COOP 20 Takistan Force
Current Version: 1.07
From a collection of different missions the server randomly picks one mission at a time, let it take place at a randomly chosen location on the map of Takistan.
Every player is his/her own squad leader, being able to recruit AI squad members of all types (like in Warfare, without the money).
There are different slots to fill by players, each with its own responsibilities:
- Common Infantry
There are 16 different missions at the moment, like clearing a town, capturing high value assets, hostages, searching ammo caches, escorting a convoy to a solitary outpost etc. - a mission parameter can be set to the maximum number of missions the team has to accomplish or can fail, respectively.
A mission generally can fail, when the overall team's deathcount exceeds a certain value during a mission, so "not to die is vital".
Missions already implemented:
- Clear Location.
- Search and destroy an ammo cache.
- Destroy an enemy Anti-Air radar and SCUD launcher.
- Search and rescue a shot down blackhawk pilot and destroy the blackhawk wreck.
- Find and stop an enemy convoy.
- Bring a supply truck to a solitary outpost - be prepared for ambushes.
- Several "Investigate xyz" tasks, each with an individual outgoing.
- Capture an enemy officer and bring him to your base.
- Relieve an ambushed friendly squad.
- Mark an enemy fuel dump with an IR Strobe.
- Detect and destroy Takiban Camps around a location.
- Support friendly forces in a large scale engagement.
- Mini-Insurgency: Gather intel about a weapon cache's location and destroy it.
- Clear the street of a location of AT mines.
- Mark Anti-Air installations with laser for artillery.
The whole mission is built as a "framework" where everyone with a bit of scripting knowledge can easily add self-made missions to it - a template mission with instructions is enclosed.
- AI recruitment
Dependent on the player's class there is a choice of possible AI units which can be recruited.
The maximum group size can be set as mission parameter.
- Advanced Artillery Request System
A virtual interface for calling in fire missions, based on polar coordinates. This interface is connected to artillery batteries built by the player and can be used when the player orders his/her AI into the batteries as gunner.
Having artillery cannons constructed decreases the number of AI units which can be recruited.
- Advanced Injury System
Allows to set different Damage Tolerance values as Mission Parameters.
- Settings dialog
Simply change viewdistance and terrain details at any time by pressing your "Teamswitch" key.
- Dynamic number of enemies
One can set a mission parameter to disable or double the amount of enemy infantry or enemy vehicles. However, the number of possible enemies depends on players currently playing on the server.
- Air support
Snipers can make use of the laser designator to call in AI controlled A10 bomber.
Deploy rallypoints as additional respawn points.
- Random Enemy Air Patrols
- Random Enemy Foot Patrols
- Random Enemy Camps covering the whole map
- IEDs covering the whole map
... and some more stuff to be discovered on your own.
- Can be played alone as well.
- Easy to extend and customize.
- In case you want to reuse, modify, edit, expand, break, port or whatever (parts of) this mission, you are actually welcome to do so. Please don't ask me for permission. Just remember to give credits appropriately.
- The versions on Takistan/Zargabad have no requirements.
- On all other islands as well as all FHW edits, Combined Operations is required.
- For the ACE versions, of course the ACE mod needs to be loaded additionally.
Please report bugs, issues or suggestions on dev-heaven.net