Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Current version: 1.0.1pre2 (build 196)

This release is intended for users of all three variations of Arma 2 - the original ArmA 2, ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and ArmA 2: Combined Operations.
    Now comes in only one mod folder, @CBA_CO. You no longer need to load up to three different mod folders.

Just load @CBA_CO

Key Changes
    • 1.0.1 requires ArmA II 1.62 beta build 100697 or later. (Get the latest ArmA II betas from here)
    • This means that on Linux dedicated servers, you must copy the addons and dta beta game data folders from Expansion/beta/Expansion on your Windows computer into expansion/beta/expansion on the Linux server and edit the start script (arma2oaserver) to look something like this:
      Code:
      OTHERPARAMS='-cpucount=2 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod=@cba_co;@other;@mods;@go;@here'

Documentation
    Full documentation is available at DevHeaven
    The issue changelog is available here

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

See here (Download page)

Important:
    If you play with the current, official, non-beta ArmA II OA/CO 1.62 patch, you must use the previous 1.0.0 version:

This version still needs you to load at least two and possibly three mod folders:

• ArmA II:
      Code:
      -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2
    • ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead
      Code:
      -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA
    • ArmA II: Combined Operations
      Code:
      -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA
    Last edited by Killswitch; Mar 16 2013 at 10:35. Reason: 1.0.1pre2

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    FIXED: High Command missions would give the HC commander control of units outside his assigned command hiearchy.
    So this was causing that. I couldn't figure out which mod was doing it, if any at all. I kinda thought it was a problem that popped up with the release of OA.

I found a work around but it's nice to know I can change it.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Just removed the workaround(an extra Subordinate Module sync'd only to an existing Sub Module) and everything worked!

Thanks Killswitch!
    Last edited by Manzilla; Jul 24 2010 at 13:42.
    (God damn bananas..... again)

Join the most rootin', tootin'est crew on these here forums! That's right folks we're darn tootin'.

Mike Tyson's ode to Manzilla's SP playing style:
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious.... I want your heart, I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

Maybe this was why every time I play OA combined with Ace online I got a timeout then eventually crash to desktop, will check it out thanks.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpulpit View Post
    Maybe this was why every time I play OA combined with Ace online I got a timeout then eventually crash to desktop, will check it out thanks.
    If your timeout problems happen when you access an ammobox (gear dialog) then it is related to a bug in OA 1.52. It's fixed in the OA beta patches.

Xeno

CA_Modules_Alice2? Missing? I'm getting an error msg with the new version about EEH requiring this.
    Thanks.

are you running combined operations or just oa
    "Simulations aren't about the destination, they are about the way there." - Metalcraze

I have CO, but only launching A2 from a launcher. I had the previous version of CBA and all was working well. I dl the latest and placed only the @cba (letting it over-write) from the archive and now get the error msg I mentioned.

Arrow

Thanks for the update!

MfG Lee

Hey guys!

I'm getting an error when playing my self created little test missions. I will see if its also on SP / MP games.

"CBA seems to be installed, something seems to be wrong with XEH ... Contact authors" Something like that.

??

Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast