Sign in to follow this  
AAD10 Pete

Change AI-status of a civilian

how can you change the status of a civilian person to a bluefor person dynamically during a mission? I mean only the AI-status, not the 3D model.

Because if the person is civlian and i write "this setCaptive false;" the AI won't attack the civilian despite of that.

But I would like to make it the way that the enemy is also attacking the freed civilian as soon as I want it.

thx for help

Have him join a bluefor/west group should do the trick.

unfortunately not. If I join them to my group, they are still untouchable for the enemy...

unfortunately not. If I join them to my group, they are still untouchable for the enemy...

This doesn't really compute. Are you sure all side centers are correctly set up? Or maybe the (unarmed?) civilian is simply a low target, so the enemy attacks everything else first?

Anyway, I can assure you, that this join trick to switch sides does work absolutely fine. But with the information given, I can't tell what you're doing wrong. So maybe post some code or the mission alltogether.

you need to group him at the start of the mission to a unit with probability of presence zero and higher rank. Then use setcaptive true to stop East shooting him until your ready.

use Group F2 as join doesn't seem to work for this.

thanks for the advice. but it's quite odd to join the civilian to the group right from the beginning...

any ways possible to do it without joining the civilian to the player group at all?

anyway, I changed the two hostages to bluefor units... now, all is working fine...

It didn't need to join the players group just a BLUFOR who is never actually seen.

If a Civilian starts grouped with OPFOR his Side = EAST, however if you use the joinSilent method of joining an OPFOR group, his Side is still CIV after the join.

BLUFOR ignores him, but *sometimes* the Oppie Civ will attack BLUFOR and sometimes not. From everything I've read that shouldn't be happening, that his Side shouldn't remain CIV right?