British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

(Re)install the patch. If you're on Steam, make sure you launch the BAF shortcut for it to finish installing.

I did that before starting it and it installed some additional files. (I'm on Steam)

I'm gonna reinstall it. :S

EDIT: Reinstalling seems to have fixed my problem. Thank you for the help. :)

Edited by Hinkel

£8?!

I'll wait for Project Reality thanks...

I give your troll attempt 3 out of 10, subtle but still talking about an inferior, more buggy mod..

You are one hell of a troll... Whining about campaign bugs, unable to install ACE mod and you typo like a kid. You are also whining about 8£ which made me laugh. Go somewhere else please, troll. You do not deserve to play this game.

lol @ quoting Tankbuster. Thanks for the update BIS!

Indeed. I was, of course, taking the piss. I preordered BAF and activated the minute I could do.

I give your troll attempt 3 out of 10, subtle but still talking about an inferior, more buggy mod..

You are one hell of a troll... Whining about campaign bugs, unable to install ACE mod and you typo like a kid. You are also whining about 8£ which made me laugh. Go somewhere else please, troll. You do not deserve to play this game.

I did consider that he might be a deliberate troll but then I read his other posts and decided he was just a whining moron. "I can't install ace therefore the MP in Arma is broken" etc.

Okay..since I have no intent in reading full 236 pages to see if somebody already asked/said that, I'll just post it, sorry if I repeat something.

After I played around with BAF Lite yesterday, I decided to buy it, since I like the wepons and vehicles and wanted high-quality graphic and especially sound, I just dont like bad-ass 50 caliber weapons sound like .22 pistols.

So I bought it, installed and patched BAF and went to the showcase to try the stuff out. First thing I did, I tryed out the L111 aka M2HB, which has an alright sound in the original ArmA II and OA..and now? It still freaking sounds like a pistol, and in addition, the fancy Acog is not usable. Okay....the "I'm pissed"-meter starts to rise slowly....So i squeeze off a few rounds with the L86, wow..sounds alright, altho not really different from the Lite-Version (from what I can tell). Next step..to the ammobox, lets try out my favourite, the L115...take..load it..fire...and it sounds like a weak-ass pistol...wow..talk about being disappointed. Last thing...the AS50...welll, pointless in typing too much, it has the same shitty sound.

So, since especially the L111 and AS50 have US counterparts (M2HB and M107) I dont think that it is supposed to be like that, cause simple recycling of the soundfile would make for good sound.

So the question is, is this some kind of installation/configuration messup? I really wanna give the DLC a chance (I avoided DLCs until now...a creation from hell) and not call the entire thing a bad joke just yet.

But what I can say now...the, grenade sight for the L86 that was totally forgot at first and then added....really _IS_ a bad joke. I mean seriously....a simple black grenade sight over the whole screen? The US weapons had alright grenadesights, why cant that be the case in BAF? F*** the customer, just make some quick money or something like that I'm guessing....

I really hope that at least the sound-thing can be solved.

Okay..since I have no intent in reading full 236 pages to see if somebody already asked/said that, I'll just post it, sorry if I repeat something.

After I played around with BAF Lite yesterday, I decided to buy it, since I like the wepons and vehicles and wanted high-quality graphic and especially sound, I just dont like bad-ass 50 caliber weapons sound like .22 pistols.

So I bought it, installed and patched BAF and went to the showcase to try the stuff out. First thing I did, I tryed out the L111 aka M2HB, which has an alright sound in the original ArmA II and OA..and now? It still freaking sounds like a pistol, and in addition, the fancy Acog is not usable. Okay....the "I'm pissed"-meter starts to rise slowly....So i squeeze off a few rounds with the L86, wow..sounds alright, altho not really different from the Lite-Version (from what I can tell). Next step..to the ammobox, lets try out my favourite, the L115...take..load it..fire...and it sounds like a weak-ass pistol...wow..talk about being disappointed. Last thing...the AS50...welll, pointless in typing too much, it has the same shitty sound.

So, since especially the L111 and AS50 have US counterparts (M2HB and M107) I dont think that it is supposed to be like that, cause simple recycling of the soundfile would make for good sound.

So the question is, is this some kind of installation/configuration messup? I really wanna give the DLC a chance (I avoided DLCs until now...a creation from hell) and not call the entire thing a bad joke just yet.

But what I can say now...the, grenade sight for the L86 that was totally forgot at first and then added....really _IS_ a bad joke. I mean seriously....a simple black grenade sight over the whole screen? The US weapons had alright grenadesights, why cant that be the case in BAF? F*** the customer, just make some quick money or something like that I'm guessing....

I really hope that at least the sound-thing can be solved.

In upcoming BAF 1.02 patch theres fixed L111 sound - now it is using a M240 sound - thats weird :D

AS50 dunno havent tryed yet and about GL sights they should make colour one and with numbers , not just black one with no numbers :mad: - mean something like this http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/Photo.aspx?id=S4CotHOtd2w43CfklsnQE09TcxAA8diRs3HI13-!7AZoo7XjUmiBYE72evR9D7wm!s

Edited by RobertHammer

Like someone said above, no interest in passing through 236 pages to see if this has been addressed so I will just ask since there is no sticky for it from what I can tell:

I own ArmA 2 and Arrowhead as separate games. When I installed OA it became "Combined Operations". Neither are Steam bought games as they are game DVD's that I bought off the shelf and installed.

I am unable to purchase BAF on Steam because of this error:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

That game being "ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead".

In my Steam library, both ArmA 2 and OA are listed as "non-Steam" games and my Arrowhead is listed as "Combined Operations".

Why can't I buy the darn game?

If they can't sell the damn game in America it's not worth buying.

<antonie dodson>U r so dum.</antonine dodson> :j:

Like someone said above, no interest in passing through 236 pages to see if this has been addressed so I will just ask since there is no sticky for it from what I can tell:

I own ArmA 2 and Arrowhead as separate games. When I installed OA it became "Combined Operations". Neither are Steam bought games as they are game DVD's that I bought off the shelf and installed.

I am unable to purchase BAF on Steam because of this error:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

That game being "ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead".

In my Steam library, both ArmA 2 and OA are listed as "non-Steam" games and my Arrowhead is listed as "Combined Operations".

Why can't I buy the darn game?

Try reading the Steam store page. You can only use the Steam versions of the DLC if you have OA on Steam.

Box it up, put it on a shelf and sell it. Worked just fine for OFP, ArmA I, ArmA II & OA.

I'll wait for the Platinum Pack to come out.

DLC is DownLoadable Content. What is so hard for people to understand about that? Do you guys have some strange fetish with the smell of freshly-opened plastic packaging or something, that forces you into buying a hard copy of every piece of videogame-related software? :p

If they can't sell the damn game in America it's not worth buying.
^ That was rather ignorant...

But yes, I concur that is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen in a long time...

There is nothing hard at all about understanding what “DLC†is. Nowhere in any of my posts did I pose a question even remotely close to “Gee, I wonder what DLC is?†Most ignorant thing you’ve seen in a long time? How about the beginning of your response being one of the most arrogant things I’ve seen in a long time?

The move to DLC was a business decision for BI that is simply costing the company sales. When the “content†costs more to purchase from the Sprocket site than from Steam, one begins to get the pungent aroma of value-added tax stinking up the transaction.

I live in America, and simply choose not to pay for Europe’s poor fiscal decisions.

Of course, none of that makes a lick of difference if I just happened to purchase OA off of Steam instead of in the store, then I wouldn’t be having this discussion because then I would have been allowed to purchase the DLC’s from an American website.

And that makes no sense whatsoever.

I live in America, and simply choose not to pay for Europe’s poor fiscal decisions.

And thats why the US is borrowing money from china to the tune of trillions of dollars :j:

There is nothing hard at all about understanding what “DLC†is. Nowhere in any of my posts did I pose a question even remotely close to “Gee, I wonder what DLC is?†Most ignorant thing you’ve seen in a long time? How about the beginning of your response being one of the most arrogant things I’ve seen in a long time?

Well given the fact you're asking about hard copies for DLC, I was concerned that you didn't know what DLC meant exactly, otherwise I thought it logical to presume you wouldn't ask such a question.

The move to DLC was a business decision for BI that is simply costing the company sales. When the “content†costs more to purchase from the Sprocket site than from Steam, one begins to get the pungent aroma of value-added tax stinking up the transaction.

Well, look at the price yourself:

USD 12.67 (USD 10.56 excl. VAT)

I presume 57 Cents is too high of an increase? Besides, Steam doesn't do proper conversion between the currencies. I believe that's still the case. Whereas Sprocket will show that 8.99 Euros equates to USD 10.56, so you're actually getting it just a bit cheaper as it's actually USD 11.91, Steam just says that what costs 9.99 Euros costs USD 9.99, 9.99 Pounds, etc. It doesn't do any conversion, and that's why you get a cheaper price in USD.

I don't get the point as exportations from the EU (ie sales outside the EU) are VAT free. Thus you should pay the US VAT, not the European one.

Edited by ProfTournesol

I don't get the point as exportations from the EU (ie sales outside the EU) are VAT free. Thus you should pay the US VAT, not the European one.

There is no VAT in the US, and there never will be.

Who cares about 57 cents? Not me. Bottom line is that it costs more at Sprocket than it does at Steam.

But the real bottom line is that it is not available on the store shelf. In the end it is immaterial as BI will eventually package everything up in an Anthology of sorts and sell it as a complete package, once they release their Mafia DLC (oh, come on now, you know it is coming).

Scarface with a SCAR...

Ahmurrikah strong!

:j:

Also, you do have sales tax, which at the end of the day is essentially the same thing as VAT, just applied a bit differently. (You as the end user have to pay a tax on the price of the product, its the same however you call it)

Who cares about 57 cents? Not me. Bottom line is that it costs more at Sprocket than it does at Steam.

So you dont care about 57 cents, but you do care that theres a difference?

Make your mind up, for the love of god :j:

You call it "Sales Tax" mate.