What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Haha, thanks mate, nice to hear that from "one of my kind"! :D

Jarhead

is the background radio in the last video from JSRS or is it another mod?

(Sounds are absolutely outstanding, great to hear DLC and ACE will be covered)

is the background radio in the last video from JSRS or is it another mod?

(Sounds are absolutely outstanding, great to hear DLC and ACE will be covered)

Its NOT from the Mod. They were edited by me.

would you like to share it with us?

what kind of mod is that? GL4?

Battle chatter is always something a sound modder could tackle.

Because in that video I heard people talking about Iraqi canals in a hilly East European setting. I bet the soundbites could be organized and tagged to fit various maps.

Guys, that was a SP Video. Berliner recorded it and afterwards included this chatter you hear. It isn't a mod. (And yes we use ACRE in MP)

Use ACRE.

Does this mean that ACRE has got a battle chatter?

Is there any use in SP for it?

ACRE is "only" a 3d positional radio mod for TS3 and ArmA2

But in a properly organized MP it has that effect you seek

Sounds very good indeed, cant think of much that seems to cover it all, less and less pbo swapping as this gets expanded :)

BTW Jarhead: Remember to backup the backup of the backups, then back this up just in case the backed up backups aren't fully backed up, just cover your back when backing up what you previously didn't backup and potentially didn't fully backup when you backed the backups back up. If your confident and feel fully backed up, I would suggest eating prunes.

Edited by mrcash2009

Sounds very good indeed, cant think of much that seems to cover it all, less and less pbo swapping as this gets expanded :)

BTW Jarhead: Remember to backup the backup of the backups, then back this up just in case the backed up backups aren't fully backed up, just cover your back when backing up what you previously didn't backup and potentially didn't fully backup when you backed the backups back up. If your confident and feel fully backed up, I would suggest eating prunes.

Hahahaha, mate I pissed my pants^^ I would need 10 HDD's to do so, but its worth it I guess :p Sure thing mate, backed up 4 or 5 times now :)

Jarhead

PS: 6 times with my ftp :P

I don't know if this is a bug with your config or with ACE's, but ever since the 1.12 release of ACE my HK417 sounds no longer work.

I'll test again, don't want you to look for something that's not there.

Nice videos/sounds man. The Abrams could use a touch up imo though...certain distinct sounds are missing or are different...would you like a link to hear sample some sound files (.wav) that may help :)?

the abrams would hav to be the hardest to get right, and i ddont think (and jarhead will no doubt agree) that you just cant get it perfect cos of the way the games sound engine works

personally i think the abrams sounds just great, and has done a great job on it

Dont know which version I have, but I guess there was something familier with my HK417... dont know exactly, gonna test this today ;)

Jarhead

PS: Abrams is really hard, not really possible to create with such an engine. If we look at BF3 we know whats possible with the right engine.

Exact perfection is not a good thing to strive for when you didn't create the sound engine you have to work within. I say as long as it completely destroys vanilla sound and you know an Abrams/tank is coming towards you, its job done :)

I hope that when the rockets hit the armored plates to combat the voice feedback:coop: (I know a little English, sorry)

Hello, just want say that you did really good job!

I think just the ATV sound like little motor bike for teenagers and that kinda funny, and some sound like chopper sound or plane really miss some bass (but same time i dunno what noise do a chopper on my head )

Sorry for my english, and anyway, good work already :)

I might donate if you let me help test your beta\alpha... I'm the current modder of the Sounds of Mahem... not to mention it... JSRS 1.4 sounds like what I was going for... good luck!