View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 1 of 689 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

J.s.r.s. 1.5

WARNING
    Before using JSRS 1.5, please check with your physician regarding any health and safety concerns. Jarheads Sound Redeployment Studio is not legally responsible for any possible heart attacks or seizures brought on due to the shear awesomness of the sounds.

Jarhead's Sound Redeployment Studios
    presents

Current Version: 1.5 FINAL Released: 03.13.2013

by LordJarhead

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    DOWNLOAD
    ALL DOWNLOADS

JSRS15MOD-FINAL
    ->
    FINAL VERSION OF JSRS FOR ARMA 2 CO, no updates needed<-

JSRS15MOD-HOTFIX
    -> Latest Hotfix for JSRS15MOD-FINAL <-

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

OTHER DOWNLOADS

ArmA 2 DLC Supports

JSRS15MOD-ACR DLC SOUNDS
    -> Contains sounds for the Army of the Czech Republic DLC (Full or Lite). You will need to have JSRS UPDATE 4 or JSRS FINAL installed <-
    UPDATED 03.13.2013

Other Community Mod Supports
    JSRS15MOD-CWR² CONFIG TWEAKS

->Tweaked Configs of CWR², CWR² UK and CWR² NL Mod to provide cooperation with JSRS 1.5 <-
    JSRS15MOD-ACE PACK
    -> Contains sounds for most ACE weapons
    and vehicles <-

Other JSRS Downloads

JSRS15MOD-CONFIGS
    -> A set of configs which allows you to disable certain script effects like the FPS sounds <-
    JSRS15MOD-OPTIONAL SOUNDS
    ->
    Updated Version, also included in FULL, updated with Forests Creep Sounds<-
    JSRS15MOD-CREEPY FORESTS
    -> Also included in JSRS15MOD-OPTIONAL SOUNdS<-

Server/Adminside Downloads
    JSRS15MOD - Server Key Only
    -> The Server Key Only for Admins <-

BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING CONCERNING PROBLEMS, READ THE README
    README
    ->
    The ReadMe Files has been updated January, 23th 2013 <-

Use the patch if you already downloaded version 1.5 earlier! Thank you!

J.S.R.S. Soundmod Full v1.5
    J.S.R.S. Soundmod Update 2 v1.5
    J.S.R.S. Soundmod Update 3 v1.5

Seperate downloads (already in the full package):

J.S.R.S. Soundmod - Army of the Czech Republic DLC Sounds v1.5
    J.S.R.S. Soundmod - ACE pack
    J.S.R.S. Soundmod - Optional Sounds

Community Base Addons
    Arma 2

System requirements

1. ArmA 2: Combined Operations on latest version (means both, Arma 2 AND Operation Arrowhead!)
    2. A recent version of CBA is required! All three CBA variants, CBA, A2 and OA.
    3. It is important to set up 128 Sample in the Audio tions to prevent misfire of the sound.
    4. You'll find more information about that in the FAQ in the ReadMe.

Spoiler:

What is JSRS 1.5?

J.S.R.S. Mod is a Sound modification. This sounds less exciting at first than it is, doesn't it? Oh, but it is much more than
    just your typical sound modification. Simply because not only does J.S.R.S. essentially offer toally new sounds for ArmA II,
    but offers much more in that it also extends the game with new sound-based features in-game which were originally
    though not possible.

The biggest feature is the "Distance script" that allows the mod to address different sound effects at different distances
    to the player. The scenario: If a shooter is 500 meters away, one extra tuned value sound for this distance will be
    played. This gives the impression of being far away of that shooter.

There are also effects like the "First Person sounds" which giving the impression that the weapon is close to your face
    by adding mechanical extra sound effects which is only played when the player is playing in the first-person
    perspective. The same works for vehicles. When sitting as a passenger in an armed vehicle, you can hear the
    mechanical sounds of the weaponry.

The latest addition to the J.S.R.S. Sound modification suite is the all-new "in-room script" which mixes an extra loud
    echo over the weapon effects when the player is inside a building and is firing his weapon. The effect results in the
    impression that you really are inside a building.

All these new features--plus over 5500 other new sound effects--makes for an entirely new sound experience. Arma
    2 is transformed with only a mod in a completely different dimension. Each mission is completely different because of
    the ubiquitous new impressions. It is made for more aware of risk, opponents recognized by the authentic weapon
    noises or they can very accurately located due to the distance effects.

J.S.R.S. 1.5 brings all the old-known effects and sounds to a whole new level, even compared to previous J.S.R.S.
    versions of the past. This version is the culmination of J.S.R.S. "Perfection" after a long journey of working on J.S.R.S..
    Try it, you will not be disappointed!

So, JSRS is a huge mod I've been working on for more than four years--each time growing more improved.
    I try to offer help wherever I can and always have you--the community--in mind and value your opinions and
    support.
    This project definitely takes a lot of hard work and time. Yes, this is my hobby I am passionate about, but so much
    goes into the project it's almost like a full time job for me. Leisure, which is sacrificed for this is precious, and time is
    money as we all know.
    I had received some time ago a message with the request to set up a donation account. After some time and though, I
    decided to do this. I freely leave it up to each JSRS user themselves, how and to what extent he would like to donate to
    support my work. There are no obligations to you the user. There are no demands. This was something asked of me
    and I decided to do it.
    As always, I am grateful for everyone's support, it helps keep me excited going forward with JSRS knowing how many
    people look forward to my hard work. But to realize JSRS for Arma 3 it would take a lot more efforts and time, it
    would also require a lot more equipment that I can not afford at this moment. Therefore, any help would be gratefully
    appreciated in the highest degree!

I thank you very much for your support!

Support JSRS Studio

Thank you so much!

Thanks

Spoiler:

IMPORTANT NOTE:

YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO EDIT THIS MOD AND ITS CONTENTS WITHOUT MY EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION, NOR ARE YOU PERMITTED TO RELEASE ANY PARTS OF THIS MOD UNDER YOUR NAME.
    YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUBLISH THIS MOD ON OTHER SITES WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION. SINCE WE GOT REPORTS OF BROKEN JSRS DOWNLOADS PUBLICHED BY DIFFERENT WEBSITES. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DOWNLOAD JSRS ONLY VIA THE GIVEN LINKS IN THE BI FORUMS.
    I WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCURE TO EQUIPMENT OR PERSONS WHILST USING JSRS SOUNDMOD, IN PARTICULAR THE SONICCRACKS AND EXPLOSIONS, WHICH ARE REALLY LOUD IN GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Fei Mao View Post
    J.S.R.S is definitely the most enjoyable sound mod. I've totally fell in love with it. If saying VOP is my wife, then the JSRS is my sexy lass.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven breen View Post
    I really appreciate all your hard work on this amazing mod, lordjarhead! The sounds are fantastic and they really add depth to an already deep game.
    Quote Originally Posted by -ACU-Tech View Post
    Weee! awesome LordJarhead, thanks again matey! d/l'ing now!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeith View Post
    its almost inspiring to see how dedicated to making the best sound mod Jarhead is, which it pretty much is.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdeaL View Post
    This mod is outstanding and getting me back into arma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossack8559 View Post
    Again top job really good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey74 View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work. It is well apricitated cuase with yours and other mods the Arma series rocks @$$!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner19 View Post
    Wow thx Man. You saved my Sunday Evening^^ Outstandig Job you done there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bensdale View Post
    Realy good sounds! Stunning job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrain View Post
    Great work Jarhead, this is simply an awesome mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
    Excellent sounds mod btw very very impresseive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamm View Post
    This mod is amazing, everything sounds so good. Thanks for an amazing first release LJ!

J.S.R.S. by LordJarhead
    ====================
    Copyright © 2013 by LordJarhead, All rights reserved.
    Last edited by LordJarhead; Feb 4 2014 at 19:31. Reason: Added CWR downloads

Little Problem: other players had lag, when I fired my MG36.

Loaded mods:

CBA, Jay2Armalib, ACRE and of course JSRS

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    I go check this....

Remember, the sound mod it 2-4 time larger than normal sound mods. because it has twice Hz.wss as normal sounds. So it has an insane hardware hunger!

please provide signature files!!!!!!111!!!1111!!!!!!!!!

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    What do you mean? I'm new in this, so pls explain to me

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    Mate, there's no need for that. A guy has come here, made everyone a sound mod in his own free time, and this is the only thing you can think of saying?

Downloading now, will give feed back later on.

Jarhead, ignore Oxy, hes just impaitent like myself :-)

A signature file is a file that allows a server to verify the mod and allow a person to use it on a 'addon locked server'.

Im sure someone will have a better definition than i do

Alright first impression:
    In total it sounds very good. What I noticed as disturbing is the loud clicking noise when you shoot the M4. It just doesnt seem to fit. Aswell the sound of the bugs at night are way to loud, probably louder than your weapon.

Another thing is that it fells like the M16 and Mk16-17 are lacking some punch, the sound is way to "light".

Incoming fire sound is very good, and I really like the echo thing.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Hellfire257's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon C View Post
    this is the only thing you can think of saying?
    Same for you I suppose.

@Jarhead

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...don_Signatures

That will help you no end. Its much easier if you sign your addon for everyone. However, to do this you will need BinPBO which is included in the BIS Tools package.
    Last edited by Hellfire257; Aug 1 2010 at 15:12.

Page 1 of 689 123451151101501 ... LastLast