Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Operative;2009655']90% of the time the community speaks with fanboyism and elitism.
Operative;2009655']Does that say that 90% of the members are fanboys and elitists? Do each member have a equal share of the posts?

The "community" = all registered members of this forum, so yes it does. If you wanted to be correct, you would have said something along the lines of "90% of the time the community members participating in this thread speak with fanboyism and elitism". You failed to mention the specific subsection of the community, and where they participate. Leaving out parts of a sentence tends to distort the meaning, the thing you are really trying to say.

So ... :j:

Edited by JdB

The "community" = all registered members of this forum, so yes it does. If you wanted to be correct, you would have said something along the lines of "90% of the time the community members participating in this thread speak with fanboyism and elitism". You failed to mention the specific subsection of the community, and where they participate. Leaving out parts of a sentence tends to distort the meaning, the thing you are really trying to say.

So ... :j:

Ok, I could have elaborate more, but you get the point. When talking about other games, this is a fact. But I think I'm deviating the thread subject a little with all the discussion. Well, I did not even play DR/RR.

Operative;2009662'] Well' date=' I did not even play DR/RR.[/quote']

:Oo:

Ok, please join me and Texas Governor Rick Perry in a mass prayer for closure of this thread.

Actually i didn't mind Homefront, for a run and gun shooter, it definately felt more playable than CoD.

Operative;2009629']

This is your opinion. While many share it' date=' people still have the right to play and like the game.[/quote']

An GR, no one is denying that some people may find DR/RR fun, but saying a game is good based on the testimony on 2% of the player base and calling the other 98% elitest because they didn't like it, thats just plain silly.

Its like saying because some people liked Leyland, they made good cars and the majority are wrong because they didn't like how dodgy it was.

:Oo:

Ok, please join me and Texas Governor Rick Perry in a mass prayer for closure of this thread.

Indeed, when i found out that many hadn't even played CWC on the CM forums and claimed they were hardcore "fans of the series", i simply gave up...

Operative;2009662']Well' date=' I did not even play DR/RR.[/quote']

So you've been telling us, some of which have indeed played the games, how to view them whilst not having played them yourself?

nice...

Edited by Innomadic

Haha dude, I was not saying they are good games. I was all the time defending the people that like the games because some people say they have low expectations or things like that, like they have no right to like a particular game because most don't like it. The whole point just evolved. But it's enough.

So you've been telling us, some of which have indeed played the games, how to view them whilst not having played them yourself?

nice...

Don't be so hard on him, according to that same logic, Sion Lenton never played any of the games either.

Well now that I think of it, that's probably true though ... :bounce3:

Devil's advocate, unless you look like Charlize Theron, GTFO :p

And the only reason most of us do that is because it bears the name "Operation Flashpoint" and is marketed as a sequel.

My only beef with both games is that they called them OFP.

If they had just been called Dwagon Wising and Wed Wivver, then there would never have been such nerdrage, nor the comparisons.

As I said before, if they didn't have the OFP name, we wouldn't be paying attention to them.

Nail & Hit & Head springs to mind! :rolleyes:

I believe that there is no doubt and discussion about the fact that both Red River and Dragon Rising failed completely.

The fact that DR sold 1.2 million copies is, however, completely irrelevant, and not like Sion Lenton said, that Dragon Rising didn't fail because it sold 1.2 million copies. Because Dragon Rising didn't sell well because Codemasters created a good title. It sold well because of Bohemia Interactive's earlier work with the orginal Flashpoint and because Codemasters told lies about the game.

They lost most of their fanbase because of Dragon Rising which obviously had a direct effect on Red River sales - which is as we know - terrible - and as the wise man Sion once said; People vote with their wallets.

Believe it or not, but there's actually something in it.

All this points to: Both DR & RR are terrible games no matter if it's called Flashpoint or not, or whenever a few inviduals like it or not because it doesn't change the fact that both games actually failed. It didn't appeal to neither the majority of the Flashpoint fans or the mainstream.

Edited by Cyper

All this points to: Both DR & RR are terrible games no matter if it's called Flashpoint or not, or whenever a few inviduals like it or not because it doesn't change the fact that both games actually failed. It didn't appeal to neither the majority of the Flashpoint fans or the mainstream.

This ^

I'm suprised this thread is still active. The forums "over there" are more or less dead and the only ones left are grasping at straws whilst flogging the dead horse. It's bizarre.

Let it go, it's over.

Tis funny, i turn myself into a broken record saying that the only way to revive OFP is to make a game that is CWC and then some, get shouted down as a troll for it, but when someone else says the same thing, its like a grand new idea that was handed down by god himself.

Innomadic, the majority of the people on the CM forums basically want Arma 2 on the consoles and no matter how many times we tell them it's just not possible they still keep hoping CM will give them that despite the fact that RR is a step further away from it than DR and the fact that Sion Lenton believes that milsims are not fun.:eek: