ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)
Current Version: 22.214.171.124 1.55 COMPAT
Latest Release Date: 11.12.2010
Current TS3 Support: TS3 Beta 36 (TS3 API v8)
We would like to introduce to you the ACRE mod, in production by various members of the A2 community. The ACRE mod links ArmA2 and Teamspeak3 to create a more immersive environment in which we play in, including positional audio, real radio communications and complete compatibility with the ACE2 ArmA2 project.
We intend to create the most realistic and immersive radio system within the current gaming world; based off of real life experience and knowledge, as well as the use of physical terrain obscuration, radio loss, distortion, and all other considers a real radio operator must make on a daily basis.
We welcome anyone to supply feedback on this cooperative project.
FEATURES * 100% ArmA2, OA and OA Combined Arms Compatible * Four ACRE-Specific Radios
. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio
. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio
. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio
. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio
* 100% ACE2 Compatible
. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.
* PRC-148 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio' * Realistic GUI interfaces for radios, they are the real thing * Directional speaking for non-radio, normal communications
. Real-time 3d positional information
* Realistic terrain affects for radios
. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects
. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal
. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far
. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects
* Separate Push-To-Talk key (non-toggle) for using your radio
. If a person speaks on their radio and you aren't on that frequency, you can hear them 'directly'
* Multiple hotkeys and quick-displays for fast information about your radios * Players can carry multiple radios on different frequencies
. Hot-swap radio hotkey
. Current radios selection menu
. Pop-up display on broadcast to know current radio in use
* Radios are now considered unique objects within the ArmA2 world
. Radios are droppable and maintain ALL settings for anyone who picks them up
. Program a radio and trade it with a player!
. Pick up your dead enemies radio and discover his platoon's frequency
* Man pack Radios have the ability to use 'PA' mode in a vehicle, broadcast at 40,000mW! * Custom Squawk sounds for all radio transmissions (credits to Krause)
* Realistic distortion effects
. Normal broadcasting distortion
. Signal lose distortion and noise
* 100% BattlEye compatible * Performance and desync considerations
. All time critical radio information is communicated via TeamSpeak3, server desync doesn't break ACRE
. Crash/Desync fallback functionality. Sound "anomalies" are no longer possible with lag/desync.
. Optimized distance, terrain, positional and signal calculations
. Use of JayArmA2Lib for Named pipes communication; 0-latency inter-process communication between TS3-ArmA2
. Server side garbage collection of radios to prevent object clutter/long mission lag
. Many fixes for ts3/arma2 crashes, server/mission disconnects
* Global 15 second reset for any of these scenarios
* Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat
* All the official ACRE testers
* TacticalGamer.Com Community for Testing: Krause, ThePieSpy, Zedic, Azzwort, Sandiford, Cro, gr!imreaper, Omega Team, TG Admins, and others
* Shack Tactical (www.shacktac.com) for multiple thorough testing sessions
* SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) for so much thorough testing and dealing with crashes
* Dev-Heaven community for listening to us complain
* BI Forums community for the support
* kju & Sickboy for the dev-heaven space
* BWF's Le Culto and Johnson with A2TS3 for giving us the motivation to do this.
Last edited by NouberNou; Nov 13 2010 at 01:21.
Reason: adding v1.0.14 1.55 compat release
This FAQ covers 99% of the issues which have been reported by new players; including installation issues.
This mod itself is a complex realistic simulator and as such, we have gone as far as we can to making the installation and updating process as simple and smooth as possible.
If you are having trouble installing or using the mod, or are not sure if what you are running into is actually a bug, please refer to our cummunity tracker for self-help from testers and other users. Community Tracker
If you have further questions, feel free to post here on the forums and I'm sure someone can help assist you.
Installation Guide Video from TacticalGamer.Com
We couldn't have gotten this far with our mod without the support of the communities which have regularly tested for us. Thanks guys!