work on J.S.R.S again in some month! A long, shit, waiting, searching, working and relentless time will follow now! Haha, might say: Now you could pay a little attention to Anders SM and RWS and look around for alternatives! I know it's silly, but it will cost some time! But J.S.R.S. will be back! (At least with Arma3^^)

well, shit happenZ, and never mind...

...cause everything is better, i and i mean EVRYTING,

is better......as sixt feet under m8

:dancered:

....take your time, calm dome, relax and everthing will become alright again sooner or later in the future

687f646c-97ce-4b02-ac43-8efc9a56dcda.jpg

JSRS 1.2 is working mostly fine now, and we all can play with it so far.

so, take it easy altought the situation sucks like hell and we will be waiting

for everything that comes from now on in the future, and then when its ready,

its ready and done!! dont stress yourself to much it!!

nice weekend to all armaholics

over and out

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

That sounds horrible man!

One thing you could try is to swap the harddrive's platter(s) into an other harddrive (which probably should be the exact same drive). It at least won't cost you €2000.

Good luck!

EDIT: Yeah, I just registered to post here! :o

very good idea. That was my first thought too. Every "expert" wants to earn money. There may be alternatives.

sad to hear this

one of reasons for such amount of work files i suggest use either cheap USB backup drive

or even better some online 'storage' system (there are plenty today)

usually Your 'modding' work isn't something 'top secret and sensitive' and this way You prevent fatal issue to destroy all Your work

I am very sorry also to hear of the loss of such hard work.

I am also very suprised you never backed anything up? External backup drives are dirt cheap these days and a must really.

Wow :eek: :( i just read what happened a few pages back and feel very bad.

I hope you get things where you want them to be LordJarhead, but things like this are like events

that enable you to come back even better.

It might be a big loss, but on another note this could be your chance to learn and or do things

different and maybe make things better then you had thought before.

All your work well just what you had been working on isn't a total loss, there is still all the releases you

had made already on Armaholic, you would still have those files and such to work with.

Think of this as a stepping stone for something better to come, just keep your focus on your goals and what

you want to do, setbacks are only there to keep us awake and enable us to grow.

We can only assume the best as usual from you.

Thank you guys so much for your nice words! And yes, I know, we are always a bit smarter afterwards! I gonna try to save what I can and than rebuilding a whole new database.

I will try to fix all the errors from JSRS first, bring this out and than I'm done with that part! After this, I can fully concentrate on something else, something new. A whole new SM!

Or maybe I gonna do something new with someone else and bring an new coop-made SM or something like that!

Thanks again for you nice words and support! You keep this alive here!

Jarhead

I have lost several HDs recently (in last 5 years) to failure, but nothing near the importance of work like yours. It was just crap I collected over the years. I did lose my OFP and ARMA I files (I had so much OFP stuff it wasn't funny). In the last year I lost all my ARMA II stuff as well (thanks to the news sites I have most back. I lost all my WIP missions, but for people that have played them, that's a good thing.

Anyways, I'm a slow learner. Just in the last couple months I finally went to the 1 TB + 1 TB mirror, USB sticks, mozy online (free 2 GB), my webhost (another 10 GB) backup system... and I still don't think it's enough.

Shit happens though. I'm glad you are moving forward. ;)

Look forward to hearing anything you come up with.

Good mod, the only thing I dislike is the hard drive raping caused by this.

jsrs.png

2-3 hours of Arma and 532,000 lines of RPT errors, that is 2900+ lines per MINUTE writing on my hard drive... not cool.

Well holy crap. These days I get exactly two lines in my .rpt about JSRS. Meanwhile ACE and Zeus are scribbling away...

Good mod, the only thing I dislike is the hard drive raping caused by this.

jsrs.png

2-3 hours of Arma and 532,000 lines of RPT errors, that is 2900+ lines per MINUTE writing on my hard drive... not cool.

Just give me sometime to come back into editing next week! Its of corse disturbing, but there is not time for me to work on this (and its not possible until I get back to my files and stuff! All programs gone too ;))

Jarhead

First of good luck to you L.Jarhead with the rebuilding process!

@rexehuk: I'm using one of the latest J.S.R.S versions incl the BAF sounds and the other addons that have been released. But i have never had a report this long, are you sure you installed it all in the right way and its all up-to-date? Funny not many other people report the same issue, so could you explain how you installed it and what versions they have!

First of good luck to you L.Jarhead with the rebuilding process!

@rexehuk: I'm using one of the latest J.S.R.S versions incl the BAF sounds and the other addons that have been released. But i have never had a report this long, are you sure you installed it all in the right way and its all up-to-date? Funny not many other people report the same issue, so could you explain how you installed it and what versions they have!

Latest version, but not running all the pbos. It's modular for a reason so I only use the best bits, my guess is the Environmental .pbo is not self contained and uses another .pbo as a library for some sounds.

Shall do some digging tomorrow to find the cause.

**Edit** Fixed.

Edited by rexehuk

Tell us the fix so Jarhead can tell people about any dependencies.

Wow :eek: :( i just read what happened a few pages back and feel very bad.

I hope you get things where you want them to be LordJarhead, but things like this are like events that enable you to come back even better.

It might be a big loss, but on another note this could be your chance to learn and or do things different and maybe make things better then you had thought before.

bloody well said sir

:war:

..and.....jarhead, go 4 it

:m:

n8 @ll

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Hoooo gosh I hope you can save some sound config and I'll sort and I'll send you all that I possess sound levels of video on youtube and other sounds already working;)

Just one thing mate, dont make the same mistake twice! BACKUP on more than one HD.

Good Luck on your come back .. :)

Hello! Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, so apologies if not.

I love JSRS sounds, but I notice when creating a mission in Chenarus, I don't have an "ambient sound" anymore. I compared it with my vanilla ARMA2OA, and could hear quite easily the default ambient sound of gates opening, wind, bee's buzzing, etc.

Is this something the JSRS mod took out that I have to put via a trigger/module/etc?

Thanks very much for any help!

Can I suggest RAID 1?

the mind boggles how you do not have this stuff backed up :/

Im a bit late in repeating the exact same things with everyone else (effectively a pointless repetitive bump, sorry) but mate, that's a very shitty situation you got out of that. With music I have a large sample library and music software, and if that all went in a puff of smoke I would cry myself to sleep for days.

How you never backed that amount of resource up (and original too) is beyond me and beyond words, but ... without repeating what you clearly dont want to hear, I hope you salvage what you need.

Maybe look at it as a large unwanted purge that will narrow down your sound choice and make the process a little narrower but still as effective.

Yah, thanks so far.

I will make more back ups for the future! I will not stop now! I'm working on something new already, new sounds, new Configs. J.S.R.S. will get back soon, I will fix all the last errors with the help of .kju and will bring the last version! There will be no more patches or DLC's in the future, too much work for one men! I will maybe work a bit more on the new Stuff I'm working on now, or maybe will start something new, a new SM with someone else's help.

But don't worry guys, JSRS will not falling apart because of my fault. This community and it's users are holding this all together! Thanks for this!

Jarhead

Hi Jarhead,

glad to hear that!

I'm sure you'll get back on track soon, better than ever!

All the best,

Crusader

Good luck Jarhead, looking forward to your mod returning in full force :thumbsup:

btw you should ask kju about the Updating Base Class messages in the RPT as they can be avoided and cause issues. ;)

Everyday I play the game with your sounds it reminds me of how important your work is for all humans. Without your sounds the feeling and the pleasure for the game is much less.

So thank you one more time :)