View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 372 of 688 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 6880

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

Looking forward to the new version! Keep up the good work

LJ, don't forget the grenades and explosives devices with ACE2, like Claymore, C4, WP grenade or stuff. Some of them with JSRS 1.3 will make the explosive sounds awkward and non-matchings (like claymore explosive noise will making hundreds of satchel charges sounds, that's very cheesy to hear). I think you should keep polishing with them if you're adding sounds replacement for ACE2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJarhead View Post
    Ah guys, it is not so bad. I just dont gave the right entries into the configs. The ACE version I was always using for testing ist an old one, or WAS an old one. Now, with the new one, there are more weapons and I finally got the US NAVY Addon too in where we find the mentioned new helicopters. The Cobra is using standart sounds but this is just a small entry in the config.

And its not as bad. I already brought the AK's to run finally (AK105 and so on, all non-Arma Ak's) and I made the G3 too Works great so far, so I can move on fast again.

The Distance-Script is a script made by OS for Blastcore SM. It alows me to include thirdperson and external distance sounds. So you shot your gun and the normal sound will be played. Is the shooter further aways from the player or camera (YOU) so you only hear an poping distancesound instead of the normal sounds. Unbelieveable atmosphere is the result

I keep on working, so we'll see if I can also fix that chooper

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Good progress. Goza7.6, Groza9 or OC14 are working fine too

Jarhead
    Good News!

It's a great tool. I love that config browser, even for non-ACE editing.
    +1
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don┬┤t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysta View Post
    LJ, don't forget the grenades and explosives devices with ACE2, like Claymore, C4, WP grenade or stuff. Some of them with JSRS 1.3 will make the explosive sounds awkward and non-matchings (like claymore explosive noise will making hundreds of satchel charges sounds, that's very cheesy to hear). I think you should keep polishing with them if you're adding sounds replacement for ACE2 as well.
    Yah I had some trouble with some explosions. In ACE, when an helicopter craches and explode, the sounds it far too loud. Without ACE its not, its ok. Don't know what behind that, but I guess I find the entry.

Satchels have already new sounds with the ACE_explosions_c.pbo. Claymore, C4 and all other stuff will follow of course

Thanks guys

Jarhead

if (_ArmA3) then {if (_hasJSRS2.0loaded) then {"This is war"} else {"This is Hollywood"};};

Glad Six Config browser is useful for you guys! I know it has been very useful for ACE and CBA development!

There's a couple of hidden features including easy diffing of classes between different versions, or similar classes.
    Or checking Extended EventHandlers associated with a class.
    Check the documentation @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Config_Browser

The back-end can also be used to generate configs or bits of configs dynamically, it is for instance how I generate the eXtended EventHandler configs;
    https://github.com/sickboy/cba/blob/...ntHandlers.hpp
    https://github.com/sickboy/cba/blob/...fgVehicles.hpp

Or ACE weaponboxes etc.

I also used it to document the differences between A2 and OA, and this helped us a lot when moving from ACE for A2 to ACE for OA
    I'm also generating XML's for Jman's Persistent Player database

However the back-end features were never really designed for public usage (crude setup, need to know the project / Ruby etc).

Feel free to provide feedback/requests at the issue tracker.

Author of the Thread
    Awesome Sickboy! Thank you for your efforts mate! This is helping alot! Its easier than just taking ACE apart to get the configs and look through them. Thats a huge database with all helpfull stuff we need! Thanks alot mate!

Oh and I made M3A1, UMP45, UMP45SD and M72A2 today Thanks to Six Browser it was going really fast

Jarhead
    Last edited by LordJarhead; Nov 18 2011 at 10:44.

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    \m/ Keep up teh good work.
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGustaffa View Post
    Yeah sure, np. Rip it apart
    Spoiler:

It's unlikely to work out okay simply by copying and pasting the configs, but should provide some ideas how to organize it.
    Hey mate,

I work with your configs now, but I'm a little stock here. I have no idea how the SFX configs should loke like, or the "one" configs. Is there maybe a way you could handle me all hpp files over? Would save me a lot of time. And you a couple of dumb questions.^^

Thanks matey,

Jarhead

Author of the Thread
    So, I just want to show you the Tac50 I made. I love it. So this will be in 1.4 for ACE

Have fun,

Jarhead

Wow impressiv.....

Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Page 372 of 688 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast