Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Quote Originally Posted by megagoth1702 View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm getting an error when playing my self created little test missions. I will see if its also on SP / MP games.

"CBA seems to be installed, something seems to be wrong with XEH ... Contact authors" Something like that.
    It's this error message, right?
    ERROR: You have loaded CBA, but something went wrong with XEH; Please report to authors!
    That's an an error message generated by an addon in the @CBA_OA mod folder (used along with @CBA by users of a standalone Arrowhead installation).

Can you tell us exactly what addons and mods you're using when this error appears?
    Last edited by Killswitch; Jul 27 2010 at 20:04.
    When life gives you lemonade, make lemons.

Correct. I have Combined OPS installed all in one folder (standalone, no STEAM), I am running arma2 standalone from inside the same folder though to play with my arma2 buddies.

Why would the AO folder give me an error although its not even loaded in the shortcut...

I use.. Wow, A LOT...

But the most recent ones are ->
    ACE, ACEX, ACRE, @JayArma2Lib, Zeus AI ACE, glt_opa_kill_double.

Thats basically all the new stuff. The rest is sound&units but they always worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by megagoth1702 View Post
    Correct. I have Combined OPS installed all in one folder (standalone, no STEAM), I am running arma2 standalone from inside the same folder though to play with my arma2 buddies.

Why would the AO folder give me an error although its not even loaded in the shortcut...
    It shouldn't (and couldn't), unless it is somehow loaded anyway. Check the the in-game "Expansions" menu - if @CBA_OA or @CBA_A2 was enabled in there, perhaps that's why it's being loaded processed. So double-check that no mods are enabled in the in-game "Expansions" menu. OTOH, if one uses -mod=... the choices made in the Expansions menu are disabled/ignored anyways, so that's not likely the reason.

(The error message you saw may also be printed if you have the ArmA II compatibility folder loaded, @CBA_A2.)

The error message is part of a sanity check built into @CBA_OA and @CBA_A2 and is meant to print a warning message to people when/if they load only @CBA_OA or only @CBA_A2 - both of these expect @CBA to be loaded aswell. In your case though, the specific error message you saw indicate that something odd has happened and that the Extended Eventhandlers system (which lives in the @CBA mod folder) hasn't been loaded properly.

I use.. Wow, A LOT...

But the most recent ones are ->
    ACE, ACEX, ACRE, @JayArma2Lib, Zeus AI ACE, glt_opa_kill_double.

Thats basically all the new stuff. The rest is sound&units but they always worked fine.
    Ok. Now, does this error message show when you're running Combined Ops or when you're running the older ArmA II executable? (When you run ArmA II, you need to load both the @CBA and @CBA_A2 mod folders) In either case, try isolating the problem to a case when you're using as few mod folders as possible. Once you have this minimal set of mod folders that still exhibit the problem (and the order in which they are listed in the -mod=... startup parameter), tell us. I'll try to recreate the problem here.
    Last edited by Killswitch; Jul 27 2010 at 22:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Big Dawg KS - no, CBA doesn't have that kind of functionality.
    Can it?
    VBS Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Armored_Sheep View Post
    I like to call Arma a sandbox game that works pretty much like LEGO - you buy it not just because you want to have a nice car from the main picture on its box, do you?

On The End Of A Bottle Of Cider-Somerset - UK
    Hey,i've tried snooping about but cannot find any info on the matter? (prob staring at me somewhere)

But is this needed on a dedi server?

Thanks

ck

How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Artisanal View Post
    Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function.

In reference to this posting

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg KS View Post
    Big Dawg KS - no, CBA doesn't have that kind of functionality.
    Can it?
    Maybe - I don't actually know. Submit a feature request in the CBA issue tracker so it can be further discussed - maybe there is a way to do something to do what you need.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ck-claw View Post
    But is this needed on a dedi server?
    No, it shouldn't be needed unless you have other addons on the server that require it.

On The End Of A Bottle Of Cider-Somerset - UK
    Thanks Killswitch

It shouldn't (and couldn't), unless it is somehow loaded anyway.
    Indeed.

Solved.

I downloaded some UK units for a campaign and put them into my "@units" folder, apparently I will split units into @A2units and @AOunits, because loading the UK units which were made for AO screwed up my game.

Make sure you never load anything with your game that is not made for it, double check and use organized mod folders, I learned that.

Solved.

I get the same error messages (XEH), and I'm not the only one. EVERYONE I have talked to has gotten that message when running vanilla A2 with the 060 version of CBA and their init line set up -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2.

If you run without the @CBA_A2, then you get a message you need it; if you run with it, you still get the XEH issue. Somewhere, something is not correctly referencing the cba xeh in the main cba folder.

I have experienced no issues running A2 and OA together; the regular @CBA works fine for that, and I do not appear to have any issues when running OA stand alone.

I'd take a good, close look at the CBA_A2 config file or possibly the versioning.

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast