View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 427 of 689 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6886

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by otarius-big View Post
    how change acre radio default sounds on jsrs 1.4 radio sounds,and where find jsrs 1.4 radio sounds
    I have been wanting to do this as well for the longest time. Unfortunately, the ACRE team is the ones that have to be willing to give users a way to change the sounds, otherwise I don't think we can.

I remember opening every .pbo in ACRE and not being able to find any sound files for the "clicks". So yeah, I think the only way we can replace the ACRE ones is getting the ACRE team to consider allowing users to change them. No offense to the ACRE team, they are nice themselves, but sometimes it would be nice to have this ability--especially for soundmod makers that wouldn't mind experimenting with new radio sounds that can be used with ACRE.

www.facebook.com/astfor
    In Loving Memory of my Uncle Mike. RIP 1-31-13 & Grandma. RIP 11-18-2013

ok. if i can to do it i will tell you about it but i dont know yet wich files need to change. but i look it will not to do hard for who know how to work with pbo (inclouded)files

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

i think it is good idea.sorry for my english

Definitely going to keep the mod on my hard drive! So different yet so much better than the previous J.S.R.S! As others said though I did find battles far away a little silent but not always funny enough... I really appreciate the amount of work you put into this I don't see why you don't work for BIS and teach them a something or two about making sounds actually sound realistic. I really like the bullet pops and cracks and many other mods don't do that or don't implement it properly, I hope though that you'll get rid of the need for the vehicle for the script to work etc. But if not it's no problem good luck with the mod and enjoy all the praise from your fans! And have a merry christmas and a happy new year. "pops in the distance...." =D 1.4 here we come!

Oh and have any of you noticed that these sound slightly similar to the America's Army 3 sounds? The distant pops though.
    Last edited by Dagon19; Dec 25 2011 at 16:19.

Private First Class
    A big thanks for this great addon! And particularly for amazing A10 noise!

It's from far the better version since this mod is available

And sorry for my frenchy English

Quote Originally Posted by M1n1d0u View Post
    sorry for my noob question but what's the difference enter 128 and 32 samples and what is the effect in game ? (that's not an offensive or anything that's just interst me)
    It's the number of sounds the game can play at once.

You've probably noticed that the game becomes strangely silent when a helicopter launches fifty rockets or attacks with HE cannon rounds and overloads the sound engine.

Having 128 samples will lower your FPS when a lot of sounds play at once, but not during your average firefight.

And the 128 sample requirement really should be in the readme if it isn't already.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

Good job bud, fantastic work, glad you managed to release it for christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

OS
    Just go ape shit and feel better.

i got a quick question i got @JSRS-E,vw,and w
    the 4 jsrs mods are 2.30 gb together and the new is 1,45 gb
    should i deactivate the other jsrs before using this newone?

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by maturin View Post
    And the 128 sample requirement really should be in the readme if it isn't already.
    Yah, damn right! I will update it Thanks for advise!

Quote Originally Posted by Opticalsnare View Post
    Good job bud, fantastic work, glad you managed to release it for christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

OS
    Glad you jumped in mate! Thanks alot! You too, merry Christmas matey!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pressytcn View Post
    i got a quick question i got @JSRS-E,vw,and w
    the 4 jsrs mods are 2.30 gb together and the new is 1,45 gb
    should i deactivate the other jsrs before using this newone?
    As mentioned in the readme, please dont use any older Stuff of JSRS. If you want to use JSRS 1.33, you can do so but without 1.4.

The Config entries are much different and this will cause more problems!

Jarhead

yea i read that but i dont think its the same file i got mine from sixupdater
    where the sound mod is in 4 mod parts but is it the same mod only in one folder now?

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by pressytcn View Post
    yea i read that but i dont think its the same file i got mine from sixupdater
    where the sound mod is in 4 mod parts but is it the same mod only in one folder now?
    Exactly! Because of some requests I got rid of the four folder and now everything is in one

Jarhead

Page 427 of 689 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast