Sign in to follow this  
Koni

Hiding mission objectives ?

Should be a simple one, but I can't get it to work, or I'm using the old way of doing this.

I want to have say 3 or 4 objectives in a mission, but only the first one to be shown while the rest are hidden till I want them to become active, but they are all showing from the start...

In the Init file I have put...

"2" objstatus "hidden";

"3" objstatus "hidden";

"4" objstatus "hidden";

taken from either a post on here or some other site\guide saying how to hide objectives.

Now in a trigger that sets objective 1 to complete I have this in the On Activation box

"1" objstatus "DONE"; tskobj_1 settaskstate "SUCCEEDED"; tskobj_1 = true; publicVariable "obj_1"; "2" ObjStatus "Visible";

I have probably gone overboard getting the objective 1 to be classed as completed propperly, as it took me like 3 hours scanning the net for answers to actually get it to get checked off as completed, but that's not the issue :)

that's where I'm telling it to show the second objective.

This is from my briefing...

tskobj_3 = player createSimpleTask ["Find and kill blah blah"];

tskobj_3 setSimpleTaskDescription ["blah blah blah"];

tskobj_2 = player createSimpleTask ["blah blah blah"];

tskobj_2 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Arm yourselves and help defend Grishino", "Defend Grishino", "Defend Grishino"];

tskobj_1 = player createSimpleTask ["Try and escape"];

tskobj_1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["I have to get away from here as soon as possible and find Serina", "Escape", "Task HUD Title 1"];

The objectives get checked off propperly once achieved, but all the objectives are showing from the mission start.

Where am I going wrong please.

Thanks

"2" objstatus "hidden";

"3" objstatus "hidden";

"4" objstatus "hidden";

taken from either a post on here or some other site\guide saying how to hide objectives.

Sounds like OFP2 :p BIS speak in pidgin lua - they're are similarities, but one is still incomprehensible to the other. :D

objStatus is an obsolete command that has no effect on ArmA 2 tasks.

Ok thanks for the replies :)