View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 365 of 689 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 6887

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

LordJarhead your joke about release On December, the 24th 2026! is very very funny.
    release date thats is done!
    J.S.R.S. 1.33 playble

I don´t know if I really understood this....
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Ha ha, me either... but hes right I guess^^

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    I almost forget to mention this:

W0lle recently asked me for permission to use the JSRS sounds for the famous CWR ² project. Once we have agreed on a compromise, he have full access to the needed sounds.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=861

Thus, all JSRS users have nothing to fear and can play with the familiar sound in CWR ².

Jarhead

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyirish93 View Post
    You might be interested in this video LJ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNAa...&feature=feedu
    I'm not sure that sounds captured by video camera's narrow frequency range microphone could faithfully represent how they are actually sound.
    Having said that, I prefer that sounds will be cool and exiting, more than realistic

Master Gunnery Sergeant GiorgyGR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    I'm not sure that sounds captured by video camera's narrow frequency range microphone could faithfully represent how they are actually sound.
    Having said that, I prefer that sounds will be cool and exiting, more than realistic
    In my point of view just "cool and exciting" sounds ruins the ARMA potential.
    If you have *pop-pop* like sounds (just as Vanilla ARMA series) the player has NOTHING to fear.
    So..no tactical decision as: Artillery,Suppressive fire etc will be really effective to human player-because 'his' ARMA experience will have same "fear" sentiment..as playing Pac-man.
    Until this very day..i never understood why BIS doesn't promote the 'simulation' aspect of this software.
    If i want a mainstream game i won't buy ARMA-and if 'THEY' want to "Sell more" they are free to produce an entirely other title FPS...
    ..but THIS title must have what really deserves-RESPECT

I m sure by my sayings i represent a very large portion of players/community members..and i say:
    " L.JARHEAD MAKE MY EARS BLEED!.."
    Last edited by GiorgyGR; Oct 26 2011 at 12:57.
    "If you think as weapon's behavior simulation..a drunken cowboy riding his horse trying to hit something with his evil-spirit-possessed gun..don't try Lao Fei Mao's excellent addon"

>>>Fixed Exaggerated Weapon Sway <<<

Hellenic Special Operations
    [HSO]_Arm@gedon

Until this very day..i never understood why BIS doesn't promote the 'simulation' aspect of this software.
    If i want a mainstream game i won't buy ARMA-and if 'THEY' want to "Sell more" they are free to produce an entirely other title FPS.
    Arma 3 thread

I m sure by my sayings i represent a very large portion of players/community members..and i say:
    " L.JARHEAD MAKE MY EARS BLEED!.."
    Not really, becuase asking that same question might get you hollywood sounds so in effect I ask, Jarhead .. carry on as you are and perfect ... *post list and points*. Some of the earbleed sounds I notice 1.4 has tamed to make it a bit more realistic to be honest.

The actual bulk of the incoming round is much like other videos, so its actual sound to reality percentage is very high. Also the frequency can be boosted with EQ and compression and the noise of camera can be removed with tools. Plus the fact that not all sounds need to be right next to your ear, there's a balance of distant frequency which doesn't need to be perfect. I know for a fact that incoming round and other parts could be well used, whether or not Jarhead chooses to use it.
    Last edited by mrcash2009; Oct 26 2011 at 13:03.

SICK OF IDIOTS & STEAM.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Hellfire257's Avatar
    I appreciate how difficult it can be to get a decent sound of something. When I do it, I always listen to a crap ton of videos of the subject to get a feel for how it should sound, and if I find any of them particularly clear, I short-list them. Once that's done I pick one off the short-list and begin mixing it with some of the other sounds I short-listed along with a few spatial effects or what have you as required.

I think the most important thing is not getting the sound 100% accurate, but getting the right feel for the weapon and its sound.

Page 365 of 689 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast