Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD Disposable 1.0

Whipped this up today real quick at work.

Description:

This addon allows for the proper simulation of disposable weapons. The effected weapons will no longer

take up inventory space for their ammunition, nor do you have to worry about taking ammo. As long as

you have an unused weapon, you will be able to fire it. After you fire, it will no longer be usable.

Currently, only secondary weapons (launchers) are supported.

The currently effected weapons are the M136 (AT4) and RPG-18 anti-tank weapons.

You can also configure your addon weapons to make use of the system.

Required Addons:

Requires Extended Eventhandlers.

Explansions:

Works with either ArmA 2 stand alone, Operation Arrowhead stand alone, and ArmA 2: Combined Operations (ArmA 2 + OA).

Readme:

+====================+

| BD Disposable v1.0 |

+====================+

Author:

======

Big Dawg KS

Credits:

-------

Big Dawg KS - scripts/config

Changelog:

=========

v1.0

-----

Initial Release

Description:

===========

This addon allows for the proper simulation of disposable weapons. The effected weapons will no longer

take up inventory space for their ammunition, nor do you have to worry about taking ammo. As long as

you have an unused weapon, you will be able to fire it. After you fire, it will no longer be usable.

Currently, only secondary weapons (launchers) are supported.

The currently effected weapons are the M136 (AT4) and RPG-18 anti-tank weapons.

Addon Compatability:

-------------------

The system can be used by new addon weapons by setting the appropriate values in the config.

Magazines:

Base your magazine on class "BD_DisposableLauncherMagazine" and it will inherit all the

appropriate values for the magazine.

Weapons:

In your weapon class, add the following config entires:

reusable = 0;

replaceWithOnUse = "MyLauncher_Used";

Where "MyLauncher_Used" is a second class you should define that is based on the

original launcher class. It should contain the following entires:

reusable = 1;

magazines[]={"BD_FakeRocketMag"};

displayName = "My Launcher (Fired)";

It is important that you set "reusable = 1" on your "used" version of the weapon.

The display name can be whatever you like, though I recommend you find an appropriate

way to distinguish it from an unused weapon (the original launcher class).

Multiplayer:

===========

This addon makes several config changes. It is recommended that everyone (including the server) be running

the addon, and that everyone uses the same version of the adddon, when using it in multiplayer.

Explansions:

===========

Works with either ArmA 2 stand alone, Operation Arrowhead stand alone, and ArmA 2: Combined Operations (ArmA 2 + OA).

Required Addons:

===============

THIS ADDON REQUIRES EXTENDED EVENTHANDLERS

This addon should also be compatable with any other addons provided they don't interfere with the XEH stuff.

Disclaimer:

==========

I am not responsible for ANYTHING that happens to your computer by using this addon. Use at your own risk.

Installation:

============

Install the pbo & bisign files into the Addons folder in your ArmA 2/OA directory or any mod directory. Install the

bikey file in your Keys directory.

Download:

Armaholic

Mediafire

Megaupload

Additional mirrors would be appreciated.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

There's a mod called INKO disposables, does the same thing and is cross compatible with OA

There's a mod called INKO disposables, does the same thing and is cross compatible with OA

Good for it.

Does that mean I am not allowed to make one then?

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Good for it.

Does that mean I am not allowed to make one then?

Well when there is already one out there widely known and yours doesn't seem to do anything different, it's pretty redundant...

but I guess there's never enough usermade content.

Well when there is already one out there widely known and yours doesn't seem to do anything different.

Maybe not yet, but I do hope to expand it. Besides, I just looked at the INKO stuff, and mine does it slightly differently. Maybe some people will just prefer my version, and others prefer INKO.

Lol its like when we see 3,000,000 versions of the m4.

Bd makes alot of good stuff. I will def use this.

Does your version make the player discard the dropped empty tube? I'm trying both this and INKO's version out.

...grenades...

Don't know how INKO did it, but knowing Big Dawg since a while, his codes are always optimized and user-friendly.

Regards,

TB

Does your version make the player discard the dropped empty tube? I'm trying both this and INKO's version out.

...grenades...

I see what you did there.

No, it does not force you to discard the expended launcher tube. Don't wanna leave those things laying around for the enemy to use for booby traps. ;)

Bump, Downloading thanks.

but may I ask what is "Extended Eventhandlers"???

sorry I'm new to the community :)

Bump, Downloading thanks.

but may I ask what is "Extended Eventhandlers"???

sorry I'm new to the community :)

CBA, a base for mods. search it up, and download it.

Actually Extended Eventhandlers is only a part of CBA and it used to be separate. Would be nice if it still was separate without all the unneeded crap in CBA.

Actually Extended Eventhandlers is only a part of CBA and it used to be separate. Would be nice if it still was separate without all the unneeded crap in CBA.

LOL...since you obviously have no idea what CBA contains (the crap as you call it), maybe you want to explain on it more...

LOL...since you obviously have no idea what CBA contains (the crap as you call it), maybe you want to explain on it more...

Not in this thread. This is about BD Disposable, not CBA.

okay man, stop arguing.

I've already got CBA in my directory. But I didnt know such a alternative name for it.