Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/operation-flashpoint-3/news/operation_flashpoint_3,46341,2316579.html

A quick free translation:

Operation Flashpoint 3 - Codemaster is working on the sequel of Dragon Rising

War goes on in Operation Flashpoint 3

British publisher CM is working on a new part of the military simulation Operation Flashpoint. The game, which still doesn't have an official name, is the third part of the series.

Codemaster's chief Jamie MacDonald confirmed that OFP3 is being produced in the british studio Guildford. The antecessor Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, which was released in October 2009, also was produced here.

McDonald did not give further details, only that a completely new version of the Ego engine will be used. The graphic engine, programmed by Codemasters itself, is in constant developement.

Edited by Undeceived

I am going to hang myself now. Good knowing you guys.

:hang:

Hell Yeah...

Last time there was OFPDR, we got FLIR in Arma 2 as a consequence... I wonder what BIS will be cooking for us this time...

No wonder though : with all what they promised and what they delivered, they must have a ton of half-baked assets here and there to finalize and reuse... Plus they might have learned something in the way...

Why Operation Flashpoint 3 - Gamestar editors still dont know or refusing to get the information who has developed the real OFP? Even CM said only "a new part of Operation Flashpoint" and CM took the number "2" from OPDR silently away...

And yesterday Gamestar announced the "new ArmA patch 1.18RC" - nice!! :D

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/armed_assault/downloads/armed_assault,34934,2316549.html

British publisher CM is working on a new part of the military simulation Operation Flashpoint. The game,

hahahaohwow2.jpg

I can't believe my eyes.

another game where you have to take your hummvee and drive in front of the M1's to clear their path...

oh yeah and: "we will bring updates and patches to keep the game up to date"

Again? But "Operation Flashpoint 3" sounds like a sequel to me, BIS is gonna have to have another chat with their lawyers...

Shouldn't they be calling it "Dragon Rising 2?" :( Poor BIS, CM continues to ruin the good name of OFP.

Not surprising at all. Consolemuppets obviously aren't stupid, at least when it comes to making money. First, use a widely known name and a bunch of beautiful target renders to hype an absolutely craptastic game before release, then cut patch support for it within six months and free up the devs to create the next iteration.

How much do you guys want to bet that we will soon be seeing beautiful target renders praised as screenshots?

I hope it comes with actual dragons this time.

Same studio? Does this mean we have to endure more "Imma cool gangsta" videos of Sion Lenton with M4s with the carry handle mounted backwards at the front of the rifle?

I'm not sure I could take more of that - I was left in a pretty fragile psychological state by the last ones...

Edited by echo1

What leads you to believe it will be called Dragon Rising?

IMO a much better name would be AI Count Rising :p But I doubt that will ever happen with a racing engine. On the other hand they might actually make the cars drive like cars...

That said, I am looking forward to it for one very important reason -

Remember the epic flamewars on both forums? *nostalgic grin*

That said, I am looking forward to it for one very important reason -

Remember the epic flamewars on both forums? *nostalgic grin*

Yeah that was quality!- Especially when in the CM forums when they went crazy for a sceenie,just to be told it was actually an Arma1 screen! :D:D

looking forward to more pissing in the pot contest

I just hope they get rid of the OF brand from they're new toy

Domination, CM style!

Codemasters HQ has been destroyed! And the radio tower is down! They can no longer call in reinforcements!

Congratulations, you have captured CM, you have now been awarded a cookie, which is available at the BIS forums.

Side mission not resolved, Sion Lenton is still alive!

I hope it comes with actual dragons this time.

made me lol :)

I say this time they will pick the U.S. Army and you can be a tank commander, infantry man, operator and helicopter pilot.

Codemasters could make proper Rally simulation instead of those crappy arcade games

I guess it will use same ofp2 engine , new island and same models as DR , maybe new faction dunno

The game, which still doesn't have an official name, is the third part of the series.

I take offence at the bolded part. ArmA 2 is the third part of the series, with ArmA being the second. Why these magazines seem to miss that is a mystery to me.

The game, which still doesn't have an official name, is the third part of the series.

It does not have an official name yet! Thats just what the magazines call it because its the third

of the Operation Flashpoint series!

It's going to be set in the Middle East, it's called "Operation Flashpoint: Shiiite".

It's going to be set in the Middle East, it's called "Operation Flashpoint: Shiiite".

Damn you Placebo, now I have to clear the coffee off my desk. :p

It does not have an official name yet! Thats just what the magazines call it because its the third

of the Operation Flashpoint series!

It really, REALLY isn't the third part. It never has been, and never will be.