What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

sorry for my noob question but what's the difference enter 128 and 32 samples and what is the effect in game ? (that's not an offensive or anything that's just interst me)

That's how many sound sources it can play simultaneously, so with 32 it'll quickly cut out audio and might ruin the sound image. Especially sound-packs contain a lot of sound samples, even a single gunshot can contain a lot of samples.

Increasing it can however have an effect on performance.

That's how many sound sources it can play simultaneously, so with 32 it'll quickly cut out audio and might ruin the sound image. Especially sound-packs contain a lot of sound samples, even a single gunshot can contain a lot of samples.

Thanks for finding the right words matey!

Thanks to all donors!

Yah the script is based on player position! So if you'r dead, the script will based on the last position of the player. Makes spectating a bit strange.

Jarhead

Its a great mod no question about that. The only thing needed is to make the distant battle sounds a little bit higher. I dont think its too much work. But still its up to you Im happy with it as it is :)

Thanks that's very helpfull ! oki now it's clear !

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate my good friend LJ on his official 1.4 release. I've had the pleasure to test things along the way with him personally, and will severely miss the opportunity to tease my friends we play with in MP about how great things sound and how they wish they had 1.4, lol.

I just want people to take a real good look at what you have before you and truly realize just how much went into 1.4. He didn't just take OS's scripts, slap a few of his sounds in and call it done and release. A LOT of work, constant changes, endless tweaking, etc. went into this. It doesn't mean what you have is the final, as I'm sure LJ will continue to experiment and fine tune the scripts for the distances. But as someone who has been testing this with LJ personally, I was lucky enough to see first hand how quickly in a short time 1.4 evolved from the basic distance stuff to new settings and exploring new possibilities originally thought just not possible.

But moreover, remember one thing before sitting there tearing 1.4 apart and lodging complaints--everyone kept begging about release dates, etc. He's managed a tremendous amount in such a short time to get it released to you all for a Christmas present. So keep that in mind with petty "Meh, I don't like this....I don't like that, I think this soundmod did this sound better" stuff. Just leave him alone to enjoy his holidays. If anyone deserves some peace and quiet to enjoy the time and finally get to relax--he does. And by all means earned it. ;)

So you all have 2 choices--be appreciative and see the bigger picture of what you have and trust LJ to tweak things after the holidays, or 2) Continue running the sound mods you all have been. Quite simple, really. So in other words--sit back with some nice eggnog, and enjoy 1.4 and let LJ enjoy his holidays as well, trusting him to address any technical bugs in the future. Easy as pie--and we all know how much goats enjoy their pie! <crosses eyes>

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate my good friend LJ on his official 1.4 release. I've had the pleasure to test things along the way with him personally, and will severely miss the opportunity to tease my friends we play with in MP about how great things sound and how they wish they had 1.4, lol.

I just want people to take a real good look at what you have before you and truly realize just how much went into 1.4. He didn't just take OS's scripts, slap a few of his sounds in and call it done and release. A LOT of work, constant changes, endless tweaking, etc. went into this. It doesn't mean what you have is the final, as I'm sure LJ will continue to experiment and fine tune the scripts for the distances. But as someone who has been testing this with LJ personally, I was lucky enough to see first hand how quickly in a short time 1.4 evolved from the basic distance stuff to new settings and exploring new possibilities originally thought just not possible.

But moreover, remember one thing before sitting there tearing 1.4 apart and lodging complaints--everyone kept begging about release dates, etc. He's managed a tremendous amount in such a short time to get it released to you all for a Christmas present. So keep that in mind with petty "Meh, I don't like this....I don't like that, I think this soundmod did this sound better" stuff. Just leave him alone to enjoy his holidays. If anyone deserves some peace and quiet to enjoy the time and finally get to relax--he does. And by all means earned it. ;)

So you all have 2 choices--be appreciative and see the bigger picture of what you have and trust LJ to tweak things after the holidays, or 2) Continue running the sound mods you all have been. Quite simple, really. So in other words--sit back with some nice eggnog, and enjoy 1.4 and let LJ enjoy his holidays as well, trusting him to address any technical bugs in the future. Easy as pie--and we all know how much goats enjoy their pie! <crosses eyes>

You were by my side and have always helped and tried to provide constructive support! This is greatly appreciated! And be sure you will continue to be with me again! I'm not done yet! I just think that people's expectations are too high. Who knows! I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

how change acre radio default sounds on jsrs 1.4 radio sounds,and where find jsrs 1.4 radio sounds

how change acre radio default sounds on jsrs 1.4 radio sounds,and where find jsrs 1.4 radio sounds

It was supposed to be all right, because ACRE has extra sounds. Otherwise, just have a look into the AddOns folder. The "Radio Chatter" Pbo's you'd probably find yourself right?

Jarhead

can you help me about how it use?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

can you make it and upload on armaholic or put in with JSRS 1.4 mod. it will be for players bestest

I have been wanting to do this as well for the longest time. Unfortunately, the ACRE team is the ones that have to be willing to give users a way to change the sounds, otherwise I don't think we can.

I remember opening every .pbo in ACRE and not being able to find any sound files for the "clicks". So yeah, I think the only way we can replace the ACRE ones is getting the ACRE team to consider allowing users to change them. No offense to the ACRE team, they are nice themselves, but sometimes it would be nice to have this ability--especially for soundmod makers that wouldn't mind experimenting with new radio sounds that can be used with ACRE. :)

ok. if i can to do it i will tell you about it but i dont know yet wich files need to change. but i look it will not to do hard for who know how to work with pbo (inclouded)files

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

i think it is good idea.sorry for my english

Definitely going to keep the mod on my hard drive! So different yet so much better than the previous J.S.R.S! As others said though I did find battles far away a little silent but not always funny enough... I really appreciate the amount of work you put into this I don't see why you don't work for BIS and teach them a something or two about making sounds actually sound realistic. I really like the bullet pops and cracks and many other mods don't do that or don't implement it properly, I hope though that you'll get rid of the need for the vehicle for the script to work etc. But if not it's no problem good luck with the mod and enjoy all the praise from your fans! And have a merry christmas and a happy new year. "pops in the distance...." =D 1.4 here we come!

Oh and have any of you noticed that these sound slightly similar to the America's Army 3 sounds? The distant pops though.

Edited by Dagon19

A big thanks for this great addon! And particularly for amazing A10 noise!

It's from far the better version since this mod is available :yay:

And sorry for my frenchy English:D

sorry for my noob question but what's the difference enter 128 and 32 samples and what is the effect in game ? (that's not an offensive or anything that's just interst me)

It's the number of sounds the game can play at once.

You've probably noticed that the game becomes strangely silent when a helicopter launches fifty rockets or attacks with HE cannon rounds and overloads the sound engine.

Having 128 samples will lower your FPS when a lot of sounds play at once, but not during your average firefight.

And the 128 sample requirement really should be in the readme if it isn't already.

Good job bud, fantastic work, glad you managed to release it for christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

OS

i got a quick question i got @JSRS-E,vw,and w

the 4 jsrs mods are 2.30 gb together and the new is 1,45 gb

should i deactivate the other jsrs before using this newone?

And the 128 sample requirement really should be in the readme if it isn't already.

Yah, damn right! I will update it ;) Thanks for advise!

Good job bud, fantastic work, glad you managed to release it for christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

OS

Glad you jumped in mate! Thanks alot! You too, merry Christmas matey!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

i got a quick question i got @JSRS-E,vw,and w

the 4 jsrs mods are 2.30 gb together and the new is 1,45 gb

should i deactivate the other jsrs before using this newone?

As mentioned in the readme, please dont use any older Stuff of JSRS. If you want to use JSRS 1.33, you can do so but without 1.4.

The Config entries are much different and this will cause more problems!

Jarhead

yea i read that but i dont think its the same file i got mine from sixupdater

where the sound mod is in 4 mod parts but is it the same mod only in one folder now?

yea i read that but i dont think its the same file i got mine from sixupdater

where the sound mod is in 4 mod parts but is it the same mod only in one folder now?

Exactly! Because of some requests I got rid of the four folder and now everything is in one ;)

Jarhead

ahh cool just tryied it and the game runs smoother realy great work i like how the m107 and the m1 sounds now cant wait for the apache main gun great work keep it up:-D

hey as I said before: awesome mod!

But!: My game crashes sometimes. Now the rpt is spammed with messages like

"Warning Message: Addon 'JSRS_AH64E' requires addon 'CAAir_E'"

or

"Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1.SoundGear'"

I recently updated my arma2:OA (combined operations) to 1.60 but had before installed a beta patch.

Now do you guys think this crash is because of the mod or because of the new patch that I installed.

Was it maybe necessary to uninstall the beta patch in some way?

I really don't think this has something to do with LJ's mod

(on a sidenote: the error message says something about reinforcements but I don't have that expansion)

Make sure you're not running 1.6 and the beta patch at the same time.

If worst comes to worst, delete the JSRS .pbos mentioned in the error messages.

References to Reinforcements are normal.