Sign in to follow this  
Falkenhayn

Command Hierarchy

Good day.

I need to know how to establish a command hierarchy for units. I mean, if I deploy a platoon, I want the Lieutenant to only command his 4 sergeants, whom at the same time command 2 corporals each, etc. (Spanish Army structure). I dont want the LT to have to give orders to the 30 men in the platoon, as that's not only crazy for the Lt. but also very unrealistic. Is there any way to implement this?

Thanks in advance!

However, doing that the commander still has direct command over the teams, instead of only the squads.

Let me show an example

arma2OA%202010-07-27%2013-33-14-99.jpg

What I want is for the Lieutenant to have just 2 squads under his command in this example. Currently he commands the two squad sergeants independently (they move alone when their icon is selected), PLUS the two rifle squads (left squad) PLUS the two MG teams and the AT team (right squad). So that's 7 units in total instead of the intended 2.

Am I doing something wrong, or there is no way to do what I want?

I also would like to know the answer to this. Yet I have tried what you did, although you do not need to make a seperate subordinate module for each subordinate unit. For each commander you want you only need one of each (high command/Subordinate) just link all the desired subordinates to that commanders subordinate module.

Yet this still doesn't help with your questions, so I am in the same boat as you and need help with this.

You're probably right. However I preffer to keep it like this so it's more clear when you see it. Anyway, apparently there's no difference at all.