Sign in to follow this  
texkaz

Wierd Problem

So I have a helicopter problem and what's weird is everything worked ok the first few times I tested the scenario. I told the helicopter to land on an invisible helipad with the command: helicopter land "Get Out" and to wait 20 seconds (I put 20 seconds in min mid and max). As I said, it worked like I intended, but then it transport unloaded me (I thought transport unload was supposed to unload you and all the ai) and flew off with my squad members. I don't know what changed and why it is doing this new behavior.

In an earlier way point I have the chopper do an extraction with a waypoint put right by it with the condition that everyone is alive and in chopper before it takes off. Is there coding that could say everyone who is alive and out of chopper before it flies off? I think this coding would work much better.

Is everyone in the chopper in the cargo area? So when you place the unit you put

this moveInCargo CHOPPER_NAME

or

this moveInCargoIndex [CHOPPER_NAME,CARGO_INDEX_#]

The cargo index code means that you have more control over which seat they occupy and should be a number. Hope this helps.

You could always make the entire group perform a getout action upon landing. I'm sure some waypoint synching magic can do it too, but I am unfamiliar with chopper unload.

It doesn't matter who is in cargo or not.

Is everyone in the same group? Or is it two seperate groups? Without that info none of us can help you.

If you have two groups like you should, you need the helicopter to "transport unload" and the group it is carrying needs a "get out"

And you have your commands wrong.

Transport unload won't kick you out. Transport unload means the vehicle is transporting some other groups units and it will unload them only if they have a "getout" command. It will pause at it's waypoint letting any other group that is in your vehicle have a chance to get out. But if the group inside does not have a get out, then the vehcile will move on.

If you are part of the vehicle group, get out, will make everyone in that group get out including pilots and gunners. But if it is carrying another group in cargo, that group will stay inside.

A group with an unload command will unload it's own units that are in cargo. Only leaving the driver and gunners in. But it won't unload any other groups in it's cargo.

And the 20 seconds doesn't really mean that the command will go first then wait 20 seconds. Sometimes it goes after. And in a helicopter, making it wait doesn't make it wait on the helipad. It will land to do it's job (unload) then get back in the air to wait the 20 seconds. And most of the time if the group leader unloads, it won't wait for the rest of his group get out sometimes. Or will hover after the leader gets out and the rest of the units die jumping out, or get injured. Or it will get back in the air to finish waiting the 20 seconds.

I don't know what you did, but i know what happened. You got out because of the get out command. No one else did because it got back in the air too fast and didn't give them a chance to get out. Now they would have to eject.

Do you want the pilots to get out or just you and your group?

I'll guess. Have the helicopter in it's own group, pick you up using the "load" command. It will arrive, then you select your units point at the helicopter and tell them to get in. The helicopter will then come down and allow everyone to get in. As long as you tell them to get in, it will wait for them all to get in before it takes off.

Then your helicopter will move to the next waypoint, which should be a transport unload (unless you want them all to get out). Then while in the air moving the the unload spot, select your own units and tell them to disembark. Then when the helicopter lands, your units will get out immediately, and the helicopter will wait for them to get out. And as long as you are still inside, it should stay there until you get out. Once you get out the helicopter will get in the air and wait your 20 seconds.

That's also a trick when you have missions where your units need to get out of a helicopter and it takes off before your units are out. Like if you play the Seal Team Six missions, It usually lands and pushes you out the lifts off as your units try to get out without breaking legs etc. Once it pushes you out, get back in. Then the helicopter won't take off until you get out. So get right back in and wait for your units to get out then you get out.

If use

yourheliname land "LAND"; doGetOut yourunitname1; doGetOut yourunitname2; doGetOut yourunitname3

and so on for each unit in the unload waypoint's on activation box the heli should land (if a helipad is present) and the troops will get out.

If the troops are the same group as the heli they will then piss about briefly and get back in, so at this point you should probably also add them to a new group or assign them as cargo to their next vehicle.