Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT OPA Backpacks 4 All

While creating an mission having USMC force recons I noticed that they weren't able to carry the backpacks included in Operation Arrowhead. I was not satisfied with this situation so I had a look at the config values.

Now here it is: the ability to use the Operation Arrowhead backpacks for every ArmA II unit!

Please be aware that this mod doesn't add any new backpacks to certain units. It only adds a config value to the infantry baseclass so the units which are NOT included in Operation Arrowhead will have the ability to pick up and use the backpacks.

arma2oa2010072823140856.th.jpg

Known issues:

- the backpacks don't appear on the back of the old units

Requirements:

- ArmA II

- ArmA II Operation Arrowhead

Sadly the old models aren't capable of showing the backpacks, but of course they appear in the inventory.

Because of this config fix other community made soldiers will get the additional config value too. I've tested it with several other addons.

PvP server admins should take of allowing / disallowing this addon because of the additional inventory space it may be considered cheating in matches. Coop players have less to worry :)

If you want to see this mod working, go to the editor, place a non-Arrowhead unit (USMC soldier for example) and several backpacks of Arrowhead. You will notice that you can add them to your inventory. It works with male civilians too! Sorry girls, but female inventories aren't capable of using the backpacks :p

GLT OPA Backpacks4All 1.0 - Download @megaupload.com

GLT OPA Backpacks4All 1.0 - Download @armedassault.info

GLT OPA Backpacks4All 1.0 - Download @armaholic.com

GLT OPA Backpacks4All 1.0 - Download @arma2base.de

Thanks to anyone who wants to host it :)

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

thanks!

It's not possible to add proxies to all units, i suppose.. that's p3d work, no?

I'm afraid, yes. That's p3d work and without the MLOD it's not possible to do anything. I'm sure lots of modders out there want to use the backpacks on their units as well :( In that case my fix might be only a temporary solution anyway.

Oh yes, that's something that I wanted to have for Arma 2 infantry, having the coincidence that the backpacks aren't visible is partly good - you won't get those "nice" clipping issues. Hopefully BI will take their time to implement this feature for the Arma 2 infantry models, as they stated they'll advance its content to be more compatible with OA.

Thanks Legislator, your config works for OA are invaluable for me and must-use.

I'm afraid, yes. That's p3d work and without the MLOD it's not possible to do anything. I'm sure lots of modders out there want to use the backpacks on their units as well :( In that case my fix might be only a temporary solution anyway.

There is a p3d file with just the proxy's needed for the backpacks, look here in my thread and the linked threads there: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101340 with that you can put backpacks on your units too.

I tested it it works :)

There is a p3d file with just the proxy's needed for the backpacks, look here in my thread and the linked threads there: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101340 with that you can put backpacks on your units too.

I tested it it works :)

Thanks for the link! However I've got no 3d modelling skills, so I guess I still can't do anything :(

@Old Bear:

Thanks for hosting :)

Isn´t it possible to publish this addon as a script-version too? So it´s still in the mission and not everybody has to load the addon version?

This would be really great.

Isn´t it possible to publish this addon as a script-version too? So it´s still in the mission and not everybody has to load the addon version?

This would be really great.

This addon does not include any scripting but config changes. So answer is no, this isn't possible.