View Poll Results: What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • The weapon sounds!

27 16.27%
  • The vehicle sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Environmental sounds!

4 2.41%
  • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!

24 14.46%
  • The script features like the "distance sounds"!

13 7.83%
  • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

94 56.63%
Page 492 of 689 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6886

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: J.S.R.S. 1.5

Hi LJ, ive noticed that when you fire the shotgun with pellets there is a weird buzzing sound and it goes on until the rounds land. also when you fire in 3rd person and then turn the camera to face the front of the gun it makes quite an "interesting sound". other than that, no other problems i can think of now
    thanks

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Yah, I had the same with the shotguns. No idea whats causing this. Will take a look and maybe rework the config or so.

LJ

Interestingly normal HE arty rounds don't make the whizzing sound (don't really hear any arty drop sound either) but white phosphorus (or smoke) do that wierd whizzing repeat. Not sure if you had had a look at those configs already LJH.

Yeah, when i used the bullet cam for one of my videos, you can hear the bullet from the M107 buzzing like the shotguns. 0:29 to 0:33 Maybe theyre using the same sounds?

Here's the video

I've only ever heard one buzzing sound for all bullets. As for artillery, the way the game defines the sounds makes downright bizarre things happen.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

Just heard the A10's GAU-8 from 4.5km away.......

.....Going to take a shower now.

My Releases:
    ArmA 2 CO: Jackal Two Nine || US Army '09 Replacements || Marsoc Marines Replacement Coming Soon...
    Skyrim: Jormungandr || Poison Blade (HD) || Poison Blade (Lighter Blade - HD)
    ArmA 3: VIPRR A-TACS

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusNZ View Post
    Hi LJ, ive noticed that when you fire the shotgun with pellets there is a weird buzzing sound and it goes on until the rounds land. also when you fire in 3rd person and then turn the camera to face the front of the gun it makes quite an "interesting sound". other than that, no other problems i can think of now
    thanks

I'm tempted to say that it's a faint buzzing sound played for all bullets that's just amplified because it's played simultaneously by about 10-15 buckshot bullets

Yeah thats what i've been thinking too. Wouldn't bother me hearing them when im being shot at, but not when im firing lol

JSRS Audio Developer LordJarhead's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    I will take a look in the config in some time. Maybe I can fix it with some changed entries. I guess its a problem with the Shotgun shells laying on the ground. They may use a snap sound for the shells, dont know, we'll see

Jarhead

Warrant Officer
    First of all, this is my first post in nearly 4 years... So feel special

Secondly; Wow! I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks ever since getting a decent enough system to run ArmA 2, and having a look at 'what's hot and what's not' these days, and your sound mod most definitely is.

Thirdly, and to get to the point; I just had a quick go, only to notice that the two weapons I tried had no firing sound. The M16A4 and the M21. I hear everything else, the combat ambience is superb, jets flying over, etc, etc the whole shabam...

I've set my audio to 128 samples, and as far as I'm aware, I've done everything as instructed.

Halp?

SCRATCH THAT...

*facepalm*

When copying the patch files into the "@JSRS1.4" folder in my ArmA2 directory, I copied the whole folder, creating a new "@JSRS1.4" within the original...

... Some triumphant return that was eh!
    Last edited by Shashman; Apr 13 2012 at 00:13.
    Original OFP-er and 'old' on here, with little to no idea what's going on these days, so go easy on me. Cheers mate!

Page 492 of 689 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast