What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

@Sethos ...

Just to derail your derailment further, I am from the UK and its been some time since I have seen the use of "Pillock" on a forum, its much needed I feel, so thanks for that mate. All we need now is more use of the word "Berk" with a dash of "plonka" and we are done :)

Jarhead, nice to see crystal clear RPT's a massive progression from past times eh, good work sir.

@Sethos ...

Just to derail your derailment further, I am from the UK and its been some time since I have seen the use of "Pillock" on a forum, its much needed I feel, so thanks for that mate. All we need now is more use of the word "Berk" with a dash of "plonka" and we are done :)

Jarhead, nice to see crystal clear RPT's a massive progression from past times eh, good work sir.

Pillock... lol. Haven't heard that term in a while. :D

Clear RPT's FTW! Surely a sign of great progress. Nice job Jarhead. :)

Dear Lord, i got a prob with 1.33+your ace HK416 and 417 sounds. I hear the gun firing, my mate next to me can'T hear it, he picks the gun, so he can hear it, but i can'T . I added them some days ago, so i didn#t notice before. In there are only pbo's for HK416 and 417 , but no _c = config pbo. Can you help me out? C

Cheers

Rudy

Pillock... lol. Haven't heard that term in a while. :D

How about the word Wazzock, being a northener living in the south west, that's a word i used to love as a kid. Oh the days!

Anyway back on track. Loved the vid' with the delays LordJarhead. Can't wait now! ;)

Dear Lord, i got a prob with 1.33+your ace HK416 and 417 sounds. I hear the gun firing, my mate next to me can'T hear it, he picks the gun, so he can hear it, but i can'T . I added them some days ago, so i didn#t notice before. In there are only pbo's for HK416 and 417 , but no _c = config pbo. Can you help me out? C

Cheers

Rudy

Hm, thats kind of strange. You sure you both has the Addon installed? Well, at least there was an error with some missing wss files. Check the RPT for any entries, would be nice to know. With the 1.4 ACE Pack there will be a new version for ACE Sounds anyways.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

So, about how laggy JSRS 1.4 will be.

I did some SP scale tests with around 220 AI soldiers.

Test #1:

Without 1.4 average fps: 36,5

With 1,4 average fps: 32,5

Test#2:

Without 1.4 average fps: 39

With 1.4 average fps: 33

Means: Without 1.4 37,75 fps, with 1.4 32,75 fps. Its a drop of of around 5 fps in total. Thats alot I guess. Well, we have CBA running with the 1.4 tests. I dont know if this is causing any lags or performance troubles.

But I dont know how much 1.33 had effect the performance, so maybe there will be no difference at all compared with 1.33.

At least, I can life with that. We do some dedi server testing maybe today!

We can see the AI soldiers as real players because of the way the scripts is build. So that means, we would have a drop of of 5 FPS with around 200 player. I dont know how much this will effect an dedi server, but we'll see this maybe today.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

-Psycho-;2074813']Can you send me your test mission? I want to test it with 1.3.

regards

Thanks, will do! Just give me a sec.

Jarhead

What was the spec of the PC hosting the test game LJ? Unless it is a very high end rig I agree that a game with 200+ units is acceptable to show a drop of ~5fps.

The drop is not increesed trough the ai! The difference arises trough the mod - both test conditions are with 200+ ai's!:exclamation: You missunderstand this Munger.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:52 PM ----------

here are my performance test conditions and results:

conditions:

- i tested with exactly the same map like LJ (+220 AI's in a large scale fight with tanks and inf)

- format: lowest frames / average over the time / highest

- all tests repeated 2 times

result:

vanilla: 43 / 58 / 81

jsrs 1.3: 37 / 41 / 79

jsrs 1.4: 36 / 56 / 78

drop in avarage to vanilla:

1.3 --> 17 frames

1.4 --> 2 frames

my opinion:

In my eyes i didnt see a problem with jsrs and the new distant sound system.

However, I see a marked improvement in the average compared to the current version 1.3. --> passed! :D

btw: in all 3 tests are around 100 enemys in summary alive at the end of the test.

regards

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

I was also running tests with big and demanding missions, no performance problems so far. Now we need the MP test to tell if stability is really ok, but MP shouldn't be any different than SP since the stuff is running client side.

Yes, it is a big drop. But 220 men firing at once is not typical.

Could we get a test with two full squads unloading on each other? The drop here might be negligible.

-Psycho-;2074988']

result:

vanilla: 43 / 58 / 81

jsrs 1.3: 37 / 41 / 79

jsrs 1.4: 36 / 56 / 78

drop in avarage to vanilla:

1.3 --> 17 frames

1.4 --> 2 frames

More Sounds, a Distance-Script that wasn´t there before, and better Performance. I can´t get this into my Head..Congrats. :D

Perhaps much fewer RPT errors in 1.4 results in superior average performance? Just guessing though. Regardless, it's good news! :)

Enjoying the Videos L J - where do you get your intro music?

@[TcB]-Psycho-

Try test this with ACE+ACRE+some mod, on another island, Lingor maby, interesting how fps show?!

I´m testing with ACE+Blastcore+JTD Fire and Smoke+ all kinds of other Stuff: No Problems

Update

Benchmark E08 with a crapload of Mods

vanilla 44FPS average

JSRS 1.3 44FPS average

JSRS1.4 44FPS average

Specs: I7 2600k

Sapphire Toxic HD5850

Edited by Tonci87

You guys have to know, this mod is designed to make Arma 2 better! I dont make me crazy because of performance drops while using ACE or other addons or even other maps. The drop will be bigger I guess! Just because of the massiv scriptstuff ACE is adding...

At least I have to say, I'm really surprised by that test Psycho! I dont have JSRS 1.33 anymore, not even a backup (crazy isnt it? I made that mod at least, lol) so I had no clue of whats the difference compared with 1.33, but a better performance? Lol... yah, as Munger said, might be because of RPT's in 1.33. There are not so much in 1.4, hehe. Some missing wss files, but I still have some time before release.

Jarhead

PS: Psycho, thanks alot for testing matey!

you have exactly 11 days before your eta .... just for information ! ahah amazing work

I'll remember this, hehe

@PELHAM: On the latest video it was Uppermost - Obey The Rules! .

Jarhead

I'll remember this, hehe

@PELHAM: On the latest video it was Uppermost - Obey The Rules! .

Jarhead

one or two week waiting no problem

you have exactly 11 days before your eta .... just for information ! ahah amazing work

Whoa, now just a second! I thought JH said it would be released on 24 Dec?? :confused:

For the life of me I didn't notice the recent video on previous pages ref the distance sound script tests.

To be very blunt ... holy shit on multiple shitty sticks, that really has a professional quality to it. Looks like your setting the bar for BIS sound unit & scripters with this piece of gold for a trend of Arma3 wants for audio.

BTW I think its a good way of working Jarhead to keep a fresh outlook moving forward than to look at you older 1.33 work and keep comparing. Shouldn't it really be JSRS 2.0 ? :)

Shouldn't it really be JSRS 2.0 ? :)

I was thinking for something like that. But for that I would have much more to offer!!! Thats for sure!

But sure, JSRS 2.0 will come one day. At least in the A3 time...

Jarhead