Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Any chance we could get a update on how things are going with the F16 update??

Would be more happy about you finishing the F-16 and releasing it finally :|.

Would be more happy about you finishing the F-16 and releasing it finally :|.

Keen to have my life? Fine, come and get it. Such comments aren't helpful in keeping enthusiasm high for it.

:EDITH:

And before the arguing goes like "well, you can do the lightcycle, why not the F-16": The Lightcycle is a rather simple addon compared to the F-16 so it takes less time and less concentration is required to work on it. The F-16 requires a lot of research from my side to bring it to that level i want it to be. And no, goin for less isn't an option as the already released F-16 would fit that goal.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Looks like a blast! Thought much about adding the trails?

I thought about it but in terms of "realism": the Lightcycle doesn't have the trails outside of the game arena. ;)

others would just have said "i'm too lazy for that". :D

Ah, understood. Though I still think there's room in Arma for a Lightcycle arena. :D

After all that time it seems that some credits/property issues are still unclear although i thought anything is clear and save. To keep things clean i have no other choice than to completely (as far it is possible to me) retire the F-16 from public access.

For the why, statement on the GLT Addons Homepage. (You have to be registered/logged in to read the News)

Request to all Filehosters that host this download: please remove all donwloads containing the GLT F-16

Regarding the update of the F-16: delayed as i need to completely remodel a new F-16 or receive a donation from another modeller, whatever happens first. This throws the state back from 80% done to 20% done.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Few things I see here:

1. We do not permit the publishing of private messages without the consent of all parties involved. I find it highly unlikely ANZAC Steve gave you permission to publish said PM. Instead, you should have simply asked people to do what you have requested and that is all. Report it to us if you feel it should be. If he has given you permission to post it then keep it, otherwise remove it please.

2. You guys should stop using the same base models across all of your F-16 packs. You are causing way too much trouble and it's getting annoying for us to have to clean up after you.

why can't people just get along...

This is a great F-16 addon and it's sad to see it have to get removed because somebody has hurt feelings.

A few people do not make up the entire community. Do not turn this into a shit-throwing argument. Sort this out yourselves, involving us or not, or let it be. Do not air it out in public, and please remove that PM or I will remove it myself.

Edited by Zipper5

What Zipper5 said, please no discussion about it. Use PM's if you have something to say about this topic.

@Zipper5

Quote removed as requested. It is no longer publicly available. I'm sorry, i just thought that people have a right to know the backgrounds.

Sad to see this go... I really hope you guys can sort this out.

Edited by galzohar

File will be removed from Armaholic shortly. Sad to see this go for now as well, you had some amazing features working for the next release.

Myke;1965269']

@TheCapulet & PROTOTYPE 001

I'm sorry' date=' i'm not familiar with any modules of ACE so I'm afraid there's nothing i could do.[/quote']

CfgWeapons properties:

ACE_EASA = 1;

CfgMagazines properties:

ACE_EASA_SIDE = 1;

ACE_EASA_WEAPON = "ACE_HellfireLauncher";

ACE_EASA = 1;

ACE_EASA_NAME = "AGM-114K";

ACE_EASA_CARRIER[] = {"Plane","Helicopter","UAV"};

-------

All it would require is alternate config files for CfgWeapons, and CfgMagazines, following the template above.

CfgWeapons properties:

ACE_EASA = 1;

CfgMagazines properties:

ACE_EASA_SIDE = 1;

ACE_EASA_WEAPON = "ACE_HellfireLauncher";

ACE_EASA = 1;

ACE_EASA_NAME = "AGM-114K";

ACE_EASA_CARRIER[] = {"Plane","Helicopter","UAV"};

-------

All it would require is alternate config files for CfgWeapons, and CfgMagazines, following the template above.

You have PM.

I just want to download a U.S. F16. Right now I don't give a crap about how I get it, who made it, or where it comes from. I'll worry about thanking the person once I get my hands on it.

If somebody steels your work, changes it a little and wants to release it as their own work, whatever. Just tell them to give props where it's due. Sounds like somebody was trying to improve an already existing vehicle and the originator got pissed, greedy, slapped a few hands and tried to hide the candy. What a dick thing to do. You should work together and make it happen. I'm tired of flying this comi-version F-16 around. I need one with some stars and stripes on it like there is supposed to be GD it.

I just want to download a U.S. F16. Right now I don't give a crap about how I get it, who made it, or where it comes from. I'll worry about thanking the person once I get my hands on it.

If somebody steels your work, changes it a little and wants to release it as their own work, whatever. Just tell them to give props where it's due. Sounds like somebody was trying to improve an already existing vehicle and the originator got pissed, greedy, slapped a few hands and tried to hide the candy. What a dick thing to do. You should work together and make it happen. I'm tired of flying this comi-version F-16 around. I need one with some stars and stripes on it like there is supposed to be GD it.

Welcome to the modding scene. lol. :P

Every modding community, in any game, in any genre is like this. In fact, the Arma community is really one of the better ones I've experienced.

You gotta remember, these guys aren't doing this for props, they're doing it for enjoyment. If someone encroaches on that enjoyment, no one can blame them if they take their ball and go home. I'm not saying that it's always the right thing to do, I'm just saying that it's a very common cause and effect situation.

I designed a ton of maps for a game called Tactical-Ops long time ago. When I released my maps for public download, I would first remove all of the brushes in the map - making it so others could never open and edit the map further and release it as if it were their own map. Some of the models I put into the map could not be protected, like stationary mortars that players could use. A few guys out their stole the mortar models and firing code out of my map and used the mortar in their own maps. At first I was pissed about it. Several years went by and the community dried up and hardly anybody still kept playing the game at all, but one day I reinstalled the game and got a few friends together to play it and I found out that there was a few patches that had come out since I last played the game and the patches prevented the ability to play any of my old maps at all, so we all joined some unknown server playing a bunch of maps I had never played before, and the first thing I noticed was my old mortar sitting on the ground in front of me in. Then I noticed that the map creator had placed about 20 mortars in his map and he even changed the physics of the mortar slightly. My friends that joined the server with me had never played the game before, and they were using the mortars like crazy. The map was designed by some amateur mapper and my friends thought the map totally sucked, but they also told me that they loved the mortars. It was then that I actually felt happy that somebody had stolen my work and used it in their own map. I kind of wished that I didn't remove the brushes from all the maps I released to the public. Even if somebody were to steal my work and butcher it and release it as their own, it would have at least been nice to have seen my work still being used. Since then I have released tons of maps, mission for a bunch of different games and I always give everybody full permission to use and edit it.

A million years ago I wrote a Med Kit script for Cold Crisis. I had only owned the game 2 weeks and I knew nothing about scripting. On my second day of scripting and trying to create an invisible landmine script, I wound up coming up with the crazy idea to create a Med Kit Script and it took me 2 hours to complete it. I tested it with the 007 Vets clan and it was bug free. I then released it to the public and I got bashed for releasing a cheat. Within 1 day there were like 10 pages of forum users bashing me to death, then some guy that worked for codemasters came to my defense and also asked me for my permission to use my med kit script in possible future patches or releases of the game. Everybody then stopped bashing me. lol. 10 years later I bought Dragon Rising and learned how to make missions for it. I made the coop mission "SHELL SHOCK", but I hated the editor and uninstalled the game after releasing my mission. Then I bought Arrowhead. I had no idea it used basically the same editor as Cold Crisis, the only problem was... I forgot how to script. So I tried creating a new Med Kit script like my old one. I finally got it working bug free and a few months went by and I found an old Zip Disk that had my old Med Kit script on it from over 10 years ago. I was amazed when I looked at it and noticed that it was identical to the one I scripted 10 years later. lol.

Welcome to the modding scene. lol. :P

Every modding community, in any game, in any genre is like this. In fact, the Arma community is really one of the better ones I've experienced.

The Civilization IV community is hands down the best I've encountered. I really wish more communities would follow their example.

I designed a ton of maps for a game called Tactical-Ops long time ago.

Well, there's a blast from the past. I played that mod quite a bit, though not as must as Infiltration.

I still love all the bot names. :D

@Myke: did you get the PM I sent you?

@Xeno426

aye, reply sent.

@all

please do not discuss how "good" or "bad" this or any other community is in this thread (no offence, it just doesn't belong here).

The F-16 is not abandoned, it just throws me a few steps back but i've received several pretty generous offers for help. No details yet as i don't want to put pressure on those offerers.

Until then, the file hosters that check these Forums regulary might have removed the downloads as i've requested it but...hell, the bird is out for a long time now, ask uncle google what he might think about it. ;)