View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 462 of 689 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 6883

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

Sig Test Failed

im getting Faliure on the sigs.

had this in 1.4.1 too..

Starting the game with
    Code:
    -checkSignatures -mod=@CBA;@JSRS1.4
    but im able to play on V2 enabled server even tho the signature test fails. kinda odd

Master Sergeant Militantsausage's Avatar
    Nice release Jarhead, absolutely loving the atmosphere of this mod as always.

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by panther42 View Post
    LJ,
    Was this fix added to the 1.4.2 release, or do we need to change ourselves?

GossamerSolid M134 fix

What is the sound while riding inside a HMMWV cross country? Sounded like drums, or a tracked vehicle??? Very odd. I thought maybe it was supposed to represent the antenna hitting tree branches, but there were no trees around...
    No the Fix was added in the patch Do you mean the sound of crossing meadows and driving ofroad? This is BIS sound!

Quote Originally Posted by nuxil View Post
    im getting Faliure on the sigs.

had this in 1.4.1 too..

Starting the game with
    Code:
    -checkSignatures -mod=@CBA;@JSRS1.4
    but im able to play on V2 enabled server even tho the signature test fails. kinda odd
    Dont know about that, really strange. Tested JSRS in MP my self for testing purpose, never such an error. Must be something wrong with your installation of JSRS or even the serverkey. Anyone else have this error?

Jarhead

if (_ArmA3) then {if (_hasJSRS2.0loaded) then {"This is war"} else {"This is Hollywood"};};

I got this failure!

But i know the problem.

You must not start a Soundmod on your server. Its absolutly unnecessary!
    The only thing you have to do, is to add the bikey file in the keys folder.

Soundmods are, as far as i know, always clientside only!

I hope i could help you. ;D
    Cheers B1n4ry

Got a sniper_1_far error. Should all be installed correctly. This is the only problem I have seen.

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kremator View Post
    Got a sniper_1_far error. Should all be installed correctly. This is the only problem I have seen.
    Yes, confirmed! Saw it just now. Thanks alot, will update and make an hotfix soon!

Jarhead

LJ - I've got a question for you and wanted to see what you think.

Seeing as JSRS is on SU and because of the nature of SU (being able to update mods with minimal hassle), I was thinking you could use SU to test new versions with the optional sounds before they become canon.

For example: Make a 1.4.3 version on SU only with the optional sounds as standard and see what the user base think of the changes. If anyone feels strongly enough, they can post in here with their feelings on the matter. You can then get the general concensus and adjust which sounds are default accordingly.

It would be using SU for what it's good at (making changes to mods easily with minimal hassle to the end user) and you would get more feedback on what people think. Personally, I don't really mess around with optional stuff (not enough time or inclination to test them, but if it was forced on me in a test update, then I'd get to check them out. (Just my mantra there).

Then if changes are required, you can release an official 1.4.4 on all channels (direct download/Armaholic etc)

The only downside I can see is that non-SU users wouldn't have an opinion on the matter, but then why would they not want to install SU? It's easy and hassle free. Plus, you can get advance warning of any errors before an official release.

No disrespect to your current beta testers, but they managed to miss the problem where objects were created but not deleted, which was a pretty major issue (and oversight not to notice it on their part). Maybe they were too overwhelmed by the awesomeness of JSRS to spot it - Anyway, glad that's fixed now in the new version, performance is much better BTW.

Just some food for thought.
    Not a script kiddie turned forum hero.

^^^ +1 for me too.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Das Attorney View Post
    No disrespect to your current beta testers, but they managed to miss the problem where objects were created but not deleted, which was a pretty major issue (and oversight not to notice it on their part).
    Thats not right. Nobody has ever reported here an memory leak! This is so because it has never noticed anyone.
    This was reported from people who have a look at the script and had seen this theoretical problem. (this CAN appear but never is appear for a user who have make a notice of it)
    After it is fixed everyone comes and say: "hey, great to hear! That's so fine!" - i think that's realy funny.
    What i will say is that this was an minor problem not an major problem.

Do not compare this bug with a framedrop while a firefight is going on... apple and pears!

regards

Fair enough but it was dropping the frame rate when I was on SP and connecting to our server and I've read some posts on DH or here (can't remember) about the issue.

I didn't notice during a firefight, more after a period of time. There's lot's of mods running on my A2 at any given time so I couldn't isolate. Apples and pears indeed.

Anyway - I know you're the guy who coded it and it wasn't a personal atrack so no worries. It's good work. Still don't want to stray far from the original question though and get sidetracked.

Page 462 of 689 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast