Sign in to follow this  
Arizona

Questions & suggestion

Hello everyone,

I make a suggestion that might startle purists of the game:)

It would be great if the development tools and map editor allowing the creation of a mod in the style of Red Orchestra (reinforcements for each team until exhaustion, defined class of soldier, the checkpoint to capture cards, reasonable size......) at the game-play to make the multi-player game more captivating and nervous while keeping the realistic side.

For I confess that I miss on the current multi or distance before battle is very long which will break the rhythm of the game.:D

Have you ever thought of a mod built in that style of play or do you do one day?

It would be great if the development tools and map editor allowing the creation of a mod in the style of Red Orchestra (reinforcements for each team until exhaustion, defined class of soldier, the checkpoint to capture cards, reasonable size......) at the game-play to make the multi-player game more captivating and nervous while keeping the realistic side.

This is possible using the existing editor together with SQF scripts

I really have no idea what you're on about sadly but you mention multiplayer so I'll move it to ArmA2: Multiplayer, as BI General wasn't the right forum anyway.

Hello everyone,

I make a suggestion that might startle purists of the game:)

For I confess that I miss on the current multi or distance before battle is very long which will break the rhythm of the game.:D

Have you ever thought of a mod built in that style of play or do you do one day?

Everything you ask for is allready possible using the existing tools.

So if someone wants RO gameplay, nothing stops him to do it, apart from the mission editing learning curve.

That said, 2 points :

* if mission editing looks too difficult for you to get your project going, there are probably some servers running missions more suited to your fast pace taste. The vast majority of servers will be running "Domination" and "Warfare" mission which you surely allready tested, but by searching a bit, you'll also find servers running faster, lesslarge PvP maps : Look for CTF mode and AAS mode, as well as Berzerk.

* if you want an exact RO clone, well... Play RO. A2 will not suit all your needs that's for sure, and you will end up disappointed if you expect finding RO in A2. Try instead to find what makes A2 good in your eyes, how mixing these elements with RO features can work. It will mean losing some part of RO in profit of A2. Try to see if the result doesn't give you one allready existing missions ( like some I mentionned above), and if not, maybe experiment yourself with mission editor.

So, 2 things to do : wander around on public servers trying other missions than the 2 usual ones, and try to define what you really like in A2, and play/make missions accordingly.

It can all be done with mission-specific scripting (thus not even needing a mod for it, but all is contained in the mission itself). Maybe not the easiest to do, but perfectly doable.